Do I Have a Problem? (with Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
I have 3 very nice (Serious Seeds) AK-47 plants in their 7th week of flowering. They look very healthy. But some (very few) fan leaves near the top are starting to yellow and slowly become crisp.

Pics are attached.

The plants were vegged for 4 weeks in 100% Roots Organic soil. Then for flowering, I translpanted them into 7-gallon pots with 50% Subcool's Super Soil (on bottom) and 50% Roots Organic (on top). That was 7 weeks ago.

I've given them nothing but plain tap water for their entire life. But I don't think they need any extra nutrients, because they've been in never-used Super Soil for only the 7 weeks of flowering.

I may have over-nuted them last week by top-dressing each with a bit of Super Soil.

Heat is not the problem, because the very highest leaves are fine.

Trichomes: 50% clear, 50% cloudy.

Any idea what the problem is? Or maybe there is not a problem? Could this be normal for plants that are almost ready for harvest?

001 (800x600).jpg

002 (800x600).jpg

003 (800x600).jpg

A whole plant pic would help but You say your at 7 weeks, so most likely it just the plant using up all it's stored nutes. As long as 'the bud growth is health and the pistils are maturing right I don't think you have ant problems to worry about. The plat is just using up and discarding the sun leaves

You dont have enough lime in the mix. Ran outta juice and now it cant control the PH levels and their is no more cal/mag to use up.

Been there done that with that mix. 1-2cups per cf of medium. Sounds crazy high, but you need soooo much to sustain MJ over the 16 week cycle or so.

Rosebud said:
Could we see the whole plant?

Theye're asleep now; I'll get a pic tomorrow.

But the buds are long, fat, hairy, stinky, sticky, and colorful.

nouvellechef said:
You dont have enough lime in the mix. Ran outta juice and now it cant control the PH levels and their is no more cal/mag to use up.

Been there done that with that mix. 1-2cups per cf of medium. Sounds crazy high, but you need soooo much to sustain MJ over the 16 week cycle or so.

So can I remedy this now? If so, how?

Thanks

I just wanted to see the whole plant cause my first impression is the same as Ozzy's but would need to see the whole plant.

Your in good hands here Jim. They have ya covered.

If it just a Cal/mag problem just add 1 tbs of Epsom salts per gal water. just a leaf here or there =plant reaching end of life, the whole plant doing it = PH and Cal/mag out of whack

ozzydiodude said:
If it just a Cal/mag problem just add 1 tbs of Epsom salts per gal water. just a leaf here or there =plant reaching end of life, the whole plant doing it = PH and Cal/mag out of whack

It's just a leaf here and there...

""But the buds are long, fat, hairy, stinky, sticky, and colorful.""

Yual been starin at me wifes boobs gain after smokin the good stuff aint ya? ;)

Stop That!

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
""But the buds are long, fat, hairy, stinky, sticky, and colorful.""

Yual been starin at me wifes boobs gain after smokin the good stuff aint ya? ;)

Stop That!

BWD

Ya caught me!

Yual good pilgrem takin to joke quick aint to most mans ease ual caught quick, yual smart one be lookin ur firesides ifin yual dont mind company?

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Yual good pilgrem takin to joke quick aint to most mans ease ual caught quick, yual smart one be lookin ur firesides ifin yual dont mind company?

BWD

Don't mind at all friend...not at all...

DiamondJim420 said:
So can I remedy this now? If so, how?

Thanks

You can try epsom salt, for sure. But at this late of stage of flowering, doubt it will do too much overall. Make ya feel better inside :)

Latest posts

Back