New and having issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheck14

Jack of all trades, master of none
Reaction score
First indoor grow. Trying to keep everything simple. Leaves are turning pink/red colors week 6 of flower. Temp and humidity are 70’s F and 50%, respectively. I haven’t used many nutes. One water with minimal amount of Roots organics Terp tea grow, weeks ago early flower. Water every 3 days, with recharge every 10 days. PH at 6.5. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3998.jpeg
    IMG_3998.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Fan leaves start to ‘fade’ later in flower as the plant uses up the nitrogen in the soil and fan leaves. It is normal. It wouldn’t hurt to feed them more frequently though. And I will save @bigsur51 the trouble of saying it, the plant(s) could benefit from some cal mag.

I do have some Lotus cal mag. I’ve been reluctant to use nutrients for a couple reasons. 1. Being new to growing, I didn’t want to overdo anything and cause more problems for myself. 2. I’m trying to be as “organic” and as “clean” as possible.
Only 1 of my 4 is having this issue, which has me concerned and makes me think it’s some sort of problem that needs addressed. You can see in this picture this one looks fine compared to the pic in the OP

Attachments

• IMG_4312.jpeg
    IMG_4312.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
The pink fade is probably strain or phenotype related. Feeding the plants will have the opposite effect of causing problems. The other plants are showing signs of being ‘hungry’(the discoloration of the edges of the leaves).

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the input. My next watering day is tomorrow, Thursday. As I’m watering about every 3 days.
Should I give all 4 cal mag plus some Terp tea? I have Terp tea bloom by roots organics. Again, nutrients worry me. But I suppose I’ll have to get over that fear. There’s only one way to learn. Dive in

I would feed them. I always try to relate indoor growing back to how plants grow in the wild. A plant outdoors can(and does) send out roots in search of fresh soil with the nutrients it needs to grow bigger and/or produce healthy fruits/seeds. Indoor growing prevents that since the only soil and nutrients available are in the pot they are in. Sure, you can get away with little or no feeding but you are limiting the plant’s potential. I feed my regular houseplants occasionally and they usually reward me with growth and flowers.

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot. I’ll update in a few days. I hope to become a part of this community. I’m not giving up!! Cheers
Honestly, your plants look pretty good. Especially for a first go at it and having fed them minimally. My suggestions are just that, suggestions. We all learn from one another on here about how to get better at cultivation. Most of what I know I have picked up from other growers here in an effort to be better informed. There is nothing better than consuming your own. It is good to know what has gone into the plants. A lot of dispensary bud is grown with synthetic PGH(plant growth hormones) that at best, improve harvest weight and at worst, push possibly carcinogenic chemicals into their buds.

I do have some Lotus cal mag. I’ve been reluctant to use nutrients for a couple reasons. 1. Being new to growing, I didn’t want to overdo anything and cause more problems for myself. 2. I’m trying to be as “organic” and as “clean” as possible.
Only 1 of my 4 is having this issue, which has me concerned and makes me think it’s some sort of problem that needs addressed. You can see in this picture this one looks fine compared to the pic in the OP
The irony of not wanting to overdo something by not giving anything to it is actually overdoing doing nothing....
Yeah you're in good hands with @oldfogey8 and @bigsur51. Like they said the girls are hungry and that lotus cal mag should not upset your root biome so your organics won't suffer

I half ass took everyone’s recommendations and watered yesterday, Wednesday 6/28 a day ahead of schedule. I noticed my Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom has some calcium and magnesium in it. So I watered with the Terp Tea and no added cal mag in the form of the Lotus cal mag I have laying around. First grow so kinda flying by the seat of my pants. Checked on them today, Thursday 6/29 and they look ok. Still too early to tell if the feeding helped. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks again for the recommendations. Keep replying with knowledge and opinions! I’m not soft and can take criticism.

Update 06/30/2023
It’s been a couple days since I fed with the Terp Tea Bloom. Nothing seems worse yet, so I’m positive for that while still realizing it’s likely too early to tell what the issues are, if any. I’ve always PH’d my water via test strips. I’ve recently ordered a tester to test the soil PH as well. Here is a few updated pictures of the problem child. I did remove some of the dying leaves when I watered last. Some other leaves since have shown up pinkish red, as seen in the photos. I believe I’m right at 39 days 12/12…

Attachments

• IMG_4019.jpeg
    IMG_4019.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
    IMG_4017.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4015.jpeg
    IMG_4015.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Update 07/04/2023
Everything is going well. I’ve talked to a local guy, the same gentleman that gifted me the clones I am growing. He has stated that my “plant with issues” is just doing its thing as it gets closer to harvest. I’m waiting on my soil PH tester and my jewelers loupe to be delivered. Attached here is my alien antifreeze, the one that was giving me “issues” and is now hopefully close to harvest.

I have some black demon OG and Stunna runtz that have just germinated. I also scored some Gary Satan fems from Covert Genetics that have just popped and are starting as seedlings for the next batch. I can’t wait for another cycle to hopefully dial in my setup!!

Attachments

• IMG_4036.jpeg
    IMG_4036.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Update 07/04/2023
Everything is going well. I’ve talked to a local guy, the same gentleman that gifted me the clones I am growing. He has stated that my “plant with issues” is just doing its thing as it gets closer to harvest. I’m waiting on my soil PH tester and my jewelers loupe to be delivered. Attached here is my alien antifreeze, the one that was giving me “issues” and is now hopefully close to harvest.

I have some black demon OG and Stunna runtz that have just germinated. I also scored some Gary Satan fems from Covert Genetics that have just popped and are starting as seedlings for the next batch. I can’t wait for another cycle to hopefully dial in my setup!!
That's a month away from ready at least.

For the first few runs wait until your absolutely positive to harvest...........then wait ten more days at least.
I like them very well done though so maybe you like them a bit not so much.
Kinda gotta learn to read the plants and what you like as you go.

Latest posts

Back