New and having issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is the fooking farmers out here who spray all the wheat and corn fields with glyphosate and dicamba

if the wind blows just right , the drift has wiped me out in the past , burns the hades out of cannabis I tell yas
94% of Americans have glycophosphate in their blood streams. Being that it is designed to kill things, that is not a good sign. RFK jr spoke about it on the Joe Rogan Experience detailing how they started out using it on young born plants to eliminate the need for hand weeding(and this labor) then eventually found it would desiccate wheat if sprayed a few days prior to harvest. So initially it wasn’t in good but has been ‘creeped’ into our food supply. It is banned in most countries except those that are ruled by lobbyists…

I just used Roots Organics Lush soil. I did do one application of Lotus Grow very early in the vegetative stage, I’ll have to check my logs to see exactly what week it was… I only did one application because my leaves started to burn after the application and I assumed it wasn’t needed due to the nutrients already in the Lush soil.
Also using recharge every 10 days to keep microbes in my soil. I think next round I’ll stay with the Lush soil due to its ease of use. I will note the problem child plant was giving me issues all through veg. It was constantly droopy. During dark times it would droop and after I turned the lights on it would perk up. Probably an unrelated issue, but worth noting.
The burn could be if you fed them too early in veg. Young plants don’t need as much as older plants. I usually start feeding in the late 2nd to early 3rd week(depending on how they look and the way the cotelydons look). I use about 1/4 of the dose for adult plants and work my way up to full(or even a bit more) dose over a couple of weeks. If I see slight leaf tip burning, I back off. I try to not get any tip burn but it happens. In hydro, I guess slight root tip burn is the aim but I grow in soil.

Yep, in water weed, when it's just the tips that turn brown, ya got it perfect.

One quick note I learned the semi-hard way; When growing heavy sativas in the same tank as heavy indicas, the nitrogen level that indicas love will burn up a sativa. I grew Black Vietnamese/Northern Lights in the same tank as Skunk #1. Didn't get the best of results, but the weed was still great.

94% of Americans have glycophosphate in their blood streams. Being that it is designed to kill things, that is not a good sign. RFK jr spoke about it on the Joe Rogan Experience detailing how they started out using it on young born plants to eliminate the need for hand weeding(and this labor) then eventually found it would desiccate wheat if sprayed a few days prior to harvest. So initially it wasn’t in good but has been ‘creeped’ into our food supply. It is banned in most countries except those that are ruled by lobbyists…
Two of my brothers both of whom were in the plant nursery business died from nonhodgkins lymphoma due to glycophosphate exposure.
I avoid the stuff personally.

Two of my brothers both of whom were in the plant nursery business died from nonhodgkins lymphoma due to glycophosphate exposure.
I avoid the stuff personally.
I used Roundup like it was water on poison ivy when my kids were young. Obliterated poison ivy in the woods behind my house(along with a lot of other ground plants). It is making a comeback now after close to 2 decades. Didn’t want them getting a rash. In hind sight, knowing what we know now, that was probably a poor practice…

Update 07/06/2023
I’ve just received my loupe and soil PH tester. Soil PH is 6.5. So I’m assuming that’s good and no issues?? Buds are looking fantastic. Leaves on the one plant are still going pink/red/yellow, but it is clearly ahead of the other plants judging by the visible maturity and the lack of white pistils. Still clear trichomes. Tomorrow is watering day, will give a dose of Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom and maybe a dose of Recharge as well. Just hitting week 7 into week 8. Whats everyone think?!?!
On a side note, I seem to suck at seedlings. They keep dying. Too much light. Not enough light. I can’t get them to stay alive. One seems to be not stretching too much. The others stretched out and fall over and die. I’ve adjusted the light to abt 24 inches 100%. Spider farmer sf1000

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpeg
    IMG_4057.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4056.jpeg
    IMG_4056.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4055.jpeg
    IMG_4055.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4054.jpeg
    IMG_4054.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Do you have a small fan blowing on the seedlings lightly? That helps strengthen the stems. Also, you could put just a small amount of dirt in the peat cups then put the seedling in the cup and gently fill with soil around the stem to provide them support. Bluish light on seedlings makes them less stretchy too. > than 5000k color temperature which most standard LED bulbs have on the packaging(~3000k is redder).

Do you have a small fan blowing on the seedlings lightly? That helps strengthen the stems. Also, you could put just a small amount of dirt in the peat cups then put the seedling in the cup and gently fill with soil around the stem to provide them support. Bluish light on seedlings makes them less stretchy too. > than 5000k color temperature which most standard LED bulbs have on the packaging(~3000k is redder).
I thought abt the fan thing. I should put one on them. Not following what you’re saying about the light. Please elaborate. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4058.png
    IMG_4058.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 0
I thought abt the fan thing. I should put one on them. Not following what you’re saying about the light. Please elaborate. Thanks
Color temperature is spec’d in degrees kelvin for some reason. I have ‘10000 kelvin’ tubes in a T5 fixture(a type of fluorescent bulb) and plants under that grow squat and happy. Your LED looks like it is full spectrum with red and blue. Some LED’s have veg and flower switches so you can turn off the red during vegetative growth. I have used 5000 k(bluish) CFL bulbs on seedlings in the past. Not as good as my T5 fixture(not as much intensity) but it works. As dogster said, the seedlings want more light which is why the get do leggy. Gotta be careful to not burn them though.

I’ve got 2 spider farmer sf1000’s. Should I run both?
I ran both while vegging my last run, but am flowering with a different light. I figured one of the sf1000’s would be plenty for a couple seedlings..
1 should be plenty. Maybe lower it slowly(maybe an inch or 2 every couple of days as long as they are acclimated to the light.

Update 07/06/2023
I’ve just received my loupe and soil PH tester. Soil PH is 6.5. So I’m assuming that’s good and no issues?? Buds are looking fantastic. Leaves on the one plant are still going pink/red/yellow, but it is clearly ahead of the other plants judging by the visible maturity and the lack of white pistils. Still clear trichomes. Tomorrow is watering day, will give a dose of Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom and maybe a dose of Recharge as well. Just hitting week 7 into week 8. Whats everyone think?!?!
On a side note, I seem to suck at seedlings. They keep dying. Too much light. Not enough light. I can’t get them to stay alive. One seems to be not stretching too much. The others stretched out and fall over and die. I’ve adjusted the light to abt 24 inches 100%. Spider farmer sf1000
Your seedlings need to be planted in a bigger pot deeper with room to grow. Also a good idea not to fill the pot to the rim as if they stretch, as yours did you could cover them with more soil. That long one is not getting enough light. your Spider Farmer light could be pulled closer. Have you always been running it at 24” and 100% or is that something you just changed.

Your seedlings need to be planted in a bigger pot deeper with room to grow. Also a good idea not to fill the pot to the rim as if they stretch, as yours did you could cover them with more soil. That long one is not getting enough light. your Spider Farmer light could be pulled closer. Have you always been running it at 24” and 100% or is that something you just changed.
Hey @SubmarineGirl , thanks for joining my thread and assisting me in my journey! Any comments and advice is greatly appreciated.
I started around 24”-30” at 60% brightness, as per the Spider Farmer manufacturer specifications for seedlings. After 2 seedlings fell over and died I put it at 100% at the same 30” height.
2 more seedlings gave up and just today I raised it thinking they were getting too much light. But after all the comments about not receiving enough light, I just now moved it down to about 12” at 100%.
I’m fine with trial and error, but the seeds I bought were expensive and I don’t like losing them. But it is what it is. The short seedling in the pic is the newest one, hopefully it stays healthy..

I’ve got 2 spider farmer sf1000’s. Should I run both?
I ran both while vegging my last run, but am flowering with a different light. I figured one of the sf1000’s would be plenty for a couple seedlings..
One light should be enough. Keep it closer if you see your plant stretching and I still think your pod is planted too high in that cup to be able to add more soil if it stretches to cover up the stem. Is there a drain hole in the bottom?

One light should be enough. Keep it closer if you see your plant stretching and I still think your pod is planted too high in that cup to be able to add more soil if it stretches to cover up the stem. Is there a drain hole in the bottom?
Ok I’m sure I can lower it or put it in a bigger cup and recess it. And there is a dime sized drain hole in each.

Update 07/09/2023
Everything is looking good. One of the girls is still maybe a couple weeks out from finishing. Just hit 8 weeks today..
Trichomes are getting milky, but waiting for the pistils to fully shrink and trichomes to have a little amber in them before I harvest. I feel like the feeding I’ve been giving them has really helped. The new growth isn’t getting discolored. Old growth is dying off like it’s supposed to. Thanks everyone for the advice!!
However, my seedlings are still dying. I suck at seedlings lol.
IMG_4070.jpeg
IMG_4072.jpeg
IMG_4071.jpeg

Last edited:
I still suck at seedlings. I’m getting frustrated. I just can’t fig it out. Spider farmer sf1000. Specs from manufacturers website says 25”-30” at 40%-60%. I’ve tried that, ive tried 18 inches which is what I vegged at during my present run. Now the light is a foot or less and this batch is not doing well. Only 2 of 4 are surviving. Barely…
Today, 07/12/2023 I’m trying a new set up. I took a grow bulb from the wife’s houseplants and made a reflector. I’m running out of seeds. I have 4 left, all are germinated and planted today, (1/4 inch- 1/2 inchtap root) Gary Satan from Covert Genetics.
-Soil is miracle grow soil with perlite (I fig my Roots Organics Lush may be too hot to start until veg)
-Water PH is 6.5.
-Temp 70-75 night/day, respectively. Humidity is 60%-70%
—————-HELP!!!!!————-
Thanks in advance
IMG_4091.jpeg
IMG_4092.jpeg
IMG_4093.jpeg

Last edited:
I keep my soil moist(not wet) for seedlings. Your soil looks pretty dry to me. Once they seem established, maybe a couple of sets of leaves, you can start letting the soil dry out a bit. The new light/reflector should be good.

Edit:my reasoning behind keeping the soil moist early on goes back to nature. Seeds of most plants(maybe all) sprout in the springtime when it is usually relatively rainy and the soil is cool and moist. Sprouts don’t yet have much more than a tap root so they can’t seek out water with their to-be-developed root system early on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back