New and having issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I agree that your soil looks a little dry. They don’t like sopping wet but wet is essential for those little roots. I would water these mostly around the edges of those little pots to encourage root growth. Try not to get the little plant wet when doing so. Your little makeshift reflection house with plant bulb should work at this stage but your SP1000 can also easily handle the job. If they start to stretch remember they are looking for more light and you should act quickly.
good job on planting them lower in the cup with room to cover any stretching Good luck with these…🤞

Yes I agree that your soil looks a little dry. They don’t like sopping wet but wet is essential for those little roots. I would water these mostly around the edges of those little pots to encourage root growth. Try not to get the little plant wet when doing so. Your little makeshift reflection house with plant bulb should work at this stage but your SP1000 can also easily handle the job. If they start to stretch remember they are looking for more light and you should act quickly.
good job on planting them lower in the cup with room to cover any stretching Good luck with these…🤞
I just couldn’t get it done with the led. Gotta try something new🤷🏼

I just couldn’t get it done with the led. Gotta try something new🤷🏼
The new light should work but the SF LED is probably not the problem. Proper moisture early on in growing is important. Back to my nature thoughts, seedlings are able to thrive under sunlight which is more intense than most LED’s. Subby’s suggestion of watering at the edge of the pots is good practice. The moisture wicks into drier areas(so the soil around the tap root gets moisture) and also encourages the tap root to put out smaller feeder roots to find moisture.

The new light should work but the SF LED is probably not the problem. Proper moisture early on in growing is important. Back to my nature thoughts, seedlings are able to thrive under sunlight which is more intense than most LED’s. Subby’s suggestion of watering at the edge of the pots is good practice. The moisture wicks into drier areas(so the soil around the tap root gets moisture) and also encourages the tap root to put out smaller feeder roots to find moisture.
I get that. I started moist and still couldn’t get them to thrive. So I tried a little more dry. Your suggestions about nature make sense. I just am willing to try anything at this point. I was wondering about putting them outside. But wasn’t sure if the solstice has hit yet and if that would bother them or not..

I get that. I started moist and still couldn’t get them to thrive. So I tried a little more dry. Your suggestions about nature make sense. I just am willing to try anything at this point. I was wondering about putting them outside. But wasn’t sure if the solstice has hit yet and if that would bother them or not..
Are you planning on growing them outside? its early yet to put them out I think especially since you have a light. Let them get a little stronger first. Keep that soil moist

what happened to your other seedlings? Any pics ?

Summer solstice is June 20-22(depending on the year). As Subby said though, let them get stronger under your light and if you are growing outside, introduce them to sunlight slowly over a couple of weeks(called hardening off).

Are you planning on growing them outside? its early yet to put them out I think especially since you have a light. Let them get a little stronger first. Keep that soil moist

what happened to your other seedlings? Any pics ?
They’ve all perished. My first run was the best, they grew to about 4 inches and toppled over and died. All the rest germinated but when they popped up they died. Assuming from too much light from the LED. Idk..
I’m struggling!!
I was trying them in groups of 2-4 so I didn’t have all my eggs in one basket. I’ve got 4 left.

Summer solstice is June 20-22(depending on the year). As Subby said though, let them get stronger under your light and if you are growing outside, introduce them to sunlight slowly over a couple of weeks(called hardening off).
No need for all that. I’m growing inside. I just thought of maybe starting the seedlings outside and letting nature do it’s thing until they were strong enough to bring inside and finish on the LED. Because obviously I cannot get seedlings to survive. But I was worried the solstice would mess them up 🤷🏼

Do you guys and gals think the miracle grow soil he is planting his seeds in is to hot? Seems weird that they all have died and seems he has tried to change lighting and soil wetness but the soil could possibly be the issue?
Yes mg be killing some cannabis unless used very sparingly.

Do you guys and gals think the miracle grow soil he is planting his seeds in is to hot? Seems weird that they all have died and seems he has tried to change lighting and soil wetness but the soil could possibly be the issue?
I was wondering that. These last 4 I’ve put 25% miracle grow soil, 75% peat. Hoping that would tone the hotness down and maybe provide a looser substrate for the roots to move around in.

Do they seem to be doing well or did they die?
Just started them last night. Too early to tell..
Also, I work at an outdoor fishing/hunting store and we sell live bait. I get worm dirt from the leftover bulk night crawlers. Would this be a good starter? And what ratio?
IMG_4094.jpeg

Ok everyone. Just a thought. I’ve got 6 plants outside (assuming they are late veg/early flower. And 4 inside late in flower. Considering I suck at seedlings. What about cloning?! I’ll fig out seedlings down the road. Eventually lol. I’m not one to normally take the easy way out but I want to get another group vegging asap. So do I clone the outdoor veggers or the indoor flower-ers and try to get them to revert back to veg. Running to get root gel stuff as we speak. What’s everyone think?

Latest posts

Back