New and having issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A mix of both, I suppose. Don't think it makes any difference at all. I use plastic because it's what we have at home and they're cheap.

Tips for drying....low n slow. Shoot for 60f/60% RH and try to stretch the time out as long as possible. I always shoot for 2 weeks, but am usually jarred (grove bags these days) up in 10. If you find things drying too quickly, a paper grocery sack with the bucked off buds will help even out the moisture remaining in the buds.
One more thing @gmo
Should I trim all leaves before I hang? Or just the big fan leaves. Or no leaves. I’ve heard mixed reviews…

One more thing @gmo
Should I trim all leaves before I hang? Or just the big fan leaves. Or no leaves. I’ve heard mixed reviews…
That's probably going to depend a lot on your micro climate that you create while drying.

For me --- I trim off most of the larger fan leafs. I'm not meticulous with striking them at this point. Depending on how things are drying, I may removed more of the large fan leafs after a week or so as I'm checking moisture and how things are drying. When I'm nearing the end and getting ready to trim I will buck everything off of the stems and in to paper bags. Finally, after paper bags they get trimmed up and Grove bagged.

07/19/2023
Seedlings are growing. Still seem to be stretching. They are def bigger than I’ve gotten any so far. I’ve got them under a cheap Amazon grow bulb and the led on 60%. Having a gnat issue, trying to handle them before it becomes a big problem. Diatomaceous earth hopefully won’t hurt seedlings?!
IMG_4132.jpeg
IMG_4131.jpeg

You could just ignore them as they aint gonna cause any actual issues unless they are plague proportions.
Agreed. I usually get some gnats during the seedling stage because I keep the soil moist until they look strong enough to deal with some wet/dry cycle. Once I start letting the soil dry out a bit, the move on.

07/24/2023
Inching closer to harvest. 10 weeks..
I took @gmo advice and got some grove bags. I ordered 3 and they gave me 4, plus threw on some small ones and some stickers.
Also, the seedlings are doing pretty good. They’re finally growing. Even the one I ripped the head off of while trying to get seed shell off is gaining some leaves. Gnats are getting stuck on the trap and becoming less by the day. Also potted up some cuttings today. Big productive day for me.
(5) Seedlings are Gary Satan from Clearwater genetics. Cuttings were acquired from a friend of a friend, (5) blue star x island sweet skunk and there’s one blue dream thrown in the mix.
I really need to get that Mars Hydro FC-E6500 soon.
What’s everyone think about 11 plants under that light in a 4x4?!?! Doable?? I think I got ahead of myself thinking the seedlings would never survive so I got the cuttings and now I may of bit off more that I can chew… let me know ideas. Thanks
IMG_4162.jpeg
IMG_4161.jpeg
IMG_4164.jpeg
IMG_4165.jpeg

You could just ignore them as they aint gonna cause any actual issues unless they are plague proportions.
I've never grown in dirt inside, but I've lost a few plants in hydro from the gnat larvae eating the roots. I tried the mosquito pucks in the reservoir to no avail. Only thing that got rid of 'em was those Shell no pest strips (the big yellow slabs of plastic). Probably not too healthy to hang around inside the room too long, but three of 'em took care of all the flying critters. No flying critters = no grubs. They were gone long before I flipped to flower.

I did the same thing but I used yellow fly swatters with petroleum jelly. They are attracted to yellow and stick to the petroleum jelly on the fly swatter. Or just get you some yellow plastic and do the same thing. Yellow fly swatters work good because the little holes holds the petroleum. Cut the fat part of the metal handle off and then stick the sharp part into the pot or hang it up over the plant.
Last year I got rid of white flys and wholly aphids in my garden with a yellow hardhat with petroleum jelly smeared all over it and hung it in my garden. That thing was covered in the fkers.

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/itre95-from-clones.81284/post-1223336

Last edited:
Everything is trimmed and pretty well dry. Into the grove bags it goes.
Still have an LA sage (Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium lol) and some runts in the tent. They’re close but not quite there yet. Not sure if the strain names are correct, because again, a stoner gave the clones to me and I think he mixed up the tags lol. Either way not a bad first harvest. A little less than a QP on the Alien Antifreeze. Tastes great but still could use curing in the grove bags, stone is on point. Got a moderate body relaxing stone, but still able to function. Kinda lol
The body effect is def a creeper
Here she blows! Thanks to everyone for all the advice!
Edit: I bet I could have gotten a half lb if I would have vegged longer!!
71271331742__6F41F6EA-6592-438E-B174-4EE26B441A07.jpeg

Gotta love that,congratulations!
Hey thanks man. The cycle wasn’t perfect, but I didn’t expect it to be. Very satisfied with my effort and my final outcome.
By the way I couldn’t find any sunshine mix 4 close, and shipping from online retailers was pretty expensive.
Where do you acquire yours?

Hey thanks man. The cycle wasn’t perfect, but I didn’t expect it to be. Very satisfied with my effort and my final outcome.
By the way I couldn’t find any sunshine mix 4 close, and shipping from online retailers was pretty expensive.
Where do you acquire yours?
I drive a hour each way to pick it up in Butte at a place called harvesttech.

Latest posts

Back