New and having issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first few runs wait until your absolutely positive to harvest...........then wait ten more days at least.
I like them very well done though so maybe you like them a bit not so much.
Kinda gotta learn to read the plants and what you like as you go.
I don’t know how I like them lol.
I was just going to inspect trichomes with the jewelers loupe until they’re milky/amber. Still learning every day. Thanks for any input and advice

I don’t know how I like them lol.
I was just going to inspect trichomes with the jewelers loupe until they’re milky/amber. Still learning every day. Thanks for any input and advice
Trichomes die and are renewed throughout flower looking at the overall plant is a better indicator.
Still have a bunch of turgid white pistils its not done only have a few or none and your close.
When it quits sparkling when I move it around in the light and all the hairs are flaccid its there for me usually.

Trichomes die and are renewed throughout flower looking at the overall plant is a better indicator.
Still have a bunch of turgid white pistils its not done only have a few or none and your close.
When it quits sparkling when I move it around in the light and all the hairs are flaccid its there for me usually.
Excellent. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the input!!

07/04/2023
She’s not doing any better….🤔
The one in front of her is same age, different strain. Looks healthy as a horse.
The alien antifreeze has still got me worried. The dying leaves in that quantity can’t be a good thing. Is it?!?! Stems feel limp or bendy and supple. They don’t feel rigid like I imagine a stem to be..
Buds look good. Leaves don’t..

Attachments

• IMG_4048.jpeg
    IMG_4048.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4045.jpeg
    IMG_4045.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
If I am not mistaken, you are in week 7 of flower. The fade you are seeing is likely the plant using up the nitrogen in the fan leaves to give it to the flowers. That is normal. The Terp Tea looks like it doesn’t have much nitrogen in it(3-7-4 with the 3 being nitrogen). Without a good source of nitrogen, it isn’t going to stop fading but personally, I wouldn’t want it to be ‘greening up’ at 7 weeks. I like colorful buds and that one will be very colorful at harvest.

Strains, even ‘stabilized’ strains, will not always be identical(unless they are clones). It looks to me like you have 2 different phenotypes of the same strain which isn’t a bad thing. You may get a different buzz/aroma/flavor from each plant. I would start checking the trichomes. The fading plant is probably closer to being ready to harvest. It sounds like dogster likes couch lock bud thus his suggestion of 4 weeks to harvest. I lean toward 20-30% amber as an indication of when to harvest so the ‘fader’ may be a week or 2 from being ready(they both may be for that matter).

So in summary, I would not be worried about the fan leaves fading. I would be happy with that amount of fade. As long as the buds aren’t looking like they are dying, I would just continue giving the Terp Tea every other watering and get your hands stretched out and ready to do some trimming of your harvest.

If I am not mistaken, you are in week 7 of flower. The fade you are seeing is likely the plant using up the nitrogen in the fan leaves to give it to the flowers. That is normal. The Terp Tea looks like it doesn’t have much nitrogen in it(3-7-4 with the 3 being nitrogen). Without a good source of nitrogen, it isn’t going to stop fading but personally, I wouldn’t want it to be ‘greening up’ at 7 weeks. I like colorful buds and that one will be very colorful at harvest.

Strains, even ‘stabilized’ strains, will not always be identical(unless they are clones). It looks to me like you have 2 different phenotypes of the same strain which isn’t a bad thing. You may get a different buzz/aroma/flavor from each plant. I would start checking the trichomes. The fading plant is probably closer to being ready to harvest. It sounds like dogster likes couch lock bud thus his suggestion of 4 weeks to harvest. I lean toward 20-30% amber as an indication of when to harvest so the ‘fader’ may be a week or 2 from being ready(they both may be for that matter).

So in summary, I would not be worried about the fan leaves fading. I would be happy with that amount of fade. As long as the buds aren’t looking like they are dying, I would just continue giving the Terp Tea every other watering and get your hands stretched out and ready to do some trimming of your harvest.
Thanks so much for the info. I really do appreciate all the advice. I’ve spent so much time and effort and money on this set up, and would hate to see it fail in the final stages. I’m probably just worrying too much but would rather be safe than sorry. My jewelers loupe arrives Thursday. I’m really going to start eyeballing them. As for what @dogster said, I do agree with him on the subject of the white pistils. But I think I am indeed in agreement with @oldfogey8 about her being closer to finish. Fingers crossed, I’ll keep updating

I’m probably just worrying too much but would rather be safe than sorry.
Worrying is common in new as well as seasoned growers. After a while though, you just let happen what will happen and try to read the plants to give them what they need. For future grows, if you are not making super-soil, I would suggest getting some sort of nutrient line to maximize your plant’s potential. I am actually impressed that you didn’t need to feed them much to this point. Cannabis is notoriously ‘hungry’ and can burn thru the goodies that come in most prepackaged soils pretty quickly.

Worrying is common in new as well as seasoned growers. After a while though, you just let happen what will happen and try to read the plants to give them what they need. For future grows, if you are not making super-soil, I would suggest getting some sort of nutrient line to maximize your plant’s potential. I am actually impressed that you didn’t need to feed them much to this point. Cannabis is notoriously ‘hungry’ and can burn thru the goodies that come in most prepackaged soils pretty quickly.
I just used Roots Organics Lush soil. I did do one application of Lotus Grow very early in the vegetative stage, I’ll have to check my logs to see exactly what week it was… I only did one application because my leaves started to burn after the application and I assumed it wasn’t needed due to the nutrients already in the Lush soil.
Also using recharge every 10 days to keep microbes in my soil. I think next round I’ll stay with the Lush soil due to its ease of use. I will note the problem child plant was giving me issues all through veg. It was constantly droopy. During dark times it would droop and after I turned the lights on it would perk up. Probably an unrelated issue, but worth noting.

Latest posts

Back