Do you need fans on 24 hours per day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running the fan 24 hr will cause the plant to " breathe " more basically exhaling more water. I think that is good as in a soil grow it is more oppertunities to fertilze. Hydronics I don't know.
I used to use a 36" fan in a bedroom growroom long ago. The plants always had strong stems. When you walked in there it was like being on the wide open prairie but it helped keep on a 4 day watering/feeding schedule. That's hard to do wiithout a fan.
For veg. forget all that nonsense. Get rid of the timer and leave lights on 24 hrs. The plants will grow that much better.
Yes the goddess will keep you right. Reaming you out as needed. I have limped back to my corner walking like a cowboy with hemhroids after a long day in the saddle but she knows what.she speaks of and I respect that.you seem like a nice lady though maybe we could do lunch sometime. Do you like Cracker Barrel? Just don't tell my wife.
Ok enough sucking up for now. High Goddess!

As far as light times... I run 18/6 for the first month because the night cycle promotes root and stem growth. The second month I run 24/0 because the roots are established and veg cycle does much better on 24/7. Then obviously 12/12 for flower.

Yes the goddess will keep you right. Reaming you out as needed. I have limped back to my corner walking like a cowboy with hemorrhoids after a long day in the saddle but she knows what.she speaks of and I respect that.you seem like a nice lady though maybe we could do lunch sometime. Do you like Cracker Barrel? Just don't tell my wife.
Ok enough sucking up for now. High Goddess!

*Claps* Well said! :D

I just love you all! Gunsmoke, I love Cracker Barrel....and I doubt that your wife would have much problem you lunching with me. I am after all, an old lady with "kids" in their 40s and grandsons who are 21 and 18.

Thanks! I saw the movie at least a month ago and still walk around daily saying I am Groot! I'm ok with my "issues" :)

Hey goddess!
How about the 11th that is my birthday! My treat! I will no longer be a spring rooster at 56 yrs old married. 36 yrs with kids & grandchild also. Will you be in Indiana around then? Maybe we could go rollerskating or race gokarts afterwords. With all this snow I think the only way out for me would be to fly and I'm too paranoid for that.

Oh darn, I cannot make Indiana on the 11th. But rollerskating (I am better at ice skating) or go cart racing sounds fun.

Fans 24/7 because you have to

But for lights that is grower specific.

Lights 18/6 provide the "Calvin cycle" which gives maximum growth, natural height, and spacing on the plant

Lights 24/0 stunts growth because the plant doesn't have the requisite sugars to create more cellulose in the stalk. (Most home growers prefer this)

Some people believe that by stunting growth you come out with a lower and bushier plant that receives more light and flowers more. Others believe that stunting growth causes the leaves to be too close together and that a natural height gives the spacing required for maximum light.

I know this was about fans but when it comes to cycles usually people talk about lights

Latest posts

Back