Do your plants (= yourself) a favor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

White WidowMaker

Buy a spray-bottle and practice a(n at least) twice daily spray both sides of leaves. Your plant will thank you for it, and you will thank your plant for the way it thanks you!

...and it's pretty cool that leaves are nearly see-through, so you can see the droplets on the bottom of the leaf still hanging after the top sides have dried out.

It keeps your plants clean and allows them to soak some moisture necessary for growing more quickly than through the roots (i.e. complements), and I wonder if it is advisable / ok to spray while in flowering stage? I am hopeful that if left to dry before the next dark schedule that mold won't be a problem, and would help to maintain clean buds that grow quicker and bigger because of the direct water absorption.

Not really practical and plants have to dry out away from lights after spraying although the plants do prefer a more humid environment than we give them so better to use an ultrasonic mister methinks than farting about with a spray gun and no you should'nt spray in flowering unless you are addressing a specific problem.ie,spraying SB Plant Invigorator on buds with spidermite as thats about the only spray I know of than is benign enough to use in flowering.

So no,I don't really think spraying water is a good idea to impart moisture to the plant or its environment.

Yeah it works great. We just spray a little though. Still givin it water to the roots too.

im almost positive spraying the bottom of your leaves
is not foliar feeding at all. In fact I think it doesnt do anything..
could be wrong. peace :ciao:

The only time I use my spray bottle is on clones till the roots develop.
After that I don't use it unless I spray for bugs and hopefully I don't have to use it at all.

Spraying your plant during flowering only promotes bud rot.

The only time I spray with water is on any seedlings or clones that have been in a humidity dome and are adjusting to fresh air. Some suggest opening the dome just a little to let the plants adapt. I like to take the top off and spray for a day or two so the humidity change is gradual. Spray with water that's the same temp as plants. After that, I don't spray. -Also, if you leave water on leaves (especially outdoors at high noon) water droplets can magnify the sun and burn spots on the leaves. If you really want to spray, only do it with a very fine mist early in the morning ("morning dew") and let it evaporate as the environment heats up. I don't think it's necessary. Try not to leave water droplets on leaves over night if you can help it... it can cause "rusty" spots. Good luck :)

come on moderator. there was no harm in BuddyLuv's post, it was all in fun. i hope it wasnt removed b/c of political correctness.

and to the refrence of "retarded" or "helmet" i dont take offense and im disabled.

i was looking forward to a good laugh to get my day started this morning and to my surprise its not there. oh well, i guess i have to rely on my fading memory. not as funny that way.

im a noob so if any of my post deserve it PLEASE roast me. ive got a good sense of humor so no offense will be taken.

sorry for all who missed out on the "post of the month". between BuddyLuv vs WWM.

SSH

WWM, ive got no beef with you just like a good laugh. hell i could be in your shoes. to avoid being the butt of a joke dont post info if you are not 100% sure of your advice. if your not completely sure then start your post of...i think that...etc...and then end it by requesting that if you are wrong then ask more expierenced member to chime in.

if you are not good at getting your point across then try and do your post in Word then copy n paste it here. you will be able to check to see if it gets your point across. if you are just trying to get a rise out of other members then embrace the Roast and sit back and have a good lauge cause honestly it took me 15-20 min to quit laughing and move on.

again, good s**t BuddyLuv.

SSH

Super Silver Haze said:
WWM, ive got no beef with you just like a good laugh. hell i could be in your shoes. to avoid being the butt of a joke dont post info if you are not 100% sure of your advice. if your not completely sure then start your post of...i think that...etc...and then end it by requesting that if you are wrong then ask more expierenced member to chime in.

if you are not good at getting your point across then try and do your post in Word then copy n paste it here. you will be able to check to see if it gets your point across. if you are just trying to get a rise out of other members then embrace the Roast and sit back and have a good lauge cause honestly it took me 15-20 min to quit laughing and move on.

again, good s**t BuddyLuv.

SSH

1.) I am sorry I missed BuddyLuv's mean-spirited remark (as always). This says something about his character and how he is as a person - there are those who like to help, and there are those who like to hurt others. It is clear who is BL. But he is the one who has to look at himself in the mirror each day...

2.) I am happy a moderator removed what must have been offensive.

3.) I am certain of my advice - others do not have to accept it, but why bash it? If you disagree, then disagree respectfully as the majority of others have here. I live in one of the hottest places, and I even spray daily at high noon and there are no burn spots whatsoever. My girl is dark green and lovely after 3 weeks of daily spraying and hot, hot sunshine.

4.) RE: bud rot - how does one explain bud that grows in hot, wet places (during growing season) like Indonesia, India (Monsoons...)?

I get banned for a week by Hick (edit: I learned it was someone else - I just assumed it was Hick because he seems to be the verbal/public enforcer) for REACTING to insulting comments (did MaineHarvest get banned for saying "crap" comes out of my mouth??), but do BL and MH and any others get banned for instigating by insulting with mean-spirited comments (i.e. bashing)??

WWM IMO you have been lucky. water droplets cuase a prism that mag the light and burn that spot. I have seen the sun come out after a morning rain storm and burn my plant when the temp was in the 90's. that is why I try to go shake off excess water from my plants when it rains. But if it works for you in you conditions go gor it.:peace:

ozzydiodude said:
WWM IMO you have been lucky. water droplets cuase a prism that mag the light and burn that spot. I have seen the sun come out after a morning rain storm and burn my plant when the temp was in the 90's. that is why I try to go shake off excess water from my plants when it rains. But if it works for you in you conditions go gor it.:peace:

If this is the case in your experience, then one can mist at night (replicating natural dew), or in late afternoon sunshine or early evening. However, the results from misting and direct moisture absorption are amazing. A one inch plant 3 weeks ago (see pictures) has turned into a 15 inch monster.

That sound like average growth in well mantained plants to me. Do you have a plant that is the same age to compare to, that has not been sprayed? Do a grow compairing the two different way(spray verus unsprayed) this will prove if spraying works.
In most places on the earth the dew does not fall every night. Rain washes the plants off keeping them health and happy.:peace:

ozzydiodude said:
That sound like average growth in well mantained plants to me. Do you have a plant that is the same age to compare to, that has not been sprayed? Do a grow compairing the two different way(spray verus unsprayed) this will prove if spraying works.
In most places on the earth the dew does not fall every night. Rain washes the plants off keeping them health and happy.:peace:

sorry, I didn't mention: I topped it about 1 week ago (stopping the vertical growth). It is 15 inches tall as well as 15 inches wide.

I am not trying to bash you I trying to get you to understand. The leaf is where your plant respirates. In order to carry out photosyntheseis properly the plant must be allowed to breathe. This is where all the magic takes place, your plants take energy from the sun, nutes, and absorbs CO2 through the leaves and converts into simple sugars that it uses as food. So by drowning the leaves in water you are actually hindering its ability to absorb CO2 effectively. Is any of this sinking in yet. Yes there are some benefits to occasional foliar feeding with nutrient solutions, however too much of something can do the exact opposite.

WWM alot of us have to bite our tongue. at your post the way you say things, brings out a smartass answer at first thought. Sometimes it seam like you are two different people, one that know a thing or two the other one you just want to pound in the ground.

BuddyLuv said:
I am not trying to bash you I trying to get you to understand. The leaf is where your plant respirates. In order to carry out photosyntheseis properly the plant must be allowed to breathe. This is where all the magic takes place, your plants take energy from the sun, nutes, and absorbs CO2 through the leaves and converts into simple sugars that it uses as food. So by drowning the leaves in water you are actually hindering its ability to absorb CO2 effectively. Is any of this sinking in yet. Yes there are some benefits to occasional foliar feeding with nutrient solutions, however too much of something can do the exact opposite.

This was a respectful reply until you ask if anything is sinking in yet.

I disagree that misting that takes all of 5 minutes to dry is damaging or inhibiting to the plant. It absorbs the tiny bits of water here and there that it needs, other droplets drip off, others evaporate, and in 5 minutes you have a clean plant, free of dust, bugs, etc. No harm done.

thedonofchronic said:
why would spraying your plant with H20 remove bugs? lol..

Because those little bugs that take shelter from the hot sun underneath the leaves are removed with the spraying.

Latest posts

Back