does anyone live alone? And grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anberlinaddict

Reaction score
Just curious, because i might have to live alone for the first time in my life and im honestly terrified. Ive always had a roomate or girlfriend.. but this time i might have ot get my own place, and i KNOW it sounds super gay, but im ******* terrified I hate being alone.. its so depressing and boring.

Anyone else live alone?

get a little cat or dog. I lived alone when I was younger. me a big house and 2 dogs. I always feel safe with them. You will get used to being alone and may find you even like it. I would say rent a room to someone if you are really upset but no way if you grow..get a cat. good luck!

i live alone and i love it. my mossberg shotgun keeps me safe. i think i like being alone because i recently got divorced and my ex-wife had 2 kids that were not mine. when they left it felt like the world was lifted off of my shoulders.

I used to be a bachalor back in my twenty's.... I didnt like being alone much at first but it became very humbling and I realized that I really liked to be alone alot, ait gave me alot of time for me and that was the bes growing experience of my life ! A dog is aways a great buddy tho :)

jus because you live alone doesnt mean you cant have friends over a lot. sometimes people hang out even more once they have their own place to chill.

I remember the first place I had. I was 18. I had a basement apartment (studio type-kinda small) with fireplace, patio and a swimming pool 40 feet away.
I worked for the manager-lol
I could drink all I wanted, manager did'nt care as long as I worked.
Just invite a friend or two over.
Get a cat-I got one-well 2 now-lol
Just watch who you let in.

Gb

Okay first thing you do is put the bong down and take a deep breath, everything is going to be alright, you prob havent tripped liked this since high school, btw what are we smokin tonight...lol. You'll be fine with a little mj, a little playpretty( level a shotgun at someone breaking into your house and say now play pretty and see if they don't offer to vacuum the floor.), and a little 4 legged friend to keep you company when the idiot box is showing reruns, not to mention its a great way to meet new people on walks with your dog if you get one. Good luck and were here fer ya!

stick to a nice dog....guns bad...doggy good....

(I know, I know..sometimes one has to grab some steel, but not unless it is warranted...and it sounds like you just need a lil' friend...not a piece:)

The Chef made an extremely solid call: a dog is a great way to meet nice folks!!

Seriously, after you live by yourself for a little while, the light WILL come on. You will find yourself wondering WHY OH WHY you put up with the roommate scene for as long as you did. Then you will meet someone special and be terrified of living with them (just as you are of living by yourself now);)

The human mind is just plain crazy. Life's a beach bro.

What is with everyone's obsession with violence and guns in order to feel safe. I feel sorry for all of you that live somewhere where that attitude seems to be the norm. If I were in a place such as that I would simply leave, you can literally live just about anywhere you want and there are plenty of places where you don't need shotguns and pitbulls to feel safe. Leave all that **** behind and find your bliss, shotguns are for bird hunting and pitbulls for company and companionship, and if the need arises protection, but its sad that this is the first thing that is recommended to someone who is afraid. Perhaps they are just afraid of the four empty walls that surround them and not any physical threat.

As far as living on your own goes, it is what you make it but I understand your desire for company, its a pretty normal human emotion. If you are lucky enough and willing to compromise a little one day maybe you will find someone who you can share your life with and your passions. I was lucky enough to find such a person and my life is better everyday because of it, being alone sucks but it is bearable with good friends and something to focus your energy on. Pour yourself into your hobbies, education, volunteering, anything that gives you a sense of worth or accomplishment and the rest will just kinda happen.

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.

tater: i wasnt suggesting that he purchase a gun to be safe. I do not live in fear, but I choose to execute my right as a US citizen by owning guns. you never know what crazy lunatic is out there.

Hey tater its none of that............I'm from Texas.

Oh what I wouldn't do to trade places with you right now!

And another thing...I would think living alone would be the most ideal and safe situation for any grower.

id love to live alone.
love my wife, but i find that i love those times where she runs off to the mall, or her moms place for the day.....
feels like being a bachelor again. aghhhh the glory days..... but thats gone.... now i have responsibilities.........
plenty would trade with ya, i think you might find that you like it, its peaceful.

I would defenitely reccomend getting a dog, not only for companionship but they really calm you down when you start to get paranoid about those strange sounds. A dog will let you know when you should be freaking out, they will also give you a warning when somebody is coming near your house which, if nothing else, will give you a little piece of mind and that, my friend, is priceless.

I have a dog, named elvis. I just turned 24 btw.. I lived with my EX for 2 years, and have had roomates on and off since I was 18...

But I dont know, even now.. when my roomates leave for a week or so, I find myself staring at the walls at night just scared for no reason, wondering if life will work out and if i'll ever be able to get "by" on my own.. bills everything ect.

The thing that sucks is, im living in a city where I dont know alot of people yet. and im in just a depressed part of my life, and ****... so all of my friends/family are somewhere else... ugh.. i duno the thought of coming home to an empty apartment and being alone all the time scares me.. im not sure why but it really does. Makes me want to do the roomate thing again...instead but I HATE living with people I dont know. I mean it ******* sucks. So ya... i duno..

on another note. my strawberry cough are about to go into flowering on tuesday! lol so before i do move out atleast ill have some god damn good weed for a long time! lol

I'm alone again and I really don't mind at all. It's taken me many years to learn that it's so much better to be happily alone than to be unhappy in a relationship. Finding you inner peace and sanity sometimes needs to be done alone IME... With lots of herbal therapy! ;)

Peace!:cool:

surreptitious said:
tater: i wasnt suggesting that he purchase a gun to be safe. I do not live in fear, but I choose to execute my right as a US citizen by owning guns. you never know what crazy lunatic is out there.

:yeahthat:. Do you have the short 18.5 inch barrel or the long one? :)

post11.jpg

It's taken me many years to learn that it's so much better to be happily alone than to be unhappy in a relationship.
Here here!!! I'll drink to that!!!! you said a mouthfull DOS...

stick to a nice dog....guns bad...doggy good....

(I know, I know..sometimes one has to grab some steel, but not unless it is warranted...and it sounds like you just need a lil' friend...not a piece

The Chef made an extremely solid call: a dog is a great way to meet nice folks!!
While I disagree with the statement "guns are bad"... I totally agree with the "doggy good" portion ;) a nuzzle from the muzzle of my o'lab, warms my heart "no matter" how depressed or unhappy I might be at the moment..

To the OP; in answer to your question, I live alone and I'm starting my second grow after raising 1 healthy plant, for personal use.

I think it's normal to feel a bit lonely at first. Without trying to write a novel here, my background is my 2 kids are grown and I've been divorced for about 10 years. I 've lived with a couple of gals since my divorce, in several different apartments and houses.

I agree with the other posters here, it's a great idea to have a pet. A dog is a great companion. In my case, I've had dogs when raising the family, but my work schedule is not very consistent, so I did the kitten thing. Yikes, lol, that does sound gay, (hmmmm, no offense intended to any gay person on this site).

Anyway, I've found that cats can pretty much take care of themselves if you find you're gone overnight, etc... Plus if you get a kitten you can train them a bit also. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back