Does switching lights matter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Earl

Learning Mode
Reaction score
As the title states...Does it matter if I switch lights? Right now I'm running 10 CFLs 8 blue spectrum and 2 orange/red(the soft one...lol). Once my tent is free can I just put them in there with my 600 watt hps or should I outfit my tent with CFLs and keep them as is(possibly adding more CFLs). The new ones are pretty close to going from seedling to veggie stage. I've been running 24/0 and would like to continue that schedule.

I also been toying with the idea of getting a MH bulb and using it.

What do you think fam?

I always start my babies under cfls, then once they have a couple decent leaves i put them under the 600w hps. Start with the light a little higher than usual and lower it daily until its at the right hight.

If thats a switchable ballast than I would run that..But if ya want to continue to Veg then I would stay with what ya have untill ya flip Them..just my thaughts

take care and be safe

And remember that the HD lights piut off more heat than cfl

Thanks fam

I got you 4u2sm0ke....fighting a major heat problem right now...ugh!

Actually, lumen for lumen, CFLs run hotter than HPS. However, people very seldom have 90,000 lumens in CFLs so it seems that the HPS runs hotter. If you are having a hard time with heat with 10 CFLs, I anticipate that the heat from the 600W will be way too much. What kind of ventilation set up do you have for your tent and how large is it?

THG...my heat problem is with my 600hps in my tent with the girls flowering. I have no ventilation set up. Just a few flaps open and the duct holes open. And 2 small oscilating fans.

My CFLs and new sprouts are in a separate area. Just wanting to move them all into the tent once I get done with my flowering process.

Latest posts

Back