Drug Tests; Need to Protect Lucrative Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ultimately, though, it boils down to risk/reward. is the risk of getting caught side-stepping the test worth the reward of smoking bud? and you said you already took a test, so you should know the procedure, like if they make you empty your pockets, use dye, or keep you from running water. if they don't, then i think my suggestion is very low risk (forgetting your wallet) and high reward. you could also just smoke every other friday night and work out over the weekend, or every 3rd or 4th week depending on your body fat and metabolism. that's higher risk though. if you've got kids, though, and the dehydrated urine thing wouldn't work (i really think it's air-tight if they don't dye/turn off faucet) you should just quit. good jobs are hard to come by these days.

Or possibly step back reconsider such heretofore unpracticed concepts such honesty and pesonal integrity. The only thing worse than being a lieing cheat is being the kind of person who wholeheartedly and enthusiasticly encourages and advises such actions.

i'd rather cheat an unjust test and enjoy my free time as i enjoy than bend my will to match that of another. i think that by doing this i'm being truer to myself than by stepping in line w/ drug war sensationalism.

also, i think if an employer uses draconian measures to effectively spy on you and punish you for something you do on your free time, then they deserve to have their insurance rates go up. i'm all for blood tests at work; it's within an employer's rights to expect you to be sober while on the clock, but they should have no say over what you do when they're not paying you.

The fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with being "true to yourself" or being spied on or unjust tests or any of your other selfserving excuses. When you make an agreement you have an obligation to carry through. If you believe a employer has no business being concerned with what you do on your own time DON'T WORK THERE. When you set out to lie and defruad the employer your WRONG. No intellegent, honest person can defend crass deception for personal gain.
Is there a cut off or an acceptable limit to your lieing? Is it readily visible to others or is it fluid depending on whats in it for you? If you're the one being lied to is it still acceptable ? If you believe situational dishonesty is perfectly fine what does that say about your integrity, or obvious lack thereof?
When someone accepts a job with the condition of non drug use they have a choice, accept the job and quit smoking, or continue smoking and find employment elsewhere. But nomatter what you may think, or how warped your sence of rationalization, lieing to your employer or cheating on a drug test is WRONG. And no matter how much "dehydrated urine" you carry around with you or how many tricks you think will get you over, charma will win out, and you will be caught. The old saying still holds true "Honesty is its own reward".

Heres two products that do work, I am in the same line as you, long haul. I smoke when I'm home and if I'm laid over somewhere. Or like now taking some extended time off after 27yrs. Anyway Absolute De-Tox by Spectrum Labs Ph # is 877-876-4938, this works if you know 24hrs ahead of time. For surprizes, I use Quick Fix also by Spectrum, this is a dehidrated synthetic urine that comes in a small pre-mixed pac that you snap the capsule inside, it self heats and mixes 2ozs of clean clean clean, urine. they also have a web site.But I havent been on this site enough to post thier url. Sorry I tryed. I've used this at least a dozen times, the De-Tox I use if I know about it the day before, like when changing jobs. Corse I havent done that for 7yrs, but I've lent out bottles to friends who where going to apply. Good Luck, keep on Smokin.:aok:

you don't think it's wrong for an employer to demand this in the first place? it's also inaffective--firing someone for smoking bud at home doesn't increase workplace safety. should an employer be able to have you sign, as a condition of employment, that you won't visit bars, or have oral sex, or scratch your balls? or for them to require you to put cameras in your house so they can check on you, because that is what pee tests boil down to. is it really wrong to lie about something they have no business knowing or controlling? i think this goes under the category of worker's rights vs. employer's rights. in this instance, i think the evil of my dishonesty is outweighed by the evil of the pee test, and made good by it.

well, I wanted to share my drug test experience today......after work all the workers went to a work meeting....(they have them about once a month)...five minutes into the meeting, a coworker and I, both marijuana smokers...were asked to go take a drug test...piss test...:) The tester, she was cool and out of the blue she said if you drink a lot of water you will pass the test....i've been tested by this person before and the last thing she wants is for people to fail the test....because she was in a hurry i had to start drinking fluids...I couldn't drink no more...I pissed 5 or 6 drops...which was all I could come up with....I passed the test....and after words got sick and threw up how ever many bottles of fluid I drank....It dawned on me that a person who can't piss , is pretty much asked to drink lots of liquids so he can try and piss again, and then gets sick.....anyways while i was throwing up...another worker asked if i was ok and I said I got sick because i drank to much so I could piss. He said just be glad you passed the test thats the main thing....He's right about that...but in a sense....i kind of went through an uncomfortable time, there for awhile whether I had thc in my system or not....throwing up into a toilet because I was full of liquids..because they were supose to help me pee....I threw up 5 or 6 times.
I was talking to this guy who got tested with me about some og kush I can get here shortly...and he was telling me they will probly test people at the mtg....then he told me how to pass the test...he passed also...you dip the cup in the toilet wetting the inside...then pee into it...worked for us...oh the reason i couldn't pee was because i used the restroom right before the meeting. I'm definately going to turn my coworker on to some og...he's also a grower..but I've never partied with him...but weve had a lot of discussions about growing and things...

It has nothing to do with employee vs. employer rights. If you knowingly and voluntarily enter into an agreement wherein you promiss to abstain from a particular activity you have an ethical obligation to be true to YOUR WORD..
You say the "evil of your dishonesty is outweighed by the dishonesty of the pee test", not so, When accepting employment with this employer he was upfront about the terms of employment. If the conditions of employment are unacceptable, regardless of the conditions, don't accept the job. Accepting the job when you have no intent to live up to the terms of the agreement shows a dicided lack of of integrity on your part. As you yourself said " the evil of your dishonesty", not the company's dishonesty. The company told you upfront of the expectations and tests to ensure compliance There's nothing dishonest in the employers actions. If a person can't, knowingly, carry out the terms of the contract then the person should not agree to.
And in case you didn't know it, drug testing of DOT drivers is mandated by the federal government not the employer.
At the end of the day it has nothing to do with anyones rights, or the efficasy of drug tests, it's simply about the value of a persons WORD.
Obviously you and I will never agree on matters of honesty and integrity, so I'll just say best of luck to you and yours.

Hey,,since its just you and the dog,,its all on you,,and the dog.:D

CowboyBudsky said:
Hey,,since its just you and the dog,,its all on you,,and the dog.:D

Maybe he can get the dog to take the test for him.:rolleyes:

I used to be one of very few women who worked at a large company. They would bring in new hires that would have to travel to get to the work site. They knew as soon as they got there they would be drug tested. The "safety" officers heard that a bunch of these guys were having girlfriends and wives that didn't smoke pee for them. So they started telling these guys as they were waiting that besides drugs they would also test for estrogen and female hormones.

Then if they weren't freaked out enough as it is they would put them all in a room and say "good news, everyone that's here passed the test. bad news, three of you are pregnant".

cubby said:
Maybe he can get the dog to take the test for him.:rolleyes:

My dog wouldnt pass,,thats for sure. He is a pot eater, and sometimes he gets close to me while I smoke and somehow smoke gets blowed in his face.:D He loves it.

You make many very good points, how about this one? when I started driving there where no pee tests and when they started I did as many suggest I quit for many years.Then came down with prostate cancer and had an implant done to combat this, the implant caused me to vomit for about 3hrs every morning. doing med. mj would cure this, BUT I would have to surrender my cdl. I decided that I would just do it on my own, ( get the mj ), I worked, continuing to turn my 2800-3300 miles a week for 18mos as I fought my cancer. Aside from dairy farming in my youth and the military all I have ever done is drive, now my cancer has returned and again I face the same choices, I'm alittle more prepared this time and am taking some time off to wiegh the options. Ever had to throw up for hours on end, its no fun!!!! Without the mj my wieght loss, damage to my thoat, loss of endurence would have had me in the wellfare line in less then 6mos. Like you I place ALOT of value on a mans word, my own most of all. I'm too old to try a occupation change, a temp disability wont even pay my rent, not everything is bl@wh. Take care and keep your beleifs on a mans word, not enough people have them.

gary18 said:
You make many very good points, how about this one? when I started driving there where no pee tests and when they started I did as many suggest I quit for many years.Then came down with prostate cancer and had an implant done to combat this, the implant caused me to vomit for about 3hrs every morning. doing med. mj would cure this, BUT I would have to surrender my cdl. I decided that I would just do it on my own, ( get the mj ), I worked, continuing to turn my 2800-3300 miles a week for 18mos as I fought my cancer. Aside from dairy farming in my youth and the military all I have ever done is drive, now my cancer has returned and again I face the same choices, I'm alittle more prepared this time and am taking some time off to wiegh the options. Ever had to throw up for hours on end, its no fun!!!! Without the mj my wieght loss, damage to my thoat, loss of endurence would have had me in the wellfare line in less then 6mos. Like you I place ALOT of value on a mans word, my own most of all. I'm too old to try a occupation change, a temp disability wont even pay my rent, not everything is bl@wh. Take care and keep your beleifs on a mans word, not enough people have them.

You have my deepest sympathies on your cancer. That horrible illness runs in my family like blue eyes.
There is a world of difference between someone using a substance for medical reasons and someone doing it recreationaly. It should, IMO, be treated the same as prescription meds (wich obviously are not permitted for recreational use either). If there is a legitamate need then by all means do what you need to to live your life at the best quality possible.
My statements where intended solely to address the subject of people who accept a position that places restrictions on personal off work activities that are engaged in for reasons of recreation.
As a proffesional driver I'm sure you are aware that if you get a DWI in your personal vehicle you can't claim it has nothing to do with the job your paid for.( I'm not suggesting you would ,just an example). Unfourtunately some folks believe they can or should be able to do whatever they want ,free of responsibilities or reprecussions.
Again I meant no offence to anyone in a difficult situation dealing with their health, and I appologise if thats the way it came off.:eek:
Take care.

that's something that would affect job performance though, like a professional athlete having a no-motorcycle clause in his contract. but off the job marijuana use has little effect on any job performance, and certainly far less than recreationaly legal alcohol, which causes hangovers. if you wanna make sure workers are sober at work, pony up and pay for the blood test. i think employers requiring employees to sign a contract saying they will not use marijuana is morally equivalent to forcing employees to swear they are not gay. it's misguided, and it's prejudicial. so i think trying to sabotage them is a good thing.

Your logic is misguided. No employer forces a perspective employee to sign a contract. You do so with the understanding that you will refrain from certain behaviors. How much simpler can it be, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ABIDE BY THE CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT, WALK AWAY!!!! Additionaly, eqating marijuana use with being gay is totaly riddiculous, one's a choice, one's a genetic assignment. (do you know wich is wich?). A person can have principles and still enjoy recreational use of eneabrients of thier choice, just don't take a job that requires you to violate your personal constitution.
Your view is centered completely on selfish, personal concerns.
Where as your only concerns are ME,ME,ME, you don't understand what I'm talking about, maybe you will when you grow up (FYI being grown up has nothing to do with age).;)
take care,bye

Man,,I come back and everybody has done went and got way to'''ughhhh'',,,,not high enough.;)

Everyone just needs to smoke a bowl and chill,,,but not you,,and ya know who Im talking about.:D

so does the decision of the employer to use cheap piss tests that check what you did a week ago instead of expensive, accurate blood tests that aren't gross violators privacy. they dont wanna spend the extra $. they should be illegal. i understand smoking bud isn't the same thing as being gay, but we are both victims of cultural discrimination. employers shouldn't be allowed, legally, to fire you for either. getting a dwi on your own time IS work-related for a trucker, just getting drunk on your own time isn't. getting high on your own time isn't, either.

sorry cowboy, i have a job i really, really love. i never smoke at or before work, they dont randomly test but they do if they have any suspicion. i think weed's a very good thing, i use medicinally and recreationally, as my condition doesn't allow me to drink. no sob stories i'd still smoke if i was completely healthy.

cubby said:
To use the excuse that everyone dose it dose'nt cut it. YOU agreed not to use, what other people do has nothing to do with it. You expect your employer to pay you on time,the full amount, and without complaint. A contract is your WORD. If you can't keep your word then your word is worth nothing, and a man is only worth his word.

My relationship with my employer, my honor and my word are my business. I am an honest person, and I am a responsible marijuana user. I would appreciate you not jumping to conclusions about my personality based off of short snipets from the internet. Frankly, I would rather you had just kept your opinons to yourself. While I understand the risk I put myself in with my job, my question wasn't about wether or not anyone agreed with my lifestyle.

It's not an excuse; I'm pointing out the odd position you are in with being on a forum that explicitly condones and even encourages the use and manufacture of an illegal substance, and more to the point, posting on a thread about beating drug tests, for any reason; there are drug testing questions involving employment, millitary and sport drug clearance. I find it difficult to understand why my question offends you so much, while other questions about using an illegal substance (and how to get away with it) don't seem to, as far as I can tell after scrolling through a few other threads.

I'm not trying to be a **** or single you out for argument. I'm suprised at your overhwelmingly negative response.

Latest posts

Back