Drug Tests; Need to Protect Lucrative Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DontPoutDrinkAStout said:
My relationship with my employer, my honor and my word are my business. I am an honest person, and I am a responsible marijuana user. I would appreciate you not jumping to conclusions about my personality based off of short snipets from the internet. Frankly, I would rather you had just kept your opinons to yourself. While I understand the risk I put myself in with my job, my question wasn't about wether or not anyone agreed with my lifestyle.

It's not an excuse; I'm pointing out the odd position you are in with being on a forum that explicitly condones and even encourages the use and manufacture of an illegal substance, and more to the point, posting on a thread about beating drug tests, for any reason; there are drug testing questions involving employment, millitary and sport drug clearance. I find it difficult to understand why my question offends you so much, while other questions about using an illegal substance (and how to get away with it) don't seem to, as far as I can tell after scrolling through a few other threads.

I'm not trying to be a **** or single you out for argument. I'm suprised at your overhwelmingly negative response.

As far as your honor and your word being your busines, they are, untill you put them out in a open forum for critique. Additionaly the legal status of a particular substance has nothing to do with keeping your word. You made an agreement with your employer not to use, that's where your word comes into play. A promise, regardless of what it is, should be followed through. If you had no intention of honoring your word you should not have given it.
As far as the manufacture and use of an illegal substance, It's apples and oranges. I don't think anyone on this forum supports the present legal status of marijuana. Therefore they, we, I, never gave anyone our word that we would abstain, you did! If you can't work for this company without lieing to them then you should work elsewhere.
This is essencialy not about drug tests but more about keeping your WORD.
I'm an employer and there's very few things more disrespectful than having someone your paying lie to you. An honest days pay for an honest days work, the significant word being "HONEST". It's your face in the mirror.

My face in the mirror is all smiles, without any shame about doing what I do on my time. On the clock, different story. But once I'm punched out, I'm a grown man capable of making responsible decisions.

We obviously don't see eye to eye on obeying the rule of an employer versus obeying the rules of our country, so I think it would be best if were agree to disagree.

I just have to say that I really like the way you answered this. Stated your opinion without getting into a unrinating (I rephrased for you Hick) match.

Thanks for taking the high road. Sometimes it is hard in the forum. Keep us posted on if there is a test. And what you did to study.

ps...Mods...is using pi$$ing bad etiquette? In above text seemed appropriate.

I will say this. If a man is smoking after work or on his days off,,that should be his business,,not his freaken bosses. I have owned mine own Business for 18yrs and I would never get into my guys business of what they are doing on thier own time. Not my concern as long as they show up clear headed for work.
I suppose your boss should be able to tell ya not to drink beer when your off work,,thats bullshit.
Now,,I dont agree with Smoking and taking a chance on loosing your only sourse of income and putting you and your family at risk of loosing everything and getting kicked out in the street. That I dont agree with.

Can I just say for a matter of record that I am completely sober at my job and never even so much as drive my personal vehicle under any substances. I make a commitment to responsible recreation, and hope everyone does the same.

I used to be in the army. They wake you at 3:Am ROLL CALL! you knew it was a drug test. 1 hour to get to the formation. We had just smoked the day before. We had a beer machine in the dorm hallway.. pissed.. drank 2 beers.. pissed again. Oh Wait? You can't drink ok.. substitute water but don't over do it. Thats for immediate emergency policy. If you have 2 or 3 days quit smoking night before take an aspirin a vitimin to turn pee yellow and drink 2 or 3 glasses of lemonade or whatever.. Go to bed . When you first wake up pee .. Drink a bunch of water and pee a 2nd time. Take a multivitamin if you want. Might help with all that water flushing around in your system. You don't want to get depleted of your B1 and stuff.

I'd like to just add something pardon me.

I'd rather have a pilot flying our plane crashing toward the ground who had smoked a few tokes than someone who had 2 beers. As long as it wasn't his first time for either. Then I'd prefer James Bond or Paris Hilton. Depending on who was driving the plane.

Paris Yells out, "This isn't like my stick shift ! Where's the clutch? OOps my heel BROKE! :(! "

cubby said:
Having owned an over the road transport co. for 20+ years I can say this ,Quit smoking or look for another job! You're gonna' get caught, point,blank,period!You put not just your job at
risk but also your employers insurance rate, DOT certification, and interstate commerce standing. When you were hired it was with the agreement that you would not use any banned substances. Be a man of your word, quit smoking or quit driving!
NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!

I have to support you 100% though it goes against my grain. I disagree with transportation highway standards but your right you will slip up one day. Thats why I got out of the army. I knew one day I would be caught if I stayed in. Was I an addict? I required my MARIJUANA! No. I didn't like my life structured by someone else.

cubby said:
Having owned an over the road transport co. for 20+ years I can say this ,Quit smoking or look for another job! You're gonna' get caught, point,blank,period!You put not just your job at
risk but also your employers insurance rate, DOT certification, and interstate commerce standing. When you were hired it was with the agreement that you would not use any banned substances. Be a man of your word, quit smoking or quit driving!

NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!

I have to support you 100% though it goes against my grain. I disagree with transportation highway standards but your right you will slip up one day. Thats why I got out of the army. I knew one day I would be caught if I stayed in. Was I an addict? I required my MARIJUANA! No. I didn't like my life structured by someone else.

Do people performing high wire acts smoke pot? Do they drink alcohol? Do they drink caffeine? Are they all mormons?

Whats this got to do with driving? I drink and smoke? I would love to be a trucker and live on the road .. believe me I have studied it. I had to choose not to because.. I knew I would smoke and wanted to grow this wonderful plant.

So I envy you my Friend. Don't smoke while driving you said so and never have it in the truck.

Wait a sec .. thats a nice motel over there.

Latest posts

Back