Drug Tests; Need to Protect Lucrative Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DontPoutDrinkAStout

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a cherry gig at a large shipping company, DOT driver. Random drug testing is policy, but I've been there for a long time and only had my initial test, which I figure means I'm long overdue.

I'm a heavy smoker, 4-5 times a day, every day (never before work, tho! Safety first!). Any suggestions/tips on overcoming any random tests I may experience? Thanks a lot!

stop smoking mj long before the test. jmo

i was put on probation not long ago, untill then i was a heavy smoker. 3 or 4 a day easily for years. i tried several detox drinks and pills but it still took over 2 months before i could pass one. time is the only sure way to pass.

Well, I'm lookin for some product that I can use to beat a test and still smoke. I heard Urine Luck worked well, but their labs were raided.

There are no Magic Drinks or Pills. Lots a water and hope for the best. The only sure fire way is do like I did when I needed my job to feed my family,,,dont smoke. Jobs are reallly hard to come by Bro. I know yur pain man,, but it aint worth loosing yur only source of feeding yourself. Stop smoking untill ya take the test at least.

i have friends who have used the 5 day total system flush and they all say it works, but as soon as you smoke again you gotta do another 5 day flush. but like i said in the first post time is the only sure thing

There are no magic tricks. MJ unlike other drugs which are out of your system in a day or two stays in your system for up to months if you are a heavy smoker. The reason is that the body stores MJ traces in the fat cells, which show up in your urine for a long period of time as your body overturns it's fat reserves. The only way to surely remove pot from your system faster is to increase your metabolism. All drinks and pills do is dilute your urine which will be noticed by the tester and they will make you take a new test (happened to me but fortunately the new test was two weeks later so I was fine).

But hey, when your job is on the line you would try anything right? Well one more thing to do is this....start working out...a lot. I have an average build and have always worked out a lot and been in sports, in college I had a buddy that was...let's just say he looked a little like the photo NorCalHal uses. We were roomates and pretty much smoked together all the time our senior year. When we were graduating and looking for jobs we quit smoking a month before the year ended so that when we started job hunting we would be clean. We took our own piss tests once a week just to see if we were getting clean, I was clean after 3 weeks, it took him just over 6. Start working out!

The work out thing does work, as does excess water etc, but all those do require pre-knowledge of the drug test coming up. From the sounds of your situation is similar to mine, you're gonna need to get clean urine from someone, or fake urine from online, but I've never used that and so couldn't tell you if it really works or not. Maybe someone else has some experience with it.

Having owned an over the road transport co. for 20+ years I can say this ,Quit smoking or look for another job! You're gonna' get caught, point,blank,period!You put not just your job at
risk but also your employers insurance rate, DOT certification, and interstate commerce standing. When you were hired it was with the agreement that you would not use any banned substances. Be a man of your word, quit smoking or quit driving!
NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!

If PPL get pissed I dont care,, Im gonna say it.
If you are smoking and taking a chance on loosing your job(your only job) or your freedom,,you deserve what ya get,,and you are MAKING the argument for these freeken Politians,, about addiction.
I ,,In my life time(im 53) have had to stop smoking many times to feed my family,,WHO is much more important to me then smoking weed. Thats what MEN do who have families,,they do what it takes to take care of thier family.
If you have no family,,fine,,you hurt no one but yourself if you go to jail or lose your job. But If you have a family and a job that you will lose if they catch you, and you smoke anyway,,,,,then you have a BIG problem,,much bigger then you are willing to admit.

That's a 180 degree turn from your last post, cowboy.

No, I don't have a family, it's just me and my dog.

cubby said:
Having owned an over the road transport co. for 20+ years I can say this ,Quit smoking or look for another job! You're gonna' get caught, point,blank,period!You put not just your job at
risk but also your employers insurance rate, DOT certification, and interstate commerce standing. When you were hired it was with the agreement that you would not use any banned substances. Be a man of your word, quit smoking or quit driving!
NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!

Understood, cubby. But since most employers are drug free, most people who smoke weed and work a legit job are breaking their promise of abiding by the contract they signed.

certo works real well. its cheap and in every grocery store. comes in a pack of two. mix one pack with a quart of water and drink it and take a bunch of leaks. it will work

i have used this stuff called pee sure a few times. Once on a random. IT comes with a heat pad. So if you get caught off guard you can heat the little bottle . It takes a hour but just drink water to kill the time. MOst times they will give a pink slip togo a testing site . in 48 hrs. It maybe different other places . PEE SURE worked every time i used it.

DontPoutDrinkAStout said:
Understood, cubby. But since most employers are drug free, most people who smoke weed and work a legit job are breaking their promise of abiding by the contract they signed.

To use the excuse that everyone dose it dose'nt cut it. YOU agreed not to use, what other people do has nothing to do with it. You expect your employer to pay you on time,the full amount, and without complaint. A contract is your WORD. If you can't keep your word then your word is worth nothing, and a man is only worth his word.

here's what you should do. buy a packet of dehydrated urine and keep it in your wallet. you can also make your own by leaving clean pee out to dry. but this'll still only work if they don't dye toilet water/tell u not to run water

I'm not quitting my smoke for any Job!
Glad those tests aren't so popular where I live... :yay:
Good luck bro!
Try and find a job that suits you...
Be a gardener or something... ;)

intellenoob said:
here's what you should do. buy a packet of dehydrated urine and keep it in your wallet. you can also make your own by leaving clean pee out to dry. but this'll still only work if they don't dye toilet water/tell u not to run water

Dehydrated Urine!!! If your stooping to this level you have much bigger problems than worrying about a drug test!:confused:

When I was young and stupid (and DEAR LORD was I stupid) I had a chance at an amazing job that was being set-up by my dad. I quit smoking and took the test. It was close, I almost passed. But no. They told me that because my dad had set it up and I was so close that they would forget about the first test and give me another in two days. I tried some of whatever it is that people sell, didn't smoke and my THC levels were HIGHER than the first test. Then they couldn't keep it quiet and told Daddy everything. Me on the couch balling my eyes out, him telling me he is still proud of me. NO JOB!

Sooo...my point. Dang, sometimes I have a hard time getting there. Nothing is 100%, but not smoking.

There is a thread on passing a test. Catch, you have to know the test is or STOP.

Do you really want to carry urine on you at all times to pass the test? If you ever want it to be more than you and your dog urine in your pocket it isn't the way to get there.

If you get called in have at least a gallon of water to try to dillute. This MIGHT buy you sometime to get everything worked out.

Latest posts

Back