drying in the cold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

A.K.

i just harvested some outdoor plants away from my house and made a drying chamber to put my plants in but i have to keep it hidden outside in my yard so my roommates dont find out but it gets really cold here and in the morning there is a layer of frost on everything is it too cold to dry my buds outside will it make them mold or freeze or anything like that? (the drying chamber is well ventilated ,dry ,and dark)

I would say that it is too cold. You need decent temps in the first week to get rid of most of the moisture (between 65 and 85) and you want humidity over 55 % or you run risk of mould.

Freezing bud is bad, when the moisture freezes in the bud, it expands and ruptures the cell walls. The THC is exposed to the air and oxidisation occurs.
It is then broken down into CBN's which are useless.

I'd look for somewhere better. Last winter I dried some bud in non optimum conditions. Ended up learning the hard way ... Mouldy Bud

Good luck

I'm seeing a larger cardboard box with a 75 watt incandescent hang'n it to keep the smaller dryer box and its contents warm.

don't hold me responsible for your mouldy weed though! LOL

Latest posts

Back