Dual spectrum-3 strain-ebb&flow-SOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The growth rate is definately faster. I was running coco for the "flavor". Got the same white rhino in E&F to see how much difference there really is in taste. Mass producers coco buckets had faster growth than plain coco but still not like the E&F. DWC is the only thing I've seen keep up with E&F but I've never done Aero-ponics.

cool . . . I will keep that in mind for future grows. I know e&f is fairly easy and simple to set up, but you do waste a lot of water. I'e heard god thing about aeroponics - but that was one guy with a small system. Keep it green man!

ElJefe1971 said:
but you do waste a lot of water.
I only use a 20 gal res and change it every 10 days. I don't waste it though...my house/yard plants get some gourmet food every 10 days. I've even used a garden sprayer to do my lawn with the leftovers!
Well things are moving right along, at 25 days 12/12 now. Here's a pic 4 ya.
111aaa 004_edited-1.jpg

111aaa 006_edited-2.jpg

Thought I'd throw up a pic of last years grape ape. It's whats for breakfast:hubba:
grape 007.JPG

Budds keeper...looking great my friend....I run the massprocer coco buck as well...the fast growth is due to amendments added...not just the coocco...I grow mostley in soil and Love to clone useing the cocco..seems to work well for me..i also use the bubble cloners from massman as well..If ya dont mind...Gonna pull up my milk crate fallow along the rest of the way ..How many more days ya have? Im a hit my bong now...take care and be safe:48:

Hey Budders Keeper-

Nice grow you got going on. Are you still using both bulbs? Are you rotating plants or switching the bulbs?

If not, do you notice any difference in growth on the ends of your table?

Thanks- Again Nice Job!

-4u2- welcome, and thanks for stoppin by. I ran I plant in plain coco and couldn't stand that it had nothing in it so I mixed with perlite, vermi-castings, bone/blood, bat guano (high P kind-indonesion) and tried a couple Mass buckets. The Mass buckets definately get the prize! I hit 12/12 on 9-26 so I would guess I still have another month.

-BBfan-Welcome, great to see ya! I am still using both bulbs(will be till harvest). I am not rotating plants or switching bulbs, just letting it roll. The only difference I can tell so far is the Mh end of table crystalled up faster, and the Hps end bulked up quicker. I'm only really using the rhino for info as I am familiar with that strain. I also have a rhino mom trained into 2 main stalks, growing in coco/perlite/org. One main stalk pulled under hps end, and the other pulled under the Mh. When lights come on I'll move it away from table and get a pic to put it in perspective. I will also get pics of the rhino on the far end Mh and another on the far end hps. My biggest surprise was the ones in the middle (both spectrum) do not show a significant difference from the hps.

I'm done rambleing, Thanks for looking...all advice appreciated...and your kind words as well. BK

Added two more..bubblegum clones..to fill in gaps from the missing hashplant. Still trying to figure out how to get my candy grow in the tray as well. Batt's died on the cam so pics will be a little later. changed res; 1400ppm, 5.8ph, gh3 + dry koolbloom, 73degree res., 80 degree room, 50-60% RH (I know but it's the best I can do...got lots of fans!).

Hey BK-

Thanks for the reply. Interesting about the growth rates and trich production between the mh and hps. The difference on my test was staggering. I'll keep checking on ya if that's OK. ;)

Boy that rh is awful high for flowering. I go a little overboard and keep mine below 35%- usually around 28%. I've read several different articles about aridity and increased trich production.

But at those levels, I think you need to watch for bud rot.

Awesome job though.

BBFan said:
Hey BK-

Thanks for the reply. Interesting about the growth rates and trich production between the mh and hps. The difference on my test was staggering. I'll keep checking on ya if that's OK. ;)

Boy that rh is awful high for flowering. I go a little overboard and keep mine below 35%- usually around 28%. I've read several different articles about aridity and increased trich production.

But at those levels, I think you need to watch for bud rot.

Awesome job though.
I am watching daily, hourly almost, for the dreaded rot. I flowered at 70-80% before the dehum with no probs, just lots of fans. The 25 pinter runs 24/7 this time of year to keep Rh down. I could put it in the room but then temps go up to 90 creating more Rh which causes the dehu to run...it's a careful dance between temp and Rh over here but it keeps it interesting at 3am when the wife wakes me up with " that darn thing is beeping again!" She has really good ears, I have to rely on my sense of touch to wake me up:angrywife: . Yes, it's a pretty staggering difference here too. Thanks for stoppin in! BK

latest 002.JPG

latest 003.JPG

latest 004.JPG

latest 006.JPG

latest 007.JPG

latest 008.JPG

latest 009.JPG

latest 010.JPG

latest 012.JPGBBfan, got some more coming. I tried to take as many angles as I could for you to compare...but be advised this is in no way a "scientific test" but I'm you figured that out!

latest 018.JPG

latest 019.JPG

latest 021.JPGHello friends, moving right along. I can't believe I'm already tying buds up:hubba: . The tray is definately producing much faster than the past. I believe this is due to extra lumens rather than extra spectrum. I am so disappointed in the Mh both for veg and flower(compared to hps and I understand the lumen diff.) that I will be retiring it after this grow and adding another a/c hps. Can't wait to see 2-400HPS rockin 8 sq. feet. Probably overkill and hopefully the bud coming out will also be overkill!

Looks Great BK-

Easy to see which are under the mh and which are under the hps (even without the noticeable color difference in the pics) but rather based on the growth.

It's great that you're going all the way through with the mh to the end- I gave up on the mh to improve yield when the difference became so apparent. Looking forward to your final results and perspective. :hubba:

But, I still think it's the lumens that are making the difference (like you mentioned), and it's not the spectrum. I'm getting a 600 watt unit for my next grow to compare the difference on a lumen to lumen basis (I currently also grow under 2- 400 watt units in 10 sq ft).

There is just so much more photosynthetic response to the spectrum put out by a metal halide compared to the spectrum of an hps.

But, as most of us are small time growers, the difference may be so negligible as to not be worth it. We'll see.

Thank you for the journal- your growing skills are very impressive.

It's great that you're going all the way through with the mh to the end
It's that or one light, And the girls are attached to slabs of rockwool so can't really move'em either.

photosynthetic response
Your losin me, man;)

your growing skills are very impressive
Aww shucks, thank youpounds BK

BBFan. i believe he's scrapping the MH, for another 400Hps.;) . would that be correct BK?...

i also see the difference in vegging with my 400Hps, as long as flowering, as opposed to vegging with the 250Mh, and the cfl's. the only downfall i've encountered is strain dependant in some will need more pinch/training so they don't try to reach the light too awful quickly.( ie...hybrids)...:cool: ...

can you give me a size on your wr, as well as bg BK? height? circumfrence?...

very nice job man. looks like a very nice harvest in your near future...

edit>...that grape ape was looking like breakfast of champs dude. lol...

Hello IRISH, yes I will be scrapping the Mh, but, after this grow.

can you give me a size on your wr, as well as bg BK? height? circumfrence?...
I shall get out the old tape measure in a couple hours when the lights come on. The bg I just put a couple clones in to fill a couple gaps but I will post pics along the way. The wr...you want the 3gal coco along the side, an HPS-RW-E&F, or a Mh-rw-e&f;)

Thanks for stopping in, and for the kind words as well. BK

OK IRISH,, the rhinos are running about 10-12inches tall, and about 25 to 30 inches in circumference including all side branching.
Bubblegum is 3inches and 4inches tall..2 day @ 12/12.
Happy trails,.,BK

Latest posts

Back