DWC help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
captain1 said:
Thats excatly what I thought I started at 5.6.

I put it to 6.0 he promised by sat new growth should prove him right we will see.
hey captain if you're still there what happened to them when you put ph at 6? i guess if you didnt post back with a problem then they liked the ph at 6 better proving your friend and me right :D different strains like different PH i told them many times they just wouldnt listen haha

zem said:
hey captain if you're still there what happened to them when you put ph at 6? i guess if you didnt post back with a problem then they liked the ph at 6 better proving your friend and me right :D different strains like different PH i told them many times they just wouldnt listen haha

They bounced back but they are growing real slow I think they are in shock trying not to mess with them to much. Some were nut burnt some light burt ect.. They are all under t5 without much growth. I was hoping dwc would be faster but not so for me. I know I need to wait it out and it will be fine just alot of issues hitting at once.

As far as 6 ph it was amazing by the next day I could see a difference. I dont allow them to get much over but they seem to like it there.

Reactions: zem
pcduck said:
The pH should ideally be 5.8. I start my pH at 5.6 and let it drift to 6.0.

6.3 is way to high for hydro....

pc, how often do you adjust your pH?

captain1 said:
As far as 6 ph it was amazing by the next day I could see a difference. I dont allow them to get much over but they seem to like it there.
heh i'm tired of being right every single time :hubba: soil growers from all over come overcrowd forums with hydro advise stating that ph optimal is 5.8 for all MJ in hydro, i say soil growers should stick to soil advise, we know there are 1000's of different strains and we know every kind of plant likes a different PH, apply this info to MJ and you got your answer. i think that all the ppl who were once accusing me of givin bad info should admit that you were wrong :woohoo:

captain just give them some time, they were yellowing they need this time for recovery, when you see some fresh green leaf you might wana give em stronger light to speed things up, i'm not sure how many watts is a t-5?

my t5 os 40,000 lumens but I pot half that were looking better under the MH 1000. its all the way up. room temp 70 temp at top of the plant 75. Just real slow.And to add to the punishment got mites now from some clones.

the ones that look like the 2nd pic would take time they were almost dead if theyr greening up you gota be happy, the ones under 1000 should be picking up and growing make sure that theyr on the way from yellow to green and not the opposite, observe them closely every day you can even use pics and compare them daily, again, as long as theyr going green you're doing good and it should be soon they should speed up. your biggest mistake in fact was letting it go too far before you seeked some help, the more deterioration the more time it will take to recover, deal with the mites now good thing you spotted them early, try post some new pics that would be good cheers :)

You want to keep t-5's 4" from top of plant. If everything is going right it should grow a inch a day. I kept my t-5's 12" from top for first 2 weeks then drop to 4" off tops. I have 2 4' 2 bulb T-5 HO 1 6500k and 1 3000k on each lamp.

Mites came from an outside source emergency thought I would keep the strains. Now I have to go to war. As far as the light goes it will come down once there healed alittle better its about 8'' away now

Can someone help Im going backwards as you can tell from above I have been struggling. I have read that some people claim huge growths with dwc. I have had some plants growing for a month with little to no growth. my PPMs are around 500-600 should I add more? why is it so slow? I can put them under stronger light but I would think a t5 should grow fine. But if need be I will put them under a 1000 mh.

500-600ppm is low raise it to 800-1000, are they getting greener?? if yes and if you'r getting fresh growth you can put em under 1000watt, but dont put em under 1000 with that low ppm they will deteriorate quickly there. its been a while youv been struggling with them, do you have new pics?

heh i'm tired of being right every single time soil growers from all over come overcrowd forums with hydro advise stating that ph optimal is 5.8 for all MJ in hydro, i say soil growers should stick to soil advise, we know there are 1000's of different strains and we know every kind of plant likes a different PH, apply this info to MJ and you got your answer. i think that all the ppl who were once accusing me of givin bad info should admit that you were wrong

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908 <-- PH and nutrient availibility charts..

I'm 'not' a hydro grower, but there are specific range of ph that allows all mj to flourish in dirt and in hydro. No one is re-writing the scientific facts here.
all strains would grow at 6.3PH
. 6.3 is at the very brink of acceptability according to the "reputable" charts and reputable experienced growers.
Maybe your equiptment/meter is off???
It just seems...questionable, that "you" are the ONLY one that I have ever heard say that 6.3 is an acceptable range for mj.
These folks have been at it for a long time. "I" would hesitate to question their accumulative experience.

your right i shouldnt have said ALL strains grow there but i dunno how it happens that a strain likes a Ph higher or lower than another but IMVHE it does. it maybe because different strains like lower levels of certain micronutrients i dunno, what i experienced was a plant that had severe Ph problem, it was a sativa i was growing years back and a VERY informed user at the time, Cecil was his name and was very well known, said that he thought 5.8 might be overkill for my plant and suggested i try at 6-6.3, other users agreed and i did just that, the plant was much better liked that Ph level alot better. i am not the only one who says this, captain1's friend also says the same he grows this strain at these levels and now captain's plants bounced back as he stated, however it seems to be takin forever... we need some new pics to know what he means by "bounced back". right now my strains like the Ph of 5.6-5.8 i'm not saying you shouldnt grow there i just THINK that different strains like different levels of Ph

Ok so Zem was right putting them under the 1000 fried them again with low ppm. they are back under the T5 as you can see be the pics. So they need more ppm now? Im going crazy they just wont bounce back. I have some new girls in the clone machine if these dont go soon the clones will be ahead. Heres were I am again.
1. 70-75 degrees room temp
2. 72 water temp
3. PH 5.8-6.0 (calibrated)
4. Plenty of air Alita 80 and a pondmaster 100 (6 inch air stones alot of disturbance)
5. 400 cfm fresh air (outside air)
6. 600 cfm Drawn air (to outside)
7. PPM 600
8. RO water 0-6 ppm
What am I missing Seems to be perfect Need to know where to go with my new clones soon if this doesnt change.

pics

burnt 005.jpg

burnt 003.jpg

burnt 004.jpg

hey there captain ;) theyr still alive not lookin very good, 600ppm is low for them IMO, they need full strength nutes, try with 900-1000 ppm. when you put them under strong light plants speed up growth so they need to be healthy or else they will yellow quickly, check the ppm daily if it's goin down increase ppm, lets hope you get things dialed before your new clones are ready, good luck ;)

750 ppm still under t5 looks like new growth is comming. Havent got any worse Pcduck. Do you have any thoughts PCduck? As soon as my clones are ready where should I start The strains are church, White shark, and frosty and LSD. I dont want to go through this again waste of money and strains.

Latest posts

Back