DWC perpetual scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grodude

Reaction score
I bought a couple tents, one for veg and one for flower, so that I may have a perpetual harvest. I then realized I wanted to use a scrog, and 70-80% of the scrog has to be filled before switching to flower. Does this mean I MUST use the same room, or is there some other way to still get a perpetal harvest?

Cannot do a perpetual with scrog.

^ Like PCDuck said, it's rather tricky to do a perpetual with scrog.. that is, unless you give yourself two flowering tents :)

Good luck with everything :aok:

perpetual scrog---hps lights in each tent---1 tent take your cuttings---set up the screen and flower---2nd tent veg the cuttings---approx 8 weeks till harvest tent 1 becomes empty---take cuts from tent 2---set up the screen and flower---fill tent 1 with cuts to veg---8 weeks etc...

alternating flower veg tents is perpetual and scrogging---si or no?

I always think of perpetual as being done under the same light source.

I always think of perpetual as being done under the same light source.

:confused2::huh:

aaaahhh yes 1 flowering light with plants harvested at different times = no scrog

treat the entire tent as 1 plant = perpetual scrog lol

:confused2::huh:

aaaahhh yes 1 flowering light with plants harvested at different times = no scrog

treat the entire tent as 1 plant = perpetual scrog lol

1 screen grown dwc placed at different times under said*screen = 1 heck of a mess :)

keep mom and clones in one 24/0 tent
scrog in the other.

just need to work out the timing as to when to start the cloning process so as to not run out of space in VEG before scrog tent clears out, or have scrog tent sitting empty waiting on clones to root.

If I had 8 tents I would be in a constant state of perpetual. :)

:bong:

I do not believe that you can do a traditional perpetual grow and scrog. I think of a perpetual harvest as a system where you have plants of varying sizes and ages in the same flowering tent. This is not possible when scrogging.

I have found that the screen needs to go over the plants when they are young (still in veg) and it makes them hard (impossible) to move to another tent. So trying to veg in 1 closet and then move plants to another tent and then putting the screen over them and flowering is not going to work. I believe that you would just end up with a regular grow with a screen. It takes more than a screen put over the plants to be a scrog. And, IME, the screen needs to be put down and training started while the plants are still in veg and young. Scrogging also usually takes a bit longer as you are actually growing a large plants, but letting it grow more horizontal than vertical. Even rooted clones are going to take 6-8 weeks to get large enough.

What if I attach a scrog to each individual bucket?

You know, you might want to check out the DIY I have in my sig. I constructed a small scrog that I made to be able to be moved.

You know, you might want to check out the DIY I have in my sig. I constructed a small scrog that I made to be able to be moved.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I like how I can pick up the entire scrog with the lid and place it in my RDWC setup in my flower room. Thanks for the idea, I'm definitely going to try and rig something like that

Part of it depends on how long you want to scrog them. I read something as while back where the author advocated doing a 4 x 4 scrog with a single plant. That would take months and months of vegging and I fail to see any resulting benefits. You will want to veg long enough so the screen is about 75% full. It will be kind of a trial and error thing that will depend somewhat on strain and conditions in your vegging closet.

Part of it depends on how long you want to scrog them. I read something as while back where the author advocated doing a 4 x 4 scrog with a single plant. That would take months and months of vegging and I fail to see any resulting benefits. You will want to veg long enough so the screen is about 75% full. It will be kind of a trial and error thing that will depend somewhat on strain and conditions in your vegging closet.

Thanks for the input. Does the size of my reservoir matter? Does it have to be a certain size larger than my totes?

I do not run a separate res. The tote is the res. I used a 10 gal tote for that grow.

I do perpetual and scrog. I veg in a tent a do LST then move to the flower room for scrog. You just have to carefully pull the branches through the screen as you lower it.Works great for me. Another thing I tried to be able to move them is tomato cages to create a scrog per plant which also makes it easier to get to your plants.

The strain and the size of the screen will both play a role too. I flipped Super Silver Haze when it barely touched the screen on my last grow and it completely filled the screen because it was such a sativa and grew a lot despite being 12/12 light schedule. If you used a pure sativa strain it might work to add plants that small. You'd still probably want each plant to have it's own screen, but they could be in the same tent at least.

The attached photos show the grow I'm talking about, first one is on the day I flipped, second shows when the screen filled. This might not be a scrog to the purists, but the end result is similar if you train the branches as they grow into the screen.

View attachment ss.2012-04-30.plant_noexif.jpg

View attachment 20150211232737_noexif.jpg

Latest posts

Back