DWC Transplanting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillyGreen28

Reaction score
This is my first time doing DWC and need to know how exactly do I go about transplanting. I just sprouted some seeds and they are all about an inch tall. They are in 1.5" rockwool cubes, with hydroton around the rockwool, in 3.75" net pots. Now I'm not sure what to do once they get big enough to transplant. Do I plant the entire 3.75" net pot into a bigger net pot and just let the roots sit on the bottom? Do I plant my small rockwool cube into a bigger one and put the hydroton around that? I guess i'm just not sure what to do with the roots when I transplant. I looked and couldn't find an answer to this anywhere. Thank you for any help.

some cut a hole in the bottom of the 6 inch net pot so the smaller one can fit through it
but as far as i know you can just bury the 4 inch

I have put the small net pot into a bigger net pot and fill in with hydroton, no problem.

ShecallshimThor said:
some cut a hole in the bottom of the 6 inch net pot so the smaller one can fit through it
but as far as i know you can just bury the 4 inch

That is exactly what I do, only I have a 3" pot going into a 6" pot. The 6" pot has a hole in the bottom so that the 3" pot fits down tight.

Latest posts

Back