dyin okra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
my okra is dyin when it gets about 2 inches long it just dries up and dies. the plants look fine other than this. what could it be?

its a outdoor garden, the soil is normal ground where i plant every year. nothing special about it. they're in full blown sunshine. the plants look fine but when the okra starts to form it gets about 2 inches then dies

It has grown there just fine before?
Have you ever fertilized the area before? It could be that it's barren of nutrients. Maybe try mixing some **** in with the soil, see if that fixes it.

edit: A quick google, found this: http://www.cyber-north.com/gardening/okra.html
Fertilizing

Before planting, use 2-3 pounds of fertilizer such as 10-20-10 for each 100 square feet of garden area. Spread the fertilizer evenly over the area. Mix it well into the top 3-4 inches of soil.

real okras? heres my okras, it must be growing outside not indoor, okras get favors from outside currents if these okras find themselves in one place where only one condtion of current then they are not happy.. they want storms, they want suns, they want winds go on.. all that. i froze lot of okra in my freezer :)

god i love okra,people up heredon't even know what it is nor ever heard of it.good luck

LOVE IT BOILED,FRIED AND ESPECIALLY IN GOOD GUMBO

people up heredon't even know what it is nor ever heard of it
:eek:

I had to google it. Never seen it at the grocery store or nursery. :confused2:
:)

my wife likes it pickeled. i only eat it fried. i can't believe people have never heard of it. i guess its asouthern food.lol

yeah my late wife loved it pickled,not me.fried,boiled and you can not make a decent gumbo without it.makes my mouth water thinkung about it. it is a southern thing.i used to grow it down south.seems like its hard to get started,but after it takes root,it goes.used to keep it growin til frost hit them.my girl has never heard of it either,lol sure taught her alot about seasoning since i've been here,lol hate bland food.

i hear ya. im all about some spices and herbs. i guess what ever it was has taken care of its self. they're growin good now

hxxp://www.pakissan.com/english/allabout/horticulture/okra.diseases.and.ipdm.shtml

XX to TT :)

Latest posts

Back