Earthworm Castings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IRISH

:ciao: fam. i shared this info about a year ago, and with the flux of new members, will post this useful info once again...

some don't know, but Walmart Supercenters stock earthworm castings in thier gardening section. i just bought some 2 days ago. here is the good news. if your walmart does not stock this product, you can take this info i'll give you to mgmt., and you may have it on your shelves within a few weeks.:D :cool: ...

this is the order info you'll want to take to them...

All Organic Soil Enricher
Earthworm Castings
UPC 84403-00340
DMF Bait Co.
1180 Sylvertis, Waterford, Mi.

you may have to get creative to get a stubborn mgr to stock this, with having several friends ask for this product also. i got this info from the corporate office, and have did a follow up a few days ago, and the info is current...

they stock 10 lb. bags. $3.58 cents US... that beats the hydro shops hands down. some here charge over $20.00 for same product...

trying to help save you a buck...Irish...

p.s. i am in no way affiliated with either of these companies. just sharing some money saving info on a mj/mmj product...

Wow, that's cheap! I checked our local Wal-Mart tonite and they didn't have it, but I'm going back during the day with the info and squawk at the mgr. Thanx for the heads up Irish. Good lookin' out.

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

man you are a mountain of knowledge, thanks fer the tip!

hey multifarious.:p ...lol...

these are imported castings from vancouver, bc where supposedly, the best of the best earthworms come from. something about the heavy metals of the soil there or something.:confused2: . and since i just woke up, and gotta run to my mothers, i'll dig up the info for you later.;) ...

hmmm. beneficials hitching a ride in the miracle grow, eh?...:rofl: ...Irish...

Please please please try to not ever shop at wal mart.

Dont feed the beast. They claim they can save shoppers 3,200 a year.
Guess where that savings comes from?

Povert level wages for employees and horrible benefits.

You want to fix our economy? Shop elsewhere.

It is really, really hard to find good quality earthworm castings. Having a father who operated a red worm farm and going through the entire process I can assure you that the majority of so claimed worm castings often are dilluted or just plain garbage.

Good worm castings have the texture and appearence of coffee grounds. THey have an almost sweet smell and should have NO SAND OR OTHER CONTAMINATES. The castings we sold had live eggs in them also, I have never seen this since we shut down the farm.

The best castings I have seen were from the hydro store, and were ok at best. The castings were dense balls, from a roller type sifter perhaps. There were no eggs and quite a bit of sand.

Red wigglers seem to be the best breed for worm castings. We fed our worms a mix of horse manure, bread, cardboard and alfalfa. We could produce the finest vegitables, bananas and passion fruit on the coastal areas of california. Pure magic.

I have yet to see a product on the market, a single standaloe product that can produce the positive effects on such a broad scale than the worm castings that my father farmed.

Too bad the Green Rush did'nt happen 12 years sooner or all you people could be using the finest quality...there was zero demand for the product at the time so the biz never took off. Shame.

...all I see in the stores, nursery and hydro are total crap in compairison.

Perhaps I could start a proper worm famring thread...maybe after a few more gallons of coffee.

The Effen Gee said:
Please please please try to not ever shop at wal mart.

Dont feed the beast. They claim they can save shoppers 3,200 a year.
Guess where that savings comes from?

Don't want to get into this too much, but I have to agree with TEG on this. Walmart is putting HUGE companies out of business. Grocery stores nationwide, Circuit City, possibly Toys R Us in the very near future. These companies all had problems of their own, but WalMart dealt major blows to each one. The number one retailer of groceries in the United States is Walmart, the number one retailer of toys in the United States is Walmart, and the number two retailer of electronics in the United States is Walmart. I'm just bringing up facts and don't want to start trouble, but in my opinion we would all be better off shopping at local ma and pa businesses when possible, it may save thousands of jobs by keeping another companies doors open rather than fattening Walmarts bank account and allowing them to 'slash' prices even more.

The Effen Gee said:
...all I see in the stores, nursery and hydro are total crap in compairison.

Perhaps I could start a proper worm famring thread...maybe after a few more gallons of coffee.

TEG, this would be great! I think you should man.

this will be edited so " **** wal-fart.their castings are **** and not castings!

i take no offense to the original poster that is just trying to help other members.this is only my opinion against the wal-fart corp., and not the original poster of this.

gmo said:
Don't want to get into this too much, but I have to agree with TEG on this. Walmart is putting HUGE companies out of business. Grocery stores nationwide, Circuit City, possibly Toys R Us in the very near future. These companies all had problems of their own, but WalMart dealt major blows to each one. The number one retailer of groceries in the United States is Walmart, the number one retailer of toys in the United States is Walmart, and the number two retailer of electronics in the United States is Walmart. I'm just bringing up facts and don't want to start trouble, but in my opinion we would all be better off shopping at local ma and pa businesses when possible, it may save thousands of jobs by keeping another companies doors open rather than fattening Walmarts bank account and allowing them to 'slash' prices even more.

>>> but they only cost $3.58 for 10 pounds.:rofl: ...sorry. i had to...

ok. halt. hit the brakes.#1. i don't live in cali where theres a dispensary on every major boulevard,#2, nor is there a hydro shop within 100 miles.:eek: ... sooo, i gotta get, what i can get. comprende'?...

sorry guys. but the mgmt at DMF are three local school teachers, or , ex teachers that went into the buisness of worm poo farming in the mid 1970's. they started out, as a simple hobby to circumvent thier teaching income(and we all know teachers are sadly underfunded), and left teaching to farm full time in 1994...

thier story is one of uniqueness. they are the worlds largest wholsale bait dealer. you have to read thier story...

hxxp://www.dmfbait.com/home.asp

once at home page, go to (about) to read thier story.

i've been using these guy's castings for a long time. i got nothing but tasty veggies, and tastier bud from thier product...;) :cool: ...

these guys were the mom, and pop buisness for a long time. you can't punish because they chased the dream. yeah, they got big. no. huge. and what happens when you go global? you have to hob knob with the bottom feeders(pardon the pun) sometimes to get ahead. afterall, thats living the dream...

check 'em out before you pass judgement fam. (thats a weakness, for the weak minded)...again, afterall, it's only poo...:p :cool: ...

fort collins ak-47 said:
this will be edited so " **** wal-fart.their castings are **** and not castings!

i take no offense to the original poster that is just trying to help other members.this is only my opinion against the wal-fart corp., and not the original poster of this.

>>> do me a favor fc. check out the link. no offence taken bro.:cool: ... this is merely a buisness transaction between two people...

it would'nt be fair of me to say i hate nike, because they pay big athletes to much to advertise thier product.;) . feel me?...

i'm only giving first hand knowledge. i never said i liked, or , disliked anyone...:cool: only that walmart supplies a local product, which i happen to use, and have used many times, and would like to share my find with the fam... don't sweat the petty stuff. pet the sweaty stuff...:hubba: :D ...Irish...

:ciao: eff-n-gee... how did you survive ripping around on that two-wheeled beast this summer?:p ...

i've wanted one of those worm tea bins for awhile now. i hear thier nice. maybe i should look at a diy job.;) ...now, some plans for one of these is right up my alley.;) :cool: ...

i found two cooler(24pack), size worm farms this summer at a yard sale. they were complete with bedding, food, and a cork? cooler style container. i 've never seen these before. i was gonna put worms up in 'em for ice-fishing this winter.:D :cool: ...

the worm thread is a brilliant idea bro. hook me up.:hubba: ...Irish...

I had a dream that i was trapped in an isle at Wal-Mart behind a family of very large people, when I turned around I had biggies behind me too I could not get out of the isle...could this be a vision of my future? A wally world purgatory? OHHHH why did I spread sooo much bad karma when I was young?

great info Irish! one of our local stores, a major ripoff artist, charges $30 for a 10lb bag of castings.... pure insanity!

fleshstain said:
great info Irish! one of our local stores, a major ripoff artist, charges $30 for a 10lb bag of castings.... pure insanity!

Wow! That is spendy:eek:

nvthis said:

absolutely ridiculous is more like it.... the sad thing is that they are the ones who usually have it in stock cause everybody's already sniffed out the cheaper stuff.... some people, thankfully i'm not one of them, have no choice but to pay it if they need it....

I to use Black Gold potting soil due to the fact it uses worm castings but my local source keeps it outside and now its full of pests ~

fleshstain said:

nvthis said:

Those are Beverly Hills blue-blooded worms, guys! They're NOT hard workin' blue collar worms like you'll find at Wal-Mart! :p

Give 'em a go Irish... It's hard to use too many worm castings, you might do well to add more than you usually do when using the more expensive, blue-blooded worms... :p

Happy Growing!:cool:

eddie.gif

dirtyolsouth said:
Those are Beverly Hills blue-blooded worms, guys! They're NOT hard workin' blue collar worms like you'll find at Wal-Mart! :p

Give 'em a go Irish... It's hard to use too many worm castings, you might do well to add more than you usually do when using the more expensive, blue-blooded worms... :p

Happy Growing!:cool:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: