easy LST, look right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kewl... I would call that "tieing down". but nice thinking :D

why not do like I do and keep the plant within the pot by inserting posts into the medium (pipecleaners, wire, etc.)... you can do some serious LSTing within a very confined space.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
kewl... I would call that "tieing down". but nice thinking :D

why not do like I do and keep the plant within the pot by inserting posts into the medium (pipecleaners, wire, etc.)... you can do some serious LSTing within a very confined space.
so when i squish stem and bend over creating an "elbow"...LST? i learn this stuff eventually

lyfr said:
so when i squish stem and bend over creating an "elbow"...LST? i learn this stuff eventually
LST envolves no squishing of stems, just a gentle bow..
looks ok though.

i wanna try this someday for indoor when i try my indoor op this winter
looks good tho

zipflip said:
i wanna try this someday for indoor when i try my indoor op this winter
looks good tho
howdy zipflip, its actually indoor/400, i put it outside so i would have room to work. it's really fun too, but everything is fun to me!

eventually u gotta let it stretch up somewhat a lil bit to make room for growth dont ya or u just keep her low like that the whole way thru til harvest?

zipflip said:
eventually u gotta let it stretch up somewhat a lil bit to make room for growth dont ya or u just keep her low like that the whole way thru til harvest?
i going by what i've read here and will not be touching them once they start to flower. i'm guessin they will grow sideways till then if i keep them tied down properly and when i flower the buds will grow straight up from the sideways branch...but this is my first time doin it this way:)

definately gonna have to try this route for indoors. seems pretty stealthy if ya got lil area to grow in like myself...

I like it lyfr...get them down to that bungi that wraps around the container in a few weeks you wont see container..I have a serious LST girl outside in a container now...cant see the first container...Good luck keep us posted

zipflip said:
definately gonna have to try this route for indoors. seems pretty stealthy if ya got lil area to grow in like myself...

This is an awesome way to grow if you are in small quarters...yields about the same..I did a side by side grow with Top44..both yielded the same...just LST had more smaller budds..colas whatever those things are we smoke..lol..

sorry lyfr for stepping on your thread...

try drilling some 1/4 inch holes 6 inches apart alont the top edge of container...then get some long pipe cleaners (GREEN) and tie that Ladie Down tight to the container...just my .2

I wouldn't really call that LST either but I'm no expert at all obviously. What you're likely to get with that is a massive center cola from the part that isn't tied down because all growth hormones will go to that tallest part of the plant. When I LSTed I tied down just the main stem and wrapped it around the plant, caused it be a major bush. But it was only the center stem I tied.

:**: ...you will get more collas...this was a debate a while back..Potbelly and I did test and...IMO..the plant sends its hormones to the tallest part of plant...I have one that I pulled the top down past the top of soil and wraped around container..meen while tieing all side branches down...tryN to keep canopy at same level..This was done to see what grew better..and I found that the plant grew evenly...Insted of a few large colas I had a dozen or so medium sized colas..but the yield did not increase..

"LST" is ideal for people with Hieght restrictions

Latest posts

Back