Electricity 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With conversion to DC the AC wattage required will be on average 1.25 times higher. So in this case you need roughly 125W AC to power your DC motor. That's the max you will need, but you are unlikely to be running those motors at max load very often if ever.

I have it all installed with transformer and proper cable and timer and relay to switch polarity. When you switch polarity on a dc motor it simply rotates the other way. I only wanted to figure out how they calculate actual draw of 100w 24v dc from 220v AC. I also don't have much time on my hand for extensive research into physics formulas but i couldnt find a direct conversion on online calculators. It is not a big priority though since i know i have the proper gear just wanted to know actual draw.
Just got in , does the motor have a hp or wattage rating?

With conversion to DC the AC wattage required will be on average 1.25 times higher. So in this case you need roughly 125W AC to power your DC motor. That's the max you will need, but you are unlikely to be running those motors at max load very often if ever.
This is what i wanted to know. Thank you CM.
Are you trying to calculate the weight that your DC motors can handle?
No i just want to know how much i am drawing from my motors. It is the first time i work with dc so it is good to know. I got an ac dc transformer relay and timer spent the entire night placing my cover now it is dawn here on the other side of earth and i still need to drill holes and cut the iron bars that hold the motor or else i cannot open it. I am waiting till 8 am to be able to make all that noise on a sunday morning lol.

Tonight was a good night of fruitful work i am so happy with the end result. I managed to open the curtains completely at 10 am so they lost a few hours of day light. i still have a long night of fine tuning tonight. I need to tighten every thing. Do you ever have that good feeling of wellbeing after doing hard work and accomplishing something beautiful? Can't wait to get to work again tonight :D

I need to know how much 24v 100w DC draw would require in 220v AC power? It proved tricky to find this info and i would appreciate some help. Thanks!
At 100% efficiency, 100W is 100W, so 100W/220V =0.45 Amps. There are some voltage drop across the rectifier diodes, but not much, so I would guess less than 0.5 amps per 100W unit.

The motor manufacturer should provide a cut sheet that tells what the locked rotor amp draw is. Locked rotor amps is the amperage draw spike when you turn the motor on and the rotor is still sitting still.

Glad y'all got that worked out. Only thing I know about electricity is don't stick a fork in an outlet cause it hurts like hell. Figured that one out as a toddler. Back in the day,,kids learned shit the hard way. 😁

This is what i wanted to know. Thank you CM.

No i just want to know how much i am drawing from my motors. It is the first time i work with dc so it is good to know. I got an ac dc transformer relay and timer spent the entire night placing my cover now it is dawn I understand now here on the other side of earth and i still need to drill holes and cut the iron bars that hold the motor or else i cannot open it. I am waiting till 8 am to be able to make all that noise on a sunday morning lol.
Aha Zem I understand now
I just could not see in my dang mind what you needed to know
Crashmag pulls it through nicely. Glad it was finally answered.

Glad y'all got that worked out. Only thing I know about electricity is don't stick a fork in an outlet cause it hurts like hell. Figured that one out as a toddler. Back in the day,,kids learned shit the hard way. 😁
I told you
STOP DOING THAT LOL
1692533234235.png

https://www.askmediy.com/how-to-install-a-220-volt-outlet/The fact you ask this leads me to say do not do this on your own.
The risk of death or fire or dying in a fire is real........have fun.
😆
I got electrocuted messing with an old hps ballast. I replaced the capacitor because that was usually what was wrong with them. When I went to tighten the contacts I accidentally touched both posts. Zzzzzaaaapppppp!

Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed colleagues and distinguished guests, I am honored today to present to you the groundbreaking advancements in the field of quantum defibrillation and their practical implications on our new and improved Hyperbolic Tetra-Modulator (HTM).

Now, the primary operating principles of the HTM are based on the phase-decoupled oscillatory motions of bipolar neutron pulses. By harnessing the spontaneous perturbations in the sub-ionic resonation matrix, the device achieves a non-linear compression of spatial-temporal wavefronts, leading to an enhanced tri-axial superposition alignment.

One of the most intriguing aspects of the HTM is its internally geometric Retromorphic Translation System (RTS). This system deploys an array of multi-dimensional polyphasic conduits, each individually calibrated to resonate at a distinct supra-luminal frequency. This not only ensures that the harmonic flux distribution remains constant across all modalities but also provides a direct feedback loop to the central tri-coil vortex stabilizer.

We've also innovated in the realm of crypto-fluid dynamics, integrating a Hexagonal Entropic Amplification Resonator (HEAR). When synchronized with the tetra-modulated pulses, the HEAR produces an oscillatory anti-phase pattern, reducing the meta-entropic losses and effectively doubling the energy conversion efficiency of the device.

Now, to address the issue of thermionic emission interference - a primary concern with devices of this magnitude - our team has incorporated a Dual-layered Inertial Quark Shield (DIQS). The DIQS, while minimizing the radial gamma photon dispersions, also serves as a protective barrier against any potential reverse osmotic pressure fluctuations, ensuring an uninterrupted operation of the HTM.

In conclusion, the Hyperbolic Tetra-Modulator promises to revolutionize the way we perceive and interact with hyper-dimensional quantum fields. The combination of cutting-edge design, unparalleled efficiency, and groundbreaking technology makes it a beacon of modern engineering. I thank you all for your time and look forward to the era of quantum leaps and bounds this innovation promises to usher in.

Latest posts

Back