Electricity 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
I need to know how much 24v 100w DC draw would require in 220v AC power? It proved tricky to find this info and i would appreciate some help. Thanks!

So are you planing on using step down transformers from 220 ac to 24v dc?
Is there a tech line you can call for the motors and ask a technician what they recommend ?
I have it all installed with transformer and proper cable and timer and relay to switch polarity. When you switch polarity on a dc motor it simply rotates the other way. I only wanted to figure out how they calculate actual draw of 100w 24v dc from 220v AC. I also don't have much time on my hand for extensive research into physics formulas but i couldnt find a direct conversion on online calculators. It is not a big priority though since i know i have the proper gear just wanted to know actual draw.

I have it all installed with transformer and proper cable and timer and relay to switch polarity. When you switch polarity on a dc motor it simply rotates the other way. I only wanted to figure out how they calculate actual draw of 100w 24v dc from 220v AC. I also don't have much time on my hand for extensive research into physics formulas but i couldnt find a direct conversion on online calculators. It is not a big priority though since i know i have the proper gear just wanted to know actual draw.
OK I was not aware of that, Glad it is all hooked up and working
Did you ever figure the actual draw was it much less than 100w?

GW is an engineer and big brained to boot!
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back