Engine fumes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greendave

Reaction score
I always seem to have left over two stroke fuel, i was thinkink about running a bike or a chainsaw in the grow room occasionaly. Any thoughts?

Carbon monoxide is a significantly toxic gas and has no odor or color. It is the most common type of fatal poisoning in many countries.[19] Exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system and heart. Following poisoning, long-term sequelae often occur. Carbon monoxide can also have severe effects on the baby of a pregnant woman. Symptoms of mild poisoning include headaches and dizziness at concentrations less than 100 ppm. Concentrations as low as 667 ppm can cause up to 50% of the body's haemoglobin to be converted to carboxy-haemoglobin (HbCO). Carboxy-haemoglobin is quite stable but this change is reversible. Carboxy-haemoglobin is ineffective for delivering oxygen, resulting in some body parts not receiving oxygen needed. As a result, exposures of this level can be life-threatening. In the United States, OSHA limits long-term workplace exposure levels to 50 ppm.

The mechanisms by which carbon monoxide produces toxic effects are not yet fully understood, but haemoglobin, myoglobin, and mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase are thought to be compromised. Treatment largely consists of administering 100% oxygen or hyperbaric oxygen therapy, although the optimum treatment remains controversial.[20] Domestic carbon monoxide poisoning can be prevented by the use of household carbon monoxide detectors.
Found this on Wiki. You can't be serious?

ummmm.... ya....

pump petrol exhaust in there... and you will kill yer plants... and possibly anyone else in the house too... NOT advisable....

ohhhhh bad no

Carbon Monoxide (CO)
carbon minoxide
Nitrogen Oxides (NOx).
Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)
Ozone (O3)

and other bad stuff dont do it

greendave said:
I always seem to have left over two stroke fuel, i was thinkink about running a bike or a chainsaw in the grow room occasionaly. Any thoughts?

Could be the crazest thing ive heard here yet..... bad idea.

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Right up there with using Drano as a rooting hormone

Soooooooooooo drano ISNT a rooting hormone...................:eek:......that explains alot!!

Latest posts

Back