Enhance THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If light manipulation is how he(we) increase the thc production,how is this the wrong thread?In your eyes "where" should it be?

DirtySouth said:
If light manipulation is how he(we) increase the thc production,how is this the wrong thread?In your eyes "where" should it be?

The problem is that not alot of people think decreasing light will increase the plants potency. It just seemed like you were telling us about your light cycle for the hell of it. Just because mother nature doesnt have a 12/12 light schedule at the end of the flowering cycle outdoors doesnt mean its not the best for MJ. Thats just how she is for everything on this planet. Man experimented with this plant over time and has come to find that a 12/12 schedule is best for the plant in flower. I am sure they knew there wasnt exactly 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night outdoors when they did this study.

well I guess the origonal question was regaring stress and thc production. We "I" strayed...:)
..but.. I fail to see that "that" (thc production) is what you are accomplishing with light hour manipulation. It appears to be more in line with allowing pheno variance/expression.
I still haven't seen anything to persuade me that more thc will or 'can' be produced under lesser light hours.

Many breeders talk about this but I think this is the one from Dj short. Well to break it all down this post is about getting more T.H.C. correct? If you learn your plants origin and recreate the enviorment you will get more T.H.C. point blank. I guess I will be more carful when trying to back people up on this site. And share information that I have read with others I thought thats why we are here to learn and help others well thats why I here not being rude just speaking my mind about how I feel. I come from a growing family who has survied the fight to grow my granny is 86 and still grows like no other my dad is 67 and has been growing for 50 years and I myself atleast 25 years our knowaldge and understading for the plant is way beyond the average joe. So what I'm telling you is that I dont speak unless it's true and have tested and exsperimented with this differnt style of growing for me ,you should be thankful that I'm here trying to help others. Respect the familys who fought this war for medical MJ where were you. If it wasnt for familys like mine who fought to make it legal think how scared you would be growing your weed.
Hick said:
I absolutely agree with you on the light manipulation and phenotypical expression. BUT.. is that the subject in question?..or was it "thc production" under a lesser number of light hours?
I'm not being argumentative about you manipulation of light for finding the cycle that benefits pheno expression. And in a breedng prgram, I would believe it beneficial for sorting out your desired characteristics.

..the pictures are not on our server.. the information you posted was not your composition, I've read it before. In fact, it may be included in the breeding information here if I'm not mistaken. Isn't it a dj short article?
all we ask is to credit the author, or the source when c/ping excessive amount of text/information. And to post pictures useing our service..
That

BOYSENBERRY said:
Many breeders talk about this but I think this is the one from Dj short. Well to break it all down this post is about getting more T.H.C. correct? If you learn your plants origin and recreate the enviorment you will get more T.H.C. point blank. I guess I will be more carful when trying to back people up on this site. And share information that I have read with others I thought thats why we are here to learn and help others well thats why I here not being rude just speaking my mind about how I feel. I come from a growing family who has survied the fight to grow my granny is 86 and still grows like no other my dad is 67 and has been growing for 50 years and I myself atleast 25 years our knowaldge and understading for the plant is way beyond the average joe. So what I'm telling you is that I dont speak unless it's true and have tested and exsperimented with this differnt style of growing for me ,you should be thankful that I'm here trying to help others. Respect the familys who fought this war for medical MJ where were you. If it wasnt for familys like mine who fought to make it legal think how scared you would be growing your weed.

No one here is bashing you or saying anything for you to get defensive. Your stating your opinion on growing and so am I and so is hick and everyone else. If 12/12 has been used for a very long time in the growing community you cant just barge in and tell us cutting down light will give us more potent plants. Its the same argument as LED's. Not enough true credible experiments have been put into play about changing the light cycle below 12 hours. Besides do you have something testing the THC of your plants to know that this works? How do you know for a fact your product is more potent?

..just about "everything" in todays market are hybrids bred indoors.. IME..
"Mimicking" ma' nature is fine for breeding and pheno expression. But "I" don't believe it does "produce more thc".. than 12 hours of usefull spectrum lighting.."ideal" nutrients. and a perfect environment.
We are all here to learn, but we would also like 'facts', not simple opinions stated as fact.
I guarantee there are growers here that can take a seed, grow it under "ideal" environmental conditions, and it will far exceed anything grown in its "natural" origins setting. I'm talking "dirt" from afghanistan, ect. ect.
They may even grow it in a tub of bubbling water.. certainly not "native" environment...
,you should be thankful that I'm here trying to help others.
thank you.. ....;)

There is no end in sight here. A good thread going to crap. I hate these general statements that are never backed up. Really screws with newbies when they need info and have to search through useless arguments that someone cant prove. I wanna see the difference. Grow your mimicked light cycle and then grow some 12/12 and then do what you do to check the THC in each because your so sure yours has more potent buds. Yet again you havnt answered. How do you know you have a higher THC content with that cycle, Do you test your buds with some equipment or do you look at it and say, YEP ITS MORE POTENT.:shocked:

I'm not telling you to change from the old school 12/12 I'm just telling the people in this post that you dont have to stab or beat up your plant to increase the thc. And yes I gotten the same strain tested one 12/12 and the other 10.5/13.5 and yes the thc content is higher we have a doctor that wants the highest thc content to make oral sprays for cancer patients it was in a range from 6 to 8% higher. and the key is to do it half way or a little more then half of flower so you dont loose that much weight you need to play with it yourself to learn what works best for you. And I dont care about quanity I care about quality. Well it sure felt like I was getting bashed
Caretaker said:
No one here is bashing you or saying anything for you to get defensive. Your stating your opinion on growing and so am I and so is hick and everyone else. If 12/12 has been used for a very long time in the growing community you cant just barge in and tell us cutting down light will give us more potent plants. Its the same argument as LED's. Not enough true credible experiments have been put into play about changing the light cycle below 12 hours. Besides do you have something testing the THC of your plants to know that this works? How do you know for a fact your product is more potent?

I think your bashing me most would agree. You have alot to learn and need to understand the plant. Plants thrive in home like enviorments and will do better then one thats outside it's enviorment. I did not destroy a good thread it's people that lack knowaldge that ruin a good thread. And for a person just starting out to grow should not practice this in the early years of growing. Just learn how get a good harvest and be consistant with their grows. Why do you think it's been a secret for so many years. All that hard work and come out your cave and tell all the growers hey you want the best buds do this hell no. It's been a secret because they want the best weed out there to build their reputaion in the grow community. So please dont bash me cause i will be happy to leave this site I could care less if you grow good pot. Some growers take it to another level and some are stuck in the past. I'm sure your weed is good but there are ways to make it better.[
Caretaker said:
There is no end in sight here. A good thread going to crap. I hate these general statements that are never backed up. Really screws with newbies when they need info and have to search through useless arguments that someone cant prove. I wanna see the difference. Grow your mimicked light cycle and then grow some 12/12 and then do what you do to check the THC in each because your so sure yours has more potent buds. Yet again you havnt answered. How do you know you have a higher THC content with that cycle, Do you test your buds with some equipment or do you look at it and say, YEP ITS MORE POTENT.:shocked:
No you throw it against the wall the longer it stays on the wall the higher the thc

Isn't it a dj short article?
Word for word:p. I posted that a while ago. It's from "The Sativa Room" or "The Sweet Sativa Room" by DJ Short.

DirtySouth said:
Out door bud is more potent(more leaffy also).

Thats so not true. It can be more potent because the sun puts out 10,000 lumens per square foot and puts out UV rays. But what I dont get is the mexicali outdoors crap that flys around here with some seeds is decent stuff. I take seeds from good stashes. But its amazing how much better the stuff I grow is compared to what I got. So maybe certain strains grown seedless might be more potent but its just not hands down more potent because it grows outside.

It's because they leave it in the sun to dry breaking down the thc
Caretaker said:
Thats so not true. It can be more potent because the sun puts out 10,000 lumens per square foot and puts out UV rays. But what I dont get is the mexicali outdoors crap that flys around here with some seeds is decent stuff. I take seeds from good stashes. But its amazing how much better the stuff I grow is compared to what I got. So maybe certain strains grown seedless might be more potent but its just not hands down more potent because it grows outside.

I know I sated that in one of the replys:D
bombbudpuffa said:
Word for word:p. I posted that a while ago. It's from "The Sativa Room" or "The Sweet Sativa Room" by DJ Short.

..now boys'.. disagreeing facts and stating alternate opinions doesn't necessarily constitute 'bashing'. Text in a forum can pretty easily be misinterpreted for it's "tone". I apologize if you feel that I have. I think it's been a pretty good discussion, other than the "cave man" remarks..;)
I agreed/agree w/ you in that manipulating light hours could be beneficial in some ways. I will even give you the benefit, that it 'may' also help in terpine and essential oils development. Maybe not in the sense of "more", but in alternative production, changing flavor, aroma,'n such. Just not in enhancing the thc production. IMHO it doesn't "hold water"..;). Your opinion differs.
I brought a study to the table(as far as "I" know, the only documented study publicized).. You brought your experienced opinion and a dj short article, dealing with an entirely different goal/end in mind, I think. I'm not bashing you. I'm just stating the facts as I see them.
Admittedly, it's been some time since I read the dj article, and I didn't re-read it today. But I don't recall it saying all of the light angles and hours manipulation as a form of producing more potent plants/thc. But as an aid in bringing out the sativa characteristics or desirable characteristics, of specific/certain strains. 16/8 and 12/12 are not conducive to sativa strains expression, I agree wholeheartedly. I can/have seen it myself in my setup.
I don't think that is is, or has been kept a huge breeders secret for years either. DJ published those articles 10-12 years ago, in a magazine readily available to the general public and it's been posted all over the internet for at least a decade.. I'm would like to believe that serious breeders have taken it into account/practice for 'at least' that long.
I'm just telling the people in this post that you dont have to stab or beat up your plant to increase the thc. And yes I gotten the same strain tested one 12/12 and the other 10.5/13.5 and yes the thc content is higher we have a doctor that wants the highest thc content to make oral sprays for cancer patients it was in a range from 6 to 8% higher.
In agreement again... "stabbing, cutting, beating up" plants isn't a process to follow in increasing potency, health, or beneficial..IMO.
but I do have a question on your 'testing'.. Who, how, where and when?? Unless you have some pretty sophisticated equipment, it's my understanding that domestic testing has only become available to the public very recently.
"No you throw it against the wall the longer it stays on the wall the higher the thc "..:rofl:.. thanks for the chuckle I honestly did find it funny ;)

Out door bud is more potent(more leaffy also).
hmmm. DS, you should take that statement over to the hydro section ;), you'll definately get some contrary opinions.
And in fact, I have "heard" that dispensaries (ca. in particular) are less likely to buy outdoor grown med's. I personally have had ppl defend their indoor meds 'vehemently' as far better than outdoor. Going as far as tacking the "schwagg" title on outdoor buds. .."outdoor schwagg"..
I'm predominately an outdoor grower myself, so it was taken with a grain of salt. BUT.. I do understand their arguements. Providing an "ideal" environment, with perfect amounts of nutrients in perfect ratio, in theory, should produce a perfect product.. or "near".. ;) Better than OD, under less than favorable conditions, with pests, drought, flood, ect. IMO it has some validity.

dirtyolsouth said:
Yo DirtySouth...

dirtyOLsouth here... UV light is NOT safe! :eek: It's the rays that burn your skin out in the sun. Using UV lighting is potentially very harmful to your skin and eyes if you don't respect the dangers and protect yourself. Long sleeves, gloves, and UV blocking sunglasses should be used near any possible exposure. Best plan if using UVB lighting is to have control over the fixture outside of the grow room to turn it off before entering the room.

Imho... Using UV lighting is an esoteric area of growing that the dangers should be fully understood before messing with. It's more for the experienced grower that has all of his ducks in a row in their growroom. Here is the warning that came with my UVB bulbs:

SO does it work man?? ive read and heard that throwing a UVB lamp you can buy from the pet stores will enhance the growth of trichomes... since you have a uvb lamp you must have used it, see any differences in potencey??

The best bud in the world is in the jungles,undisturbed by man.They can try all day,but mother nature hit it on the head.
The dispenseries don't like the outdoor grown from northern cali.They have to many outdoor commercial growers,we are medical growers tring to make a change.So you see we are set out to better OUR ecomomy not THEIRS.
I know people from down here who grow outdoor who have no problem sellin extra meds to dispenseries.

DirtySouth said:
The best bud in the world is in the jungles,undisturbed by man.They can try all day,but mother nature hit it on the head.
The dispenseries don't like the outdoor grown from northern cali.They have to many outdoor commercial growers,we are medical growers tring to make a change.So you see we are set out to better OUR ecomomy not THEIRS.
I know people from down here who grow outdoor who have no problem sellin extra meds to dispenseries.

So if one was to add a 10.0 UVB aquarium light for lizards to there flower box along with his HPS would better the indoor conditions to more of the "outdoor" world? since HPS MH and the rest of the lighting does not put off UVB light. please correct me if im wrong.. ive gotton alot of bull durm from people... BUT YOU GUYS ARE SETTING ME STRAIGHT!!!!! THANK YOU ALL... Im from canada so i either get outdoor from bc or more common of bc's indoor grown... the herb i have had from most people is "ditch weed"
so please feel free to tell me im talkin non-sence or you got it. other then that thank you for replying:D

Latest posts

Back