Enhance THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DirtySouth said:
The best bud in the world is in the jungles,undisturbed by man.They can try all day,but mother nature hit it on the head.
The dispenseries don't like the outdoor grown from northern cali.They have to many outdoor commercial growers,we are medical growers tring to make a change.So you see we are set out to better OUR ecomomy not THEIRS.
I know people from down here who grow outdoor who have no problem sellin extra meds to dispenseries.

If the best marijuana is grown in a jungle or wherever couldnt we manipulate indoor conditions to represent the jungle or mountain conditions that grow such good stuff?? Also at that wouldnt there be something you could add or do that the jungle doesnt have that would help them grow even more potent or bigger. I understand these plants have adapted to there niche and thrive under original conditions but there should be something on top of that you can do to improve growth. The jungle probobly does something to mariuana the mountains dont. And the conditions in the mountains has something the jungle doesnt. So what if you added all the great factors on how to grow and had them in one condition. Its really hard for me to say mother nature has made the best condition for anything living on earth. Its made "living" conditions were things can surivive. But doesnt mean its the best condition for them, Isnt there always room to improve?

:yay: I'm not a Scientist and I will not mention any names out of respect for them and what they do to help very sick people. I only practice this method on one strain and from what I have noticed it's alot better medication. And I would think it's common sence that if you recreate the plants natural enviorment it will peoduce alot better of a plant. Not here to argue just here to share what I have tested. I was not calling anybody on this thread a caveman so dont take it like those cavemen in the geico commercials. All I'm trying to say if you want to exspeirment and possibly grow better smoke you might wanna play with this practice O.K. now come guys and girls:argue: big group hug. And that bud is still stuck to the wall
Hick said:
..now boys'.. disagreeing facts and stating alternate opinions doesn't necessarily constitute 'bashing'. Text in a forum can pretty easily be misinterpreted for it's "tone". I apologize if you feel that I have. I think it's been a pretty good discussion, other than the "cave man" remarks..;)
I agreed/agree w/ you in that manipulating light hours could be beneficial in some ways. I will even give you the benefit, that it 'may' also help in terpine and essential oils development. Maybe not in the sense of "more", but in alternative production, changing flavor, aroma,'n such. Just not in enhancing the thc production. IMHO it doesn't "hold water"..;). Your opinion differs.
I brought a study to the table(as far as "I" know, the only documented study publicized).. You brought your experienced opinion and a dj short article, dealing with an entirely different goal/end in mind, I think. I'm not bashing you. I'm just stating the facts as I see them.
Admittedly, it's been some time since I read the dj article, and I didn't re-read it today. But I don't recall it saying all of the light angles and hours manipulation as a form of producing more potent plants/thc. But as an aid in bringing out the sativa characteristics or desirable characteristics, of specific/certain strains. 16/8 and 12/12 are not conducive to sativa strains expression, I agree wholeheartedly. I can/have seen it myself in my setup.
I don't think that is is, or has been kept a huge breeders secret for years either. DJ published those articles 10-12 years ago, in a magazine readily available to the general public and it's been posted all over the internet for at least a decade.. I'm would like to believe that serious breeders have taken it into account/practice for 'at least' that long.

In agreement again... "stabbing, cutting, beating up" plants isn't a process to follow in increasing potency, health, or beneficial..IMO.
but I do have a question on your 'testing'.. Who, how, where and when?? Unless you have some pretty sophisticated equipment, it's my understanding that domestic testing has only become available to the public very recently.
"No you throw it against the wall the longer it stays on the wall the higher the thc "..:rofl:.. thanks for the chuckle I honestly did find it funny ;)

hmmm. DS, you should take that statement over to the hydro section ;), you'll definately get some contrary opinions.
And in fact, I have "heard" that dispensaries (ca. in particular) are less likely to buy outdoor grown med's. I personally have had ppl defend their indoor meds 'vehemently' as far better than outdoor. Going as far as tacking the "schwagg" title on outdoor buds. .."outdoor schwagg"..
I'm predominately an outdoor grower myself, so it was taken with a grain of salt. BUT.. I do understand their arguements. Providing an "ideal" environment, with perfect amounts of nutrients in perfect ratio, in theory, should produce a perfect product.. or "near".. ;) Better than OD, under less than favorable conditions, with pests, drought, flood, ect. IMO it has some validity.

As far as I know marijuana was only about %4 THC back in the earlier days. I have only heard marijuana has progressed and has gotten better over times because of indoor breeders finding the perfect combo of pheno's and growing them in perfect conditions to get the best crop. They didnt have most of these strains we have today. Its almost crapping on breeders saying there is stuff out there just waiting to be found thats stomping on there decades of research. I could take a rat and put it in its natural enviroment and it is not garunteed to survive, have food, or even mate. I can take that rat and make an artificial enviroment and add everything he had before and even more and that rat most likley will grow up bigger, healthier than in its natural enviroment. I am best at home but if you give me a gold bar out of no where I am better, That gold is not my natural enviroment. It was added to make things better, As do we in indoor conditions for marijuana. The nutes,super rich soil and everything else is it's gold bar that might not be in its original condition.

no matter how hard they try,the'llNEVER improve on natural conditions,rain,soil, wind ,light,co2,benifishal insects,ect.Where can you find all this,outside.What conditions do growers try to mimic or improve on,outdoor conditions.This is where I stand,and I stand firm!

DirtySouth said:
no matter how hard they try,the'llNEVER improve on natural conditions,rain,soil, wind ,light,co2,benifishal insects,ect.Where can you find all this,outside.What conditions do growers try to mimic or improve on,outdoor conditions.This is where I stand,and I stand firm!

I think science has gotten in my brain and left me thinking man can recreate anything and make it even better. As far as the soil they sell, nutes, they sell beneficial insects. Being able to control an enviroment seems to be more beneficial than an uncontrolable enviroment. Outdoors being uncontrolled and indoors being controlled. But I do understand how mother nature might be the best for plants and animals, somewhat. I know humans have made pumpkins, tomatoes, cucumbers and all them veggies bigger than nature ever would have made them. Thats why they are in the books for the biggest whatever they grew, Because they mimicked there natural condition then added there own little way to make it better. I think thats the perfect example.

Dude check out the young teenagers these days and compare them to the ones when you where in school.Hormones buddy.Just because something turned out bigger does it mean its better?Do you really think that hudge pumpkin tastes good,according to my many I talk to @ the farmers market,those hormones are leading to more and more complications each day.Look @ the pharma. companies,the F.D.A. will aprove a drug today,but tom. it could kill you.
To say man makes everything better is, well just look around @ our enviorment.Ya we have this that can do that which makes this better if you add that but do it this way unless you have some of that,oh ya add this but only if these are not on,spray this but only if this or that will happen.
But hey,thats just 1 mans opinion.

DirtySouth said:
Dude check out the young teenagers these days and compare them to the ones when you where in school.Hormones buddy.Just because something turned out bigger does it mean its better?Do you really think that hudge pumpkin tastes good,according to my many I talk to @ the farmers market,those hormones are leading to more and more complications each day.Look @ the pharma. companies,the F.D.A. will aprove a drug today,but tom. it could kill you.
To say man makes everything better is, well just look around @ our enviorment.Ya we have this that can do that which makes this better if you add that but do it this way unless you have some of that,oh ya add this but only if these are not on,spray this but only if this or that will happen.
But hey,thats just 1 mans opinion.

I cant say I see a problem with teenagers these days. Like it has been forever there are some bad people and some good. If anything humans evolved because of science and what we do to ourselves just like marijuana has evolved because of what we have done to it. Plus the argument isnt how good something is for you because no matter what smoke in the lungs isnt good for you, Plus smoking plant material. So excusing that problem them vegitables are bigger because of humans and science. Wouldnt marijuana in the middle of the jungle be super moldy from the constant humidity. Plus isnt the ground always wet so it wouldnt be good for the rooting system in these plants.

Cannabiscotti said:
i then proceed to sprinkle roughly 4-5 grams of hash on each plant.

:confused: Wha?? So how does this enhance thc production? Hmm.. I think you're cheating;) :rofl:

EDIT: Ha! Nevermind, I just caught the 'sarcasm' part. Good one!

nvthis said:
:confused: Wha?? So how does this enhance thc production? Hmm.. I think you're cheating;) :rofl:

EDIT: Ha! Nevermind, I just caught the 'sarcasm' part. Good one!

I have read a bunch of wierd things people attempt to do so this didnt hit me as sarcasm. I really thought this was happening. But I also had someone say if they grew they would take keif and mix it in the soil. Thats a way to go in circles, Grow weed just to put it back in the soil. Youll never get smoke going that route.

I have spoken to folks that put there left over bubble bag water back in their plants. They swear by it. A dispensary owner was the probably the biggest voice for this. But it is not so much fiction. When you think about it it is just water and plant material. Certainly can't hurt the plant.;)

nvthis said:
I have spoken to folks that put there left over bubble bag water back in their plants. They swear by it. A dispensary owner was the probably the biggest voice for this. But it is not so much fiction. When you think about it it is just water and plant material. Certainly can't hurt the plant.;)

I was gonna say that, It doesnt seem it can hurt it unless the ph goes crazy for some reason. With that idea if we took our plant material that we dont use for hash and soak it in water to get nutes and whatever else out of the plant and use it to water? Would the plant release anything into the water that might be beneficial to the plant or soil your gonna feed? Might be a very good way to replenish soil.

Thats like making a tea. You can take your lawn clippings and make a tea that is very high in nitrogen. And what I'm talking about recreating mother nature with the lighting cycle that will work for that strain. But you could always provide a better enviorment for the plants indoors.
Caretaker said:
I was gonna say that, It doesnt seem it can hurt it unless the ph goes crazy for some reason. With that idea if we took our plant material that we dont use for hash and soak it in water to get nutes and whatever else out of the plant and use it to water? Would the plant release anything into the water that might be beneficial to the plant or soil your gonna feed? Might be a very good way to replenish soil.

So then I guess we found something else to tell these people that want to do something with there males and not waste it. Make some "Nitro Juice" for next veg period. I started a thread for that topic so this one doesnt get off topic anymore.

Latest posts

Back