environmental control for increasing the odds of females

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
i have read a few articles that all look to be based off of dutch passions theory/experience as far as influencing plants to be female. low temps/humidity, less than 18 hours of lights on, light color,and nitrogen/potassium ratios are the basics. anyone have any anecdotal evidence or experiences? anything else that you have seen to be helpful?

thanks,
fogey

I have only read people asking that same question and posting the Dutch passion links.

That Cervantes grow book that everyone recommends has the same schpeil too.

Same info for the most part. This post did have a tidbit I had not seen though. The period in the plants life when it is most important to have these variables in the sweet spot is for 2 weeks after the third set of real leaves appear. Thanks MR1.

I tried this years ago when I first read this. It did not seem to make one bit of difference in the percentage of females versus males. I just ended up with taller lankier plants with larger internodal spacing because of the light schedule and sometimes more males, sometimes more females, sometimes 50/50.

There was also something written somewhere awhile back and I still run into it every now and then, that tells how you can tell the sex of a seed or whether it is going to herm by the shape and look of the seed. I found this to not be true either, at least in my case.

You guys may get different results, but I just found it not to make one bit of difference for me.

All this kind of begets the question: Do seeds carry both xx and xy chromosomes and can sex actually be influenced by environmental factors....or is the sex of the seed in its DNA and determined when the seed is formed? I have never had a botany type person actually answer that question? What exactly happens to a plant when it hermies (other than the obvious that we know)? What exactly is happening with plants that are forced to hermy in order to try and produce fem seeds? I have never understood or had it explained to me well what goes on at the genetic level.

So if you really want to know my thinking about Environmental Control for Increasing the Odds of Females, then i will tell you that i do not what are you trying to say. Did you mean that Environmental Control for Increasing the Odds of Females, so i want to ask why?? Why they want to Increasing the Odds of Females. So please Explain me in details.

female cannabis plants are what you generally want if you plan on smoking the plants. the flowers of the females are the buds that you purchase.

Latest posts

Back