Epsom salts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 Table spoon to 1 gallon PH water..

Take care and be safe

as far as I know the only reason to add Epson Salt (magnesium Sulfate) is to provide mg when there is a lack of or a mineral block usually occurring from excess amounts of Calcium.

I had a Mg deficiency problem a couple of months backs and a couple waterings with 1 tblsp/gal fixed everything

Does the use of Epsom salt leave a salt buildup, or does the plant use it all?

Gagneezy said:
How much Epsom salts should i put in my water?

Nobody can give you a correct answer, going by your question.
If you have a mag deficiency, you are either using ro water, distiled water, ec is to low, or your ph is to high locking out the mag.

So first you need to make sure your ph is not to high, then make sure you have the right amount of nutes feeding your garden, and if using ro, or distiled water you will need to use cal mag as a suplement to your current nutes.

And if you decide to use epsom salt I would suggest starting out at 1/4 tsp per galon, to much mag will cause other deficiencies.

I use Fox farm ferts, and they contain magnesium, but there are other complete fertilizers that contain it also. However, as a precaution, I use one tablespoon of dolomite lime per gallon of soil prior to planting.

I only had a magnesium problem once, and that was when I tried going all organic. It might be a bit more difficult supplying the magnesium when going organic; I don't know. I'll try organic again another time. The only time I went all organic I didn't know about dolomite lime. It might have worked out better had I used the lime.

By the way, are you doing an organic or inorganic grow?

Latest posts

Back