Extra security for your grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
Hello all i was wondering if anyone had any smart ideas for my situation. I have a room with a door that someone could probably get into if they pulled the pins out of the hinges of the door. I am trying to find a way to prevent this somehow. The door pulls outwards. And you cant position the hinges anywhere else. Anyone have any good mechanical ideas?

Heavy guage gate latches attached to the inside that slide into holes in the inner frame. The kind that simply turn and slide with a hole for a lock. I used these on the inside of a back door and it worked great although never was really tested. Is this a door that can be locked from the inside or your only means of access?

find some hidden hinges(like some kitchen cabinets have) just for doors
hxxp://www.lockandhinge.com hope this helps! :)

Get longer hinge pins. And bend them at the bottom.

But wouldnt they just pop off the molding by the doorknobs to get to the latch in the striker plate?
What I would do in the first place. Do that in 5 seconds or less.

What if ya got one of THESE? :eek:

GrowroomSecurity.jpg

A few ideas;

1. Replace the hinges with security hinges than either have the pins welded in, bradded over on the end or have some kind of hidden retainer that can only be remove with the door open;

2. Replace the screws with ones that go clear through the casing into the 2x4 or 2x6 framing on both the hinges and the striker plate;

3. Install one of those reinforcement plates around your knob/deadbolt area that reinforce the door and also cover up the striker and deadbolt to prevent tampering with them;

4. Remember that any of this doesn't much good with sheet rock only walls or hollow core interior doors that are easy to break through so a secure door is only a deterent if the walls are flimsy.

Also, something that looks secure is usually as important as the actual security itself. Another thing to remember is obvious security of unusual degrees is a flag that you have something to protect, so stealth and reasonable security is a great plan.

lol Dirty that is what I have...a very beautiful effective gaurd system. works for every door!

Hinge Pins-made by Don-Jo.(They replace the hinge plate screws)
Outside latch protector.

Gb

locks and security only keeps honest fokes honest. If they want in bad enought they will get in.

Drywall over the door and have your entrance through the roof or floor ;). That's security for yah!

2Dog said:
lol Dirty that is what I have...a very beautiful effective gaurd system. works for every door!

Me too, a massive Rhodesian Ridgeback.

It's hard to steal pot with a dog attached to your neather regions.

threetracks said:
locks and security only keeps honest fokes honest. If they want in bad enought they will get in.

The above is very true.
But the thing is time and tools.
If it takes more time and more tools than someone will change their mind.
The more time and tools (and noise)someone has to expend compromising a lock, the chance of their being caught will quantify, and the option of fleeing looks better...

Gb

Latest posts

Back