Fall 2012 indo grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
This journal is starting from the very beginning of growroom buildout. I'm getting electrical installed right now-running a 40amp 240v line to my CAP MLC-8 lighting controller. I'll be running 2 1K lights for now with about 30 plants.

NEED HELP PICKING A STRAIN! most likely getting clones from Harborside in Oakland. Can yall recommend a short flowering time, high yielder? Not super tall either.

Jack Herer and Sensi Star as well as Northern Lights. Tried all these in one form or the other. Have had a grip of "OG's" and not impressed, need to grow out some of my own so I can tell what the strain is really like...lol...no dispensary og's plz...lol..

untill ya have the enviorment set up...Ive ran most of those strains and have a few going now...are you going with a full script or are ya getting diffrent strains?...be carefull asking for clones here as Talk of trades/swaps is a no-no...even though some of us are leagle to do this...it is not alloud

Northern Lights
bluebarry comes to mind....if ya looking for a fast finished and low grower..stay away from the Hazes:aok:

take care and be safe

Thanks 7 and 4u, only running one strain. don't want to be making different nute mixes for different strains, and I like a nice even canopy. I've run NL #5 x Skunk #1 but never NL by itself.

Anyone have some experience with the Chem '91 or Chem dawg 4?

Lighting controller good to go.

photo (2).jpg

photo.jpg

So, 4 months later I have totally rebuilt the growroom. I had to replace the entire ceiling due to water damage and I added more ceiling joists to support the extra dead load from the grow gear. Its not done yet, but it should be operational in a few days.

The best thing about this room is its stealth. It is sealed airtight, soundproof, and has radiant shielding to block FLIR cameras. The shielded insulation is 4 in thick, had to put it on the inside of the growroom on the one side that is an exterior wall. All ducting in and out of the room is insulated so I can exhaust the heat where it wont detectable by FLIR cameras

I will be running Co2 from a generator with fuzzy logic Co2 controller. Also running a 45 pint/day dehumidifier and 1200 cfm carbon filter.There is an emergency exhaust system using dampers with 450cfm intake and 1050 cfm exhaust connected to a CAP day/night thermostat. Triggering the emergency exhaust also turns off the CO2.

I just picked up a Stealth 100 RO filter that will get the water down to 0 ppm tds. The RO filter will fill a 200 gal. reservoir and ill pump water from there to a separate 50 gal reservoir to mix fresh nutes every watering. The drainage of the growtray, dehumidifier, and RO filter is consolidated into one wastewater pipe that exits the growroom.

photo.jpg

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

You got all the bells and whistles but with Daisy chains for the lights! I luv it! Set up is looking good.

wow, my jealousy meter is reading off the charts. nice set-up looks like you did your research and it paid off well. mind if i ask how much the set-up set you back?

ShOrTbUs said:
wow, my jealousy meter is reading off the charts. nice set-up looks like you did your research and it paid off well. mind if i ask how much the set-up set you back?

Thanks Shortbus, yes theres a lot of gear in there, I decided I really wanted to build an ideal safe environment for the plants and tried not to cut any corners.

The gear in here probably cost $5000+. All this stuff I've had in storage while taking a break from growing. Did just buy the RO filter, thermostat and a couple other replacement items for this grow though.

Latest posts

Back