My Old Fart Grow 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:stoned: Your garden always amazes me TC. Great job to you, and the old fart. Inspirational as always!

Garden is beginning to really fade. Leaves yellowing and drying up. We are still feeding ChaChing and BeastyBloom.

1. Albert Walker, A star in the firmament of our garden!
2. Urkel, the Cats Meow!
3. Snow Cap, totally Cool!
4. Old Time Moonshine, bulking up like nobody's business!
5. Purple Diesel, looking like the Purple People Eater!

I want to thank Nvthis one more time for the outstanding assistance to bring this grow to you.

The OTM by my humble calculation will be nine weeks on the 28th!

Lowest overnight temps now mid 40's.

1AW.jpg

2 Urkel.jpg

3 SC.jpg

4OTM.jpg

5PD.jpg

very nice girl....I started Harvest here in Seattle

:yay:

Great looking plants TC! I always remember Snocap, it was the first strain I grew indoors many years ago.

Hey TC, that snow cap is a beauty! I love the sage green leaves and lavender bloom. Wow.

The OTM is ridiculously huge. Lovely as always.

As September draws to a close, all of us Outdoor Growers are breathing sighs of relief and holding our breath at the same time. I have never seen my Old Fart so jumpy with every little sound at night. When the neighbors dogs start barking, he is at the window with a flashlight. We do have new neighbors below us and I am pretty sure they were the people walking their dog up on the road that the Old Fart saw checking out our yard. Ah well, we start harvest this coming weekend, or Friday. The OTM are coming down first, as they have been in flower longest and are 100% cloudy according to the Old Fart.

Here we have:

1. AK47, scheduled for 10/12 to come down over that weekend.
2. Albert Walker, putting on some of the bigger Kola's in the garden.
3. Pre 2 K Blueberry
4. The Golden Goat, at about 6 weeks.
5. The Old Time Moonshine, a classic look at a fox tail.
6. Purple Diesel, leaves purpling a little from the cold.
7. Snow Cap, looking amber on the outer shade leaf.
8. Urkel, such a hard bud.
9. NL #5, Looking sweet, loosing a lot of big shade leaves to the fade. The other NL, in the corner is putting out buds that are almost as big as a soda can!

4u, looking awesome up there!
Ston, your Satori is Magnificent!

1AK47.jpg

1AW.jpg

1BB.jpg

1GG.jpg

1OTMFoxtail.jpg

1PURPD.jpg

1SC.jpg

1Urkel.jpg

1NL5.jpg

omg tc, that is just gorgeous . . . the menu selection is off the charts, the pics belong in a book on cannabis . . . just really top notch, there's gotta be at least 3 bpotms there, I am very impressed you got it all goin on girl :48:

Thank you Dan, just read the man was outside your place. Glad to hear they left and you can relax now.

Dam Girl.....Mine aint as nice as yours....I see many BPOTM comeing from your garden this year...Happy Harvesting...and slide this to Hubby:48:

Definitely BPOTM worthy.

can someone explain the term "foxtailing"
I see you've mentioned it for the OldTime Moonshine bud above and I see the term in different place on the forum.
Is it a good thing?

Tasty, IMO the Fox Tailing is neither good or bad. It has shown up here because the weather got warmer I think. The calix's start to grow again, making more in one spot (here the top shows, but I have more all over the bud) kinda like extra growth where you don't need it. The buds just don't look as good and in the correct bud looking formation with the foxtails. A couple clips and voila a well manicured bud is looking good. Some take them off just because it is easier to trim by not getting each and every area around the fox tail and not the tail it's self. It is pretty much a matter of how you want the buds to look. I hope that answered the question. The growth looks kinda like a foxtail from a weed, I guess, as to why the actual word used is "foxtail". I will post some more pics of them off the plant as soon as they come down, very soon, a matter of days even.

Thanks for all the compliments guys and gals, always a pleasure to hear. No one else ever sees these buds except online and it is nice to share them here.

TC-
Thanks for the explanation. I think my "max-autos" are doing that. Just thought it was the way they grew. There seem to be empty pod like calyxes at the junction of the main stem and the branch.

Just reminds me how much I still have to learn. I'll wait for pictures.

Your ladies are looking real good.....love the color!

We started harvest today.

Took down an Old Time Moonshine. Because of the fox tailing, the buds were a little airy. The tops not so bad, lower buds on the branches worse. Then, both of us started to notice immature seeds! Looks like maybe two week along seeds.

I just came in from checking the rest of the OTM. Of the four, looks like all are seeded. I checked the AK47 next to them and find no seeds. I am thinking hermi in there somewhere. On plant #3 I found the least seeds on the bud I looked at, and they were way more immature also.
So, the moral to the story is, take the freaking plant when it hits eight weeks (my moral anyway).

This has been the longest Indian Summer weather I have seen since I started growing on this scale. I thought the fox tailing was from the warmer temps, but alas maybe it was brought on by the pollen. I don't know, I will keep an eye on the other plants near where they were. We have taken all four down and in that way stop anymore maturing of the seeds.

On the upside, I did take a good look at a lot of the individual plants near the OTM and I am seeing some amber and pretty much all cloudy.

Have a nice evening peeps.

OTM seeded 1.jpg

OTM seeded 2.jpg

Hello October!

1. AK47, looking nice, small amount of Amber. Scheduled to come down next weekend.
2. Albert Walker, looking heavy on the upper Kola's. This is a smaller lower bud.
3. The Pre 2k Blueberry, one sweet plant.
4. The NL#5, taken without a flash. The rest of the pics are with a flash.
5. The Purple Diesel. I smoked some from a broken branch last night and watched Dark Shadows, that brought the seventies back to life for me!

The Old Fart says.....
the Purple Diesel are farthest along amber with the Urkel and Albert Walker in a tie for second most amber. Looks like per my calendar the AK turn 9 weeks this Saturday. All others are 8 weeks this next weekend, excepting the Golden Goat that turns 8 on the 25th.

Thanks for looking in guys.

1AK47a.jpg

1AW.jpg

1BB.jpg

1NL5.jpg

1PD.jpg

you're purple diesel sure is a looker. bummer the otm did'nt behave.(glad it was'nt mine). hehe. seems we were ahead of you on harvest. i've been bringing stuff in daily past two weeks. most plants were a lb+ change. everyone is happy again for a change...awesome bud pics tc. keep on rocking!!:D

Thanks Irish, nice to see you here. I wouldn't wish seeds on anyone, glad it wasn't you too. We start taking the Purple Diesel in about half an hour. She is showing lots of amber and we need to get some of these girls down. She was funny, one plant had kola's at least a third bigger than the other plant.

beautiful harvest colors tc . . . would love to be at that picnic !!

Latest posts

Back