My Old Fart Grow 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long hot days, cool evenings. Such is summer in the mountains of California.

The girls are now about half in flower. The Ak47 and the Old Time Moonshine are both officially in flower and we will be counting them from August 5th for "flowering times" now. The Albert Walker is pretty close also.

1. Old Time Moonshine, looking like she is gonna throw some nice long kolas.
2. The Golden Goat, putting on height every day, or I should say night.
3. The dark green of the NL#5 is beautiful.
4. The Urkel looking good, lots of bud sites growing still there.
5. The Purple Diesel, looking sturdy and close to officially flowering.

We will be finishing the staking this week.
:icon_smile:

a  OTM.jpg

agoldengoat.jpg

aNL#5.jpg

aUrkel:pre2kbb:ak.jpg

apurpleDiesel.jpg

Thank you Rose. We count our blessings around here and here is part of them.

Fires plague the North East side of Northern California these days. A huge one is burning over in the Lassen National Forest and another North East of it. Yesterday the smoke arrived here, the wind has blown it away today. Below find a picture of a smokey sunset from the garden. I am playing with the new camera and enjoying it.

The garden is going into flower nicely. All the strains are Officially in flower now excepting the LST (I think Snowcap) and the Golden Goat (still so small yet). The Old Time Moonshine flowers are the largest, so I put one up in the bud picture of the month contest. I sure like the one you all chose this month, those trich covered leaves NV has there are Awesome!

1. The LST Snowcap, still shooting up for the stretch.
2. The AK 47, some a little farther along (by days only).
3. AK 47 First trichs I have seen in a pic (taken with the point and shoot in macro).
4. The sweet Golden Goat. She was moved to the entrance of the garden last night due to the staking that is gonna happen soon.
5. A Smokey Sunset here at the ranch.

We are currently having a heat wave here. 106 yesterday and a degree or so lower forecast today. We are keeping the girls very wet and spraying them down in the evening.

1LSTsnowcap?.jpg

AK47.jpg

AK 47 First Trichs.jpg

Golden Goat.jpg

1Sunset.jpg

Been hot and lazy around here this last week. Temps in the hundreds until yesterday and we enjoyed 98f. Went to the Coast over the weekend, and it was like 40 degrees different!

I have been comparing last years pics to this years pics and I believe last year the garden was more....how do I say this...lush, large, green, crowded? Yep, all of those. I am in no way complaining, just observing.

Due to the plants looking like they are going into the fade early, (the AK anyway) I have included some Grow Big when feeding. The only girl out there not in flower now is the Golden Goat. I have a feeling we will be wheeling that plant into the house to finish this fall. That is totally okay with me from what NV says is gonna come from her.

Taking pics of some flowers for you. :icon_smile:

1. Old Time Moonshine the plant
2. Old Time Moonshine the bud
3. Y2K Blueberry
4. AK47, showing trichs
5. The Snow Cap, Mystery LST, I remember why I kill/hate grasshoppers now, one sheered off a whole top of one of these stalks. Like a freaking chainsaw! :eek:

1 OTM.jpg

2 OTM.jpg

3 Y2KBB.jpg

4 AK47.jpg

5 SC.jpg

Whats the smell like in ya yard Girl?..Plants are banging

:48:

Thanks all you guys....

4u
, the aroma has not hit yet. I only see trichs on a couple. That Purple Diesel has shown some trichs now, keep a look out when yours go to flower. They are the second or third to show trichs. A month from now, the cooler is gonna pull in that heavy aroma and Im gonna try harder for a BPOM. Watch out!

Dan K. Liberty said:
. . . the women are the ones ya hafta look out for . . . . :D

hummmm....Dan, did you know I am one of those? Women? :eek:

tcbud said:
This week we trimmed the lower stalk and did our version of the "chicken leg". We have trimmed the lower small branches off. We have found the they just produce popcorn and I can do with out a bunch of popcorn in October.

We will also be starting the flowering nutes as the plants should be going into flower in about two weeks or so.

Soon this will not be so boring. :D

1. Albert Walker, size wise the star of the show.
2. Again Albert, a top near the center.
3. Urkel. I am so freaking impressed, he/she may become my production plant next year. She has many bud sites and sturdy formation.
4. Pre 2K Blueberry.
5. Ak 47

tc :ciao:

GREAT LOOKING LINE UP... ALBERT WALKER!!!!!! i miss AW good to see its still floating around . and i love the akward storyline to Albert Walker.. got to love a good pot story tho :) ... i always loved the candy corn flavor Albert Walker puts out... my fav Albert Walker story to date (you can google this too) is that Albert Walker was a guy who stol indenties from the net and killed the people whose identy he stole hahaha... but i believe the story it named after a bass palyer in a reggae band and was passed at a concert.

Aloha tc :ciao:

Hello Friends!

I enjoy updating the journal much more now that we are seeing some of the girls show off their flowers.

1. Golden Goat, now Officially in Flower!
2. Golden Goat, proof of it's maturity.
3. Old Time Moonshine, outshining all the flowers in the garden for bulking up quickly.
4. The Mystery LST (probably the Snow Cap), is a lesson in check and double check your list and tags while cloning.
5. The AK47 with a friend. It didn't dawn on me until I started downloading these that this little fiend could have been laying eggs on my buds! :eek:

To the South of us now there is a fire. We have had some smoke from it for about five days. The fires to the East of us are about 50% contained. Contained does not mean out, it means firefighters have established a fire line around the fire. It can still burn and also jump the fire line.

I enjoy hearing from each and every one of you. Thank you all for stopping by and commenting or just enjoying.

Golden Goat.jpg

Golden Goat Flower!.jpg

1 Moonshine.jpg

1 LST .jpg

1 AK47 + friend.jpg

Okay, like I said, I love taking pics of buds. :D :icon_smile: :D

1. This last night, I first notice the Purple Diesel showing some purple for the first times on the Calixes. This one is gonna be a beauty when that cool weather comes along next month.
2. Old Time Moonshine. Still outshines them all.
3. Shades of Green. An overview of some of the different plants we have here. Closest Right Urkel, close left Y2K Blueberry, Middle Ak47, back right Old Time Moonshine, back left *long kola* Snow Cap, back Middle more Ak 47.
4. These are the buggers that can sheer a leaf or top off of a plant over night. They will eat part but leave the rest hanging.
5. I took this over at Trinidad Head in Humboldt County. I just liked it. Could be called Stand Your Ground.
:D

Purple Diesel.jpg

OLD Time Moonshine.jpg

Shades of Green.jpg

Another One Bites the Dust.jpg

own your shit.jpg

Latest posts

Back