My Old Fart Grow 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
Your garden looks great TC. Please wear shoes...big boots up to your knees...sheesh, that would have scared me.

The girls seem very happy. More mojo.

Rose, the next night, I had a dream about the dang rattler biting me. Woke with my poor lil heart pounding to beat the band! While out taking the above pics yesterday, the husband says...."watch out for Rattlers" and dang it if I didn't almost jump!

Here is a pic for you all that I "stitched together" of a couple shots I took with the new camera. This is taken at a pass at about 6000 feet, looking south. The mountains to the left side are above the lake I fish. This rock was in the road on the downside of that pass, bout the size of a fridge. Also a flower I cropped out of another photo. This camera is the bomb!

7g, guess I told the rattler story in another thread. We were making the garden larger, and well, found a rattler in a cinder block I had put a bucket on and dang if I hadnt been walking around the area for about 15 minutes watering. When the addition allowed me to walk on the other side of the cinder block, that is when I saw it. Nary a rattle was heard. The husband got a shovel and killed the heck out of it. Six or seven rattles, saved those, buried the head

Thanks for stopping in guys and gals. :icon_smile:

merge.JPG

4 C.jpg

rock.jpg

rattlers, rocks, bass and bushes. oh my! :p...

we've had same weather past couple weeks. finally back down in the low 90's. was over 100 five days straight, and high of 105. been having to stay vigilant on watering daily. we all need rain badly. i was out watering last evening and musta had fifty grasshoppers on one plant!:eek: i dusted heavily with sevin dust, and i hope it runs them off to other pastures. i can't say greener pastures cause everything that is green here is my pot. lol. everything else is crunchy brown...

i'm glad that you are getting to fish this summer again.:D i've been out several times in the spring to fish a few local bass tournaments with a bud that had to have a partner. i'm not that into bass fishing no more. i prefer to bluegill/crappie/perch fish. we both caught, (and released) 25 bass each in the 2-5 pound range. it will take a 6-7lb to win a tournament here. i floated my boat two nights ago and caught a mess for supper. if this heat ever breaks its on again...:)

your garden is superb as usual...peace...

Thanks for stopping in Irish. Way cool on the fishing for you. Glad to hear someone is catching some fish. I would love to put 12 in the boat that size! I am lucky lately for 20 fingerlings and 1 big one so far. :D

Some distressing news downstairs :eek: . The NL#5 developed bud rot on the second biggest bud. Below find the pics. We were planning on taking a few buds today anyway. This will be ten weeks since I first saw signs of flowering. The NL#5 was the second to last to show signs of flower, so it is prolly at eight or nine weeks. The Snowcap was the last to flower. We have had the cooler on almost non stop the last few days/week. That may be why the bud rot. The NL#5 seem to have the densest buds and I am not surprised it will be one to watch for rot :eek: . I wanted to leave them till last outside this fall, I hope I can still do that.

On a outdoor note, we are getting a lot of blown smoke from a fire south of us. With the hot temps (105f yesterday) the threat of fires is HUGE. One started sometime last night down river from us. I hope they are getting it under control. From what I have seen so far on the TV, it is near the Highway, so should be quickly out.

bud rot 1.jpg

bud rot 2.jpg

This what we took yesterday. All the most top of the plant pretty much, excepting the AK47, those tops were taken already. The hardest buds are the NL#5, 87 NL, and the Purple Diesel.

I see the old Fart over there getting a morning buzz on. Cough Cough. :D

Have a great day everyone! :D

moms time test 10wk.jpg

Keep safe, hope the fires get taken care of quickly!! :ciao: my friend...nice buds!!

This week we trimmed the lower stalk and did our version of the "chicken leg". We have trimmed the lower small branches off. We have found the they just produce popcorn and I can do with out a bunch of popcorn in October.

We will also be starting the flowering nutes as the plants should be going into flower in about two weeks or so.

Soon this will not be so boring. :D

1. Albert Walker, size wise the star of the show.
2. Again Albert, a top near the center.
3. Urkel. I am so freaking impressed, he/she may become my production plant next year. She has many bud sites and sturdy formation.
4. Pre 2K Blueberry.
5. Ak 47

1 AW.jpg

1 AW branch.jpg

1 Urkel.jpg

1 Pre 2K BB.jpg

1 AK47.jpg

That Urkle is a beauty TC... They all look happy, but that one is special.

Rose, I agree with you. The Urkel is special. I wondered what it would do alone in a pot. I grew, I think 4 in one pot last year. I really liked the smoke.

We took the Mom harvest today. I think I have a defiinate bug problem down there. The Moms will reveg, I hope. Old Fart took them out and sprayed them. I hope that does the trick. We have some neem oil spray stuff that I got the other day. Hope it does the trick.

This is what we got off the Mom's. I think we took about half of the plants, the upper half.... ;) .

Mom harvest.jpg

So it is raining. Not something we see much anymore here in the Summer. When I was a kid, August was notorious for Thundershowers. I can remember the rain coming down so hard that looking out Grandmas window was just a sheet of rain to see.

Went outside and fooled around with some of the settings on this new camera. In particular the Cloudy/plant setting. Seems the cloudy setting gives a bit of a orange look to the pics. First two were taken in Standard setting and Plant. The second two were Cloudy and Plant. I am actually taking this camera more seriously and going past the basics in the manual. In one year and a few months I will be taking pictures at one of the happiest days of my life, the day my daughter gets married! I want to take some awesome pics of that special days as a gift to her and her partner.

1. Urkel in the rain with pre 2K Blueberry to it's right.
2. Mystery LST, who knows who ended up there. Seems to look diferent than anyone else out there, possibly the Snowcap.
3. Our version of Chicken Leg'n on the AK47. Just took the lower branches off.
4. The Colorado Blue Berry and the Golden Goat. Put in last (first of June, I think)and def a few heads and shoulders behind the rest of the garden. The Golden Goat reacted more to being hardened off and I think got a bit of a sunburn during the process, yet is is coming back now.

Because of the Rain here, no fishing, no gardening, playing with the camera and posting more pics of the girls. Boring some of you, wait till they flower :D . :icon_smile:

Urkel.jpg

Mystery LST.jpg

AK Chicken leg.jpg

Co BB + Gold Goat.jpg

glad to hear you're getting some rain your way. Help dampen those way to dry tree stands.

:peace:

p.s. Your Urkel reminds me of Cousin It from the Addams Family...lol..., man she's a beaut. :aok:

Went out yesterday, with the camera and this is what I saw in the garden. I am posting another pic in a separate thread in sick plants. :eek:

This is showing the damage on the inner leaf, it is mostly showing up on the tips. Total black tips, curled then crispy. This showed up in one day!

Im thinking potassium or phosphorus difficientcy.

Please let me know what you think guys. This is showing up on like half of my girls. Not on the AK47 at all or the two little plants or the AW. So, it is on the NL#5, Urkel (shown here), Pre 2K BB, and the Purple Diesel.

We have had colder nights this last couple nights, dropping to 47f last night, kinda cold for this time of year.

I am feeding with FFGrow Big. Twice weekly. Was planning on adding flower nutes this weekend. Have stopped the Molasses over two weeks ago. This is creepy looking, that one leaf, dead in the center. :eek:

damage 1.jpg

damage 3.jpg

Lazy Summer days here at the ranch. Plants growing, grass brown, bugs a hatching.

1. A Praying Mantis nest. You know how you are standing in the line at the store and there are a lot of items right up next to the register? Those are called impulse items. Here is my impulse item purchase from the hydro store while picking up our flower nutes. It is supposed to put out 100-200 baby praying mantis. I hope some live to eat grasshoppa's and such in the garden.
2. Albert Walker, our largest by height and width, beyond the Ak47 all lined up like the good girls they are. Talk about forming bud sites, these plants are covered with them.
3. The youngest Colorado Blueberry and the Golden Goat (on right).
4. The Old Time Moonshine, such a different structure than the other plants in the garden.
5. Purple Diesel. Also putting on lots of bud sites.

We are now feeding the girls some bloom nutes. Old Age Bloom in liquid form. Nice dark brown organic food for them. We also picked up some Open Sesame and Beasty Bloom. I have used the Open Sesame along with the Cha Ching by FF but have never put the Beasty Bloom in the mix. So this year we add Beasty Bloom and see what the difference will be. The Hydro guy says it will plump up the size of the blooms. So the schedule now is Old Age Bloom once a week, full dose. Then the Open Sesame once a week for three weeks, then on to the Beasty Bloom for three weeks or so, then to the Cha Ching for the finish (continuing with the Old Age Bloom throughout). I know they are not all organic, but we will use them anyway. I think some are of the three, but do not remember which ones were.

The damage mentioned in the above post seems to have stopped. Don't know why. I want to thank you all who posted in my "Trouble in Paradise" thread. Again, thank you.
:icon_smile:

a praying mantis nest.jpg

AW w:Ak47 line.jpg

Co BB:golden goat.jpg

Old Time Moonshine.jpg

Purp Diesel.jpg

i love your impulse buy. i would be sold on the mantis's too. that age old bloom seems like a great product. it really feeds the benificial oraganisms and benifits the plant with the micro's. you know that some of that benifits is lost using FF's line though. seems as though it hasn't slowed anything down though. plants look great. can't wait to see that urkle flower and hear the smoke report.

Nice greenery TCB! Good luck with the mantis'. You couldve just visited me and taken home several for free:D. I have them all over the place.

Moaky, what do you mean "benefits is lost using FF line"? Are you saying the FF line somehow negates the benefits of the Age Old Bloom? I am curious, I know some of FF is not organic, as I said "couldnt rember which" were non organic. But to say the benefits were lost? Is one gonna effect the other?

Bomb, dang fine to see you looking in on our outdoor. Took a look at your sig thread. Love those colored trichs. I have seen those on the Purple Diesel this year on the Mother plant we had. I think the most I have ever seen tho were a few years back, a Purp I grew, the Amethyst was also heavy with them. Good to see you.

Look for an update here soon. Boring as the veg state is, they are actually doing their stretch out there and the AK47 are looking to be starting the pistil clustering of flower!

Yup, the stretch starts here! They look to be packing on the budsites. The AK is gonna need some massive staking/tying. Some of the AK 47 and three of the Old Time Moonshine are both in/super close to flower in my book. All of the girls are stretching now, some more than others.

1. The Albert Walker, largest plant in the garden. Very impressed with this plant.
2. An AK47 flower, would you call that in flower?
3. Grasshopper
4. The Old Time Moonshine. Looking structure wise very like the DJ Shorts Blueberry I ran a few years back. Gonna be some nice long kolas right there.
5. The Pre 2K Blueberry, smallest in the garden (seems to get bigger every night) besides the late Golden Goat.

The Girls are now getting Age Old Bloom ferts once a week and a taste of Open Sesame with some Grow Big mixed in once a week.
:icon_smile:

1 Albert W.jpg

1 AK flower.jpg

1 hoppa.jpg

1 Old Time Moonshine.jpg

1 Pre 2K Blueberry.jpg

Yo Bud, Old Fart turned 60 yesterday!
Wave!
104f here today.
Update pending.

Above says it.

The Ak47 in the smaller pots are smaller plants. The AK47 in the larger Smart Pots are about the same in size.

It is easier to walk through the garden this year. The Old Time Moonshine are more sleek and upward growing than the Grand Queen Purple from last year. The Albert Walker (front right) is about the same as the mystery plant from last year in the corner.

I think the difference is due to the cooler overall temps overnight in May and June of this year. It was cooler longer last year early May and June, but the overnight temps were cooler longer this year, later into June.

Below find 2011 left and 2012 left.

A more complete Update will be upcoming. I was not happy with the pics from this mornings group.

8:6:2011.jpg

8:5:2012.jpg

Latest posts

Back