fans leaves standing to attention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspliffy

Reaction score
watered my ladies last night and checked on them this morning and noticed the fan leaves on top half of my plant shooting up.almost like they are standing to attention.is this a good sign.leaves have 9 fingers and are lush green.16 days into flower.pics soon when camera arrives.peace 420
"I GROW TO SMOKE NOT TO SELL BECAUSE IF I DO I'LL END IN HELL"

Your plants are displaying some serious Tugor is all. It's natural for them to stiffen up some time after watering/feeding. As long as things look healthy and proper you should be all set imo.

Peace...........Jman

ross.limited said:
Hi mrspliffy,

IMO the Y shape is something good but if you like you may post some pics here for us to see the situation. Best of luck!
yes the "y" shape is how i would explain it.waiting for fed ex to deliver my camera.using bio canna nutes(you dont have to adust ph)my girls love this stuff,its foolproof.

Hey Mr Spliffy-

Like JMan said, it's turgor pressure that causes the erectness you describe in leaves. But sometimes I think it can be a cooling issue; still turgidity, but the plant is transpiring excessively to cool itself. Do you find you're watering more often? I had a plant doing the same thing (the leaves at the top of the plant were pointing upwards)- this pic is a 4 week flower sativa (it was the best pic I had that showed the condition):

View attachment 157483

What I think was causing the problem for me was a combination of heat and low humidity at the canopy- I needed to raise my lights slightly. So I think it was just an early warning sign. No harm done.

Bottom line, IMO your plants showing this characteristic are fine. If you can check your temps at the canopy to be sure, it may help prevent problems that may arise later. Hope this helps.

only had the hps light on for couple of days as stuck with m/h for first 2 weeks of flower.hps definatly is creating more heat so i think your correct as canopy temp is slightly more than before.gonna raise the light slightly

Latest posts

Back