FED GOV...... bill to legalize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorCalHal said:
Damn str8 Mutt.

After re-reading the thread, I think folks have a false sense of what this bill means. Most of you are applauding that the Feds are "backing off", and yes , this is a great thing.
What you don't realize is the big companies who pushed this thru....look it up. It is NOT about letting you "get high", it is about BIG business. I am ALL for it.

Do you guys really think that the Feds will back off and now everyone will just be able to grow and smoke herb at will??? haha. MJ is the biggest business in Cali, over Dairy,Wine and all other Ag products...it is FAR too much loot for big Corporations to ignore. As I wrote in another thread, they will come in and buy out all MJ related businesses and assume control.

If all you want to do is get high, then you have nothing to worry about. You can sit in your chair and watch the 5 'clock news and beleive everything the Pretty New Anchor tells you, while you are stoned on herb provided by Proctor and Gamble. Good Times.

Or you can wake the $^%# up and get in the business while you can.

Don't be fooled, it is all about Big Business, allways has been, allways will be.

I love how we're talked down to so well by you.

Roddy said:
I love how we're talked down to so well by you.

Believe what you want....I am still rockin' bro. I speak no lies.....

The truth of the matter is the Gov't will always find a way to crap in our cheerio's

NorCalHal said:
Believe what you want....I am still rockin' bro. I speak no lies.....

Never called you a liar, I don't pretend to know what you do or don't!

ozzydiodude said:
The truth of the matter is the Gov't will always find a way to crap in our cheerio's

Sometimes, every once and a blue moon, they slip up and give us what we want.....miracles do happen!! :D

IMO they are just giving ppl enough rope to hang theirself with. Their thinking is we'll let the ppl get to know it helps them, then we'll put mj under the big pharm Co control.

Ok new thought.......

TOTAL legalization would take marijuana out of pharmaceutical control. In other words if marijuana was completely legal there would no longer be "medical marijuana". If you take the need for a prescription out of the equation, then pharmacetuical companies will not get involved. It would be like Pfizer growing and selling tobacco.

I don't see how big pharma can take control. The power of a pharmaceutical company lies within the patent and the trademark, i.e. the creation and ownership of a drug formula. When a pharmaceutical company creates a drug that is approved by the FDA, they are usually given a period of time with the drug before other companies are allowed to make "generic" drugs that are the same. But this could not happen with marijuana. No pharmaceutical company is going to ever be able to patent THC. Sure, they patent strains, but no company is going to be able to patent marijuana.
So let's say a drug company creates a new drug to combat something like.....HIV. The drug could have massive side effects and even cause the deaths of a few people, but doctors would still prescribe it and patients would still take it because it is the best drug for their medical issue. The drug company can even charge whatever they want for the drug because they are the only ones that produce the drug. This could never happen with MJ because there is never going to be only one company producing MJ. If MJ was legalized there would be hundreds of companies trying to get involved. If anything this would create an increase in variety/quality as well as a decrease in price as companies competed with one another. HOORAY FOR CAPITALISM!

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Ok new thought.......

TOTAL legalization would take marijuana out of pharmaceutical control. In other words if marijuana was completely legal there would no longer be "medical marijuana". If you take the need for a prescription out of the equation, then pharmacetuical companies will not get involved. It would be like Pfizer growing and selling tobacco.

I don't see how big pharma can take control. The power of a pharmaceutical company lies within the patent and the trademark, i.e. the creation and ownership of a drug formula. When a pharmaceutical company creates a drug that is approved by the FDA, they are usually given a period of time with the drug before other companies are allowed to make "generic" drugs that are the same. But this could not happen with marijuana. No pharmaceutical company is going to ever be able to patent THC. Sure, they patent strains, but no company is going to be able to patent marijuana.
So let's say a drug company creates a new drug to combat something like.....HIV. The drug could have massive side effects and even cause the deaths of a few people, but doctors would still prescribe it and patients would still take it because it is the best drug for their medical issue. The drug company can even charge whatever they want for the drug because they are the only ones that produce the drug. This could never happen with MJ because there is never going to be only one company producing MJ. If MJ was legalized there would be hundreds of companies trying to get involved. If anything this would create an increase in variety/quality as well as a decrease in price as companies competed with one another. HOORAY FOR CAPITALISM!

-SSF-

This is a good thought, but the problem is it wont happen, they wont ever go for full leagalization, they will just expand MMJ, and Big Pharma will be able to control it, like alcohol, you can legally buy it, but dont you dare make your own.

"big pharm"... won't 'farm'..:p it will be reduced to a synthetic form produced in a lab..
and I believe you "can" make your own booze if you like. But you can't produce and sell it without proper licensing.

i was thinking still, to produce booze, i dont think thats legal, but i've been wrong b4, alot.

My main point was if big pharma has a say, full legalization wont be on the table, federal MMJ will be what they are after.

beer 'n wine only I guess...:(
So I wonder if that means they still might allow growing autos???...:rofl:.. J/K...:p

When most people think of illegal liquor, they conjure up images of Prohibition-era bathtub gin or jugs of moonshine labeled "XXX." You might not be aware that even today, it's against the law to concoct any distilled alcoholic beverage at home without obtaining a permit and paying taxes on all distilled alcohol produced.

Stills

You are allowed to own a still without a permit, provided you are only manufacturing distilled water or essential oils. To distill alcohol for running farm equipment or other devices, you still have to have a permit for operating the machine, although you will not have to pay taxes on the alcohol you produce. Be aware that if you are purchasing a still and state that you plan to use it for products other than alcohol, the seller may still be required to give your name, address and equipment purchased to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
Obtaining a License

To legally distill liquor, you will need to fill out a lengthy application for a license, post a bond, have approved equipment, produce extensive records and file timely reports. You will also be subject to a special tax on every bottle of liquor you produce. For more information on these requirements, view the regulations on the TTB website in the document 27 CFR Part 19, which is listed in the resources section below. For distilling alcohol for farm use, you will still need all of the documentation but will not have to pay the special tax.
What You Can Brew

You are allowed to brew up to 100 gallons of wine or beer for personal consumption. If your household consists of two or more adults, that amount is raised to 200 gallons per year. You do not need a permit or license to home brew wine or beer, nor will you be required to pay tax.
Penalties for Home Distillation of Liquor

Federal penalties are stiff when it comes to making unlawful liquor or other alcoholic beverages. If convicted of operating an illegal still, the maker may face penalties of up to $10,000, five years in prison or both.

A way around laws governing distillation of alcohol, put the wine or beer wort in your freezer. The liquid that does not freeze will be relatively high proof alcohol. Try it for yourself and see.

Hick said:
"big pharm"... won't 'farm'..:p it will be reduced to a synthetic form produced in a lab..
and I believe you "can" make your own booze if you like. But you can't produce and sell it without proper licensing.

:yeahthat:

no they wont, ppl smoke bud and thats what they will always want.

Big Pharma allready purchased land in Mendo......I don't think it is for producing pills........look it up.

I don't care what they've purchased, no need for me to "look it up"...
I don't believe for a minute big pharmaceuticals are going to grow mmj for patients. I just don't. I don't believe they will give up their "MO" of 'making their drugs' in a lab'. They operate under the pretense, that they can synthetically produce anything, better, cheaper, and within 'exact' parameters, than it can be produced naturally.

I find it hard to believe as well. They may be purchasing so they can grow for the purpose of testing and research.

Latest posts

Back