FED GOV...... bill to legalize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was privy to the proposal presented to the City of Oakland regarding the 4 major grow ops that the city wanted to let happen. A good friend was one of the engineers for the project.
This doesn't have to do with Big Pharma, but it has to do with the big $$ that will roll in when the Feds back off.

The plan was for a HUGE greenhouse set-up. Full venting, Full supplemental lighting, the whole 9 yards. All said and done, it would have been capable of producing 17,000 lbs every 60 days.....That is correct.
That was only ONE proposal.

Just think of the $$ that truly BIG companies will bring to the Industry.

I'm not preaching, I see the writing on the walls fellas. MJ as we know it will be changed forever.

This has been a HUGE conversation here in Cali with myself and others in the Industry. It is all bad.

Just look at ehat Miricle Grow did. It isn't just about Big Pharma....I guess I used that term too much, it's about BIG business.

Do you really think that Big Corp Business is going to look the other way at the biggest Industry in the USA? Cmon meow.

No, I expect them to embrace and follow....but that doesn't spell doom and gloom for me and my MJ...imho! This world is full of the can and can't do types...those who can, will provide for themselves. Those who can't will love those who can for them.

If you want to buy an ounce of herb and puff away and call it a day, then it's all good.
imo, Big Corp will have thier lobbyist create laws that will once again take away the growing rights of the citizenship. 7-10 years away if we are lucky to go that far.

I gotta say this also..........

This has been a great thread. I hope no feelers have been hurt. This is new to myself and everyone here on the boards. I DO value everyones opinion on this matter and I know I come off a little harsh, but I truly have MJ PASSION. It is my life and my love.

I may come off as another arrogant grower from cali, but I have been bleeding this Industry since the start, and I see what is happening.

I feel for the folks in other states more so that have no protection on the books what so ever and it is up to US to ensure that all is protected.

I try to give up to date info on what is happening in My State. It seems that alot of what happens out here trickles to the other States when it comes to herb.
Everything I say is based on conversations that I have with professionals in the Industry, and If you don't think there are Professionals in the Industry, you are mistaken. MAKES ME SICK. I have to deal with folks that don't even smoke herb, but are major players in MMJ. That is the way Herb is going to go. Controled by non-tokers.

NorCalHal said:
I gotta say this also..........

This has been a great thread. I hope no feelers have been hurt. This is new to myself and everyone here on the boards. I DO value everyones opinion on this matter and I know I come off a little harsh, but I truly have MJ PASSION. It is my life and my love.

I may come off as another arrogant grower from cali, but I have been bleeding this Industry since the start, and I see what is happening.

I feel for the folks in other states more so that have no protection on the books what so ever and it is up to US to ensure that all is protected.

I try to give up to date info on what is happening in My State. It seems that alot of what happens out here trickles to the other States when it comes to herb.
Everything I say is based on conversations that I have with professionals in the Industry, and If you don't think there are Professionals in the Industry, you are mistaken. MAKES ME SICK. I have to deal with folks that don't even smoke herb, but are major players in MMJ. That is the way Herb is going to go. Controled by non-tokers.

no foul nch... I don't think the thread would be attracting the amount of interest, or contrary thoughts and opinions, if we ALL weren't inflicted with THE PASSION..:)

NorCalHal said:
If you want to buy an ounce of herb and puff away and call it a day, then it's all good.
imo, Big Corp will have thier lobbyist create laws that will once again take away the growing rights of the citizenship. 7-10 years away if we are lucky to go that far.

:holysheep: :eek:
citizens with no growing rights?.. what ever will do then?
*probably what most of us with no growing rights do now eh? ;)

i don't disagree with your thoughts on the big corps just salivating to take full control of marijuana (look at ganster rap as an example.. no record company would touch it.. so it went underground.. then got real big. lots of money to be made so then the big record companies jumped all over it (and destroyed it IMO)

they only care about their wallets, we know that (but so do a lot of current "caregivers")
i don't doubt for one second they want full control.. of course they do.
but that's not the issue here.
this started as talk about a bill, that stated we could still grow our own.
to which you started that this is a horrible idea.

now we've gone totally away from talking about that bill (which i agree was never going to come to fruition) into the negative what-if's of possible marijuana reform.

i'm sorry, yeah any new rules/laws probably wouldn't be perfect.. but the status quo is (and i think you'd admit) completely unjust.

*and no worries here.. i like a good heated discussion. as long as it stays mature and civil :)
i live in my own little world sometimes, so gathering opposing views is good ;)

NorCalHal said:
You cats are funny. The world is full of sheep.........

Jusy remember what I wrote....all bad within 10 years.
So, for me, I am STOKED that it is going to get legalized Federally. I am setting myself up to retire FAT. Don't get me wrong, I support it fully.

But it is still a BAD thing, you will see. But I knew it was coming.

Some folks can't see the forest thru the trees.

It will be legalized and fully brought into mainstream business. It will revitilize the whole USA. From retail outlets to the steel industry that will machine tools for Hemp plantations and huge indoor/outdoor grows. Everyone will have ties to the industry and it will create more jobs then you can imagine.

Hmmm, that is an ego, you seem to know everything, but do your ears hears what your lips are saying? Read your last paragraph... ^
That sounds like a good thing to me...

I don't care if big pharm, the gov, or anybody else comes in...

Why, if it's legal I'll still do what I'm doing or maybe just run down to the "Big Pharm" store and buy some dank at a reasonable price as there will be a lot of competition to keep it that way.
I don't care what you are privy to, you are one person who talks to us as sheep etc. and frankly I'm tired of it... You don't have to be so condescending all the time -me,me,me,me,... light one and chill please.

If you are going to do so well and be "fat" why worry???

EDIT PS It's nice that you almost said sorry for being arrogant etc but that's after us reading all those "other" posts...it's like getting hit in the head and then you say sorry... but do it again :)

sheep??.. we have sheep?..:hubba: :hubba: :hubba:
a totally 'different' passion!..:rofl:

You are correct New Girl, it is a good thing overall.
My point of veiw is simple. It is like the guy who has a small thrift stroe and Wal-Mart moves in next door. Sad. Greater good? Maybe. (as long as production stays in the USA)

Think of me what you want, not arrogence....confidence. Not condenscending....educating.....

I think I have hit the nail on the head everytime wehn it comes to MMJ and where it is going. Again, I live it. It's not a hobby, it's my profession.
Not bragging, I just woke up and decided to live what each and everyone of you think about, working and operating a legal MMJ biz.

My rants are based on the MMJ Biz, not the ability to toke up. If it was just about tokin' up, there would be no discussion.

So, don't hate....appreciate.

Hick said:
sheep??.. we have sheep?..:hubba: :hubba: :hubba:
a totally 'different' passion!..:rofl:

Shoot, I forgot we have Coloradians here.....

NorCalHal said:
You are correct New Girl, it is a good thing overall.
My point of veiw is simple. It is like the guy who has a small thrift stroe and Wal-Mart moves in next door. Sad. Greater good? Maybe. (as long as production stays in the USA)

Think of me what you want, not arrogence....confidence. Not condenscending....educating.....

I think I have hit the nail on the head everytime wehn it comes to MMJ and where it is going. Again, I live it. It's not a hobby, it's my profession.
Not bragging, I just woke up and decided to live what each and everyone of you think about, working and operating a legal MMJ biz.

My rants are based on the MMJ Biz, not the ability to toke up. If it was just about tokin' up, there would be no discussion.

So, don't hate....appreciate.

Educators are people looked up to, appreciated for their passing on of info. Why? Most find a way to do so in an educating yet friendly manner...not talking down to and belittling the "sheep"....

It is SOOOOO hard for me to find words to describe what I see happening without sounding like an @$$.
I sincerally do not like touting Cali all the time too, but we are making change everyday, every court case.
Just over the last 12 months ( A VERY short time in the scheme of things), I have seen an unprecedented change in how MMJ is looked at. It is finally being looked at as a Business and not "dispensaries selling herb to so called sick people".
We have realized that it is not going away. It is being embraced by everyday folks and lawmakers.

I just think that other states are still a few years away from this.

Alot of you know me from the boards here and know that I used to be SUPER active on the forums, but have kinda departed the last 12 months or so. It is because I feel empowered, and hopefully someday, you all will too.

I started my own collective and operate legally under Cali State Law. Once you take the plunge and come out from the Shadows of home growing, it is a different monster to sday the least.

When folks ask me what I do, I tell them the truth. When the guy at Home Depot asks me what project I am working on, I tell them the truth.
Empowered.

I get to call professional Alarm people to come wire up grows. No more hiding.

That's amazing to me.

Gotta quote Harborside here...."Out of the Shadows.....into the light".

Whole new meaning. I hope one day you can all feel like this too.

Roddy said:
Educators are people looked up to, appreciated for their passing on of info. Why? Most find a way to do so in an educating yet friendly manner...not talking down to and belittling the "sheep"....

Your bad for considering yourself a sheep. That was meant for non tokers bro....not folks on the boards.

I could quote where you posted that to me directly.....

Neither here nor there though, just saying....

Wyoming is always stealin' our gal's...:mad:

sheepdate.jpg

I just woke up and decided to live what each and everyone of you think about, working and operating a legal MMJ biz.

If they make it med legal here...i'll still probably be a "moonshiner" of pot. It's my calling I guess. Yes it would be nice to not have that "fear" but in a way I like being bad. So I'm torn...bureaucracy, red tape, and rules....or outlaw and my own rules.
I'd go legit if someone that needed meds needed me too...until then. screw their permits. Just a damn weed and I won't be happy until they recognize no govt. has the right to stop the growth of a plant. PERIOD. whether it's poppy,cacti, mushies, coca plant, or weed. It isn't for man to say "this can thrive this has to be eradicated". I will preserve certain species under the threat of confinement to ensure that there will always be a "survivor".

Mutt said:
If they make it med legal here...i'll still probably be a "moonshiner" of pot. It's my calling I guess. Yes it would be nice to not have that "fear" but in a way I like being bad. So I'm torn...bureaucracy, red tape, and rules....or outlaw and my own rules.
I'd go legit if someone that needed meds needed me too...until then. screw their permits. Just a damn weed and I won't be happy until they recognize no govt. has the right to stop the growth of a plant. PERIOD. whether it's poppy,cacti, mushies, coca plant, or weed. It isn't for man to say "this can thrive this has to be eradicated". I will preserve certain species under the threat of confinement to ensure that there will always be a "survivor".

I will toast to that......:D

Latest posts

Back