FED GOV...... bill to legalize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis said:
I will toast to that......:D
honestly.. it is/was a breath of fresh air to 'feel' immune to persecution/prosecution to any extent.
I sure don't want 'my right' to provide for myself legislated and litigated away now.
I won't 'caregive' for anyone now. I'm trying to help a cpl of folks 'provide for themselves'. But one just can't remember and follow directioons, and the other is too far away for me to check on often. They're struggling. And I'm frustrated.
And I don't pretend to have the answers :eek:

I should point out too, that a 'lot' of things nch has said in the past concerning CA, has been pretty close.
The competition has been 'good' for both quality and prices here. I don't frequent the stores, but I see ads in numerous papers, mag's touting $200 oz. Some for as many as 35 different strains. Only two years ago, all were averaging $400, 'top shelf' :rolleyes: more often $600. Many of the 'unsavory' characters were weeded out.
I don't see what is going on here now, as an advancement.
and we have ventured far from the 'op' haven't we.

Which was.....legalization!!!

Hick, you once said you preferred decriminalization, what's the difference??

Roddy said:
Which was.....legalization!!!

Hick, you once said you preferred decriminalization, what's the difference??

I believe decrim just means no jail time....fines like traffic tickets and what not. Not sure because my state sucks and it does not look like it will get better here anytime in the near or distant future.

Hamster Lewis said:
I believe decrim just means no jail time....fines like traffic tickets and what not. Not sure because my state sucks and it does not look like it will get better here anytime in the near or distant future.

They try Decrim here once in awhile, HL got it, less penalties or smaller fines and most importantly, no criminal record, and small quantities like under 8-10 grams are no offence, thats atleast what it means here.

If the feds would adopt the way we have it in Michigan right now, I would be happy as all get out! Ability to grow for yourself, can carry a good amount....all good!

Hick said:
honestly.. it is/was a breath of fresh air to 'feel' immune to persecution/prosecution to any extent.
I sure don't want 'my right' to provide for myself legislated and litigated away now.
I won't 'caregive' for anyone now. I'm trying to help a cpl of folks 'provide for themselves'. But one just can't remember and follow directioons, and the other is too far away for me to check on often. They're struggling. And I'm frustrated.
And I don't pretend to have the answers :eek:

I should point out too, that a 'lot' of things nch has said in the past concerning CA, has been pretty close.
The competition has been 'good' for both quality and prices here. I don't frequent the stores, but I see ads in numerous papers, mag's touting $200 oz. Some for as many as 35 different strains. Only two years ago, all were averaging $400, 'top shelf' :rolleyes: more often $600. Many of the 'unsavory' characters were weeded out.
I don't see what is going on here now, as an advancement.
and we have ventured far from the 'op' haven't we.
Amen brother!!!!! :yeahthat:
sounds like someone misses being an outlaw ;)
thing is it's the whole "gettin caught" thing that got us here.
If it didn't matter....then what? probably only the ones that loved it grew it or bought it and it would fade into the night like "no doze" is to speed. Do kids toke it to be cool or toke it because they love it? If it's no harm then how is it a foul?. Comes down to personal choice....and anything short we are denying ourselves the reality of what is right and settling for 2nd best. I can understand 18- rule. totally acceptable as a measure of public safety. but crap...i don't want it "regulated" I want it to be what it is...a stupid freakin plant that grows well in fields during full sun.
I want NorCalHal to have a job in this biz to supply the peeps that don't wanna grow. I wanna be the guy thats smaller and has a special pheno that is in a "reserve jar" that people only wished they had. but that is "free market"
man i'm rambling...stupid maker's mark...
Thanks Hick...truly great post.

The only thing that worries me is that they will have more time and money to focus on us smaller growers...

Mutt said:
Amen brother!!!!! :yeahthat:
sounds like someone misses being an outlaw ;)
thing is it's the whole "gettin caught" thing that got us here.
If it didn't matter....then what? probably only the ones that loved it grew it or bought it and it would fade into the night like "no doze" is to speed. Do kids toke it to be cool or toke it because they love it? If it's no harm then how is it a foul?. Comes down to personal choice....and anything short we are denying ourselves the reality of what is right and settling for 2nd best. I can understand 18- rule. totally acceptable as a measure of public safety. but crap...i don't want it "regulated" I want it to be what it is...a stupid freakin plant that grows well in fields during full sun.
I want NorCalHal to have a job in this biz to supply the peeps that don't wanna grow. I wanna be the guy thats smaller and has a special pheno that is in a "reserve jar" that people only wished they had. but that is "free market"
man i'm rambling...stupid maker's mark...
Thanks Hick...truly great post.

Of course full legalization without limitation would be awesome, maybe some day.....

And yeah, it would be a shame if Hal couldn't put that beautiful warehouse to good use, free market would be nice!

hey, it's ok to have differing points of view. it's what makes us unique from one another. if we all agreed on the consensus, we'd be pretty boring conversationists. to want something dont mean we'll get it. and if we do, its never the way we imagined it would be. it never is. ;)

:48: mutt put me down as an outlaw........ I wanna get high on my terms not DC's.

Grower13 said:
:48: mutt put me down as an outlaw........ I wanna get high on my terms not DC's.

I'm really hoping my terms and DC's terms are similar.....I can't afford to be an outlaw, too much at risk!

Well here in Indiana something would be better then what we have now,which is nothing but jail time.No mm laws no decrim,just jail and fines and loss of livlehood.I understand some of the points being made,but if you have nothing then something is better then none.Just my opinion.I for one amd doing all I can to support this bill HR2306.I know what its like to be busted,Im doing 12 months probation almost done with 6 months in home detention at 120 a week.No smoking,no alcohol just doing time for 18 months,the only light at the end of the rainbow is if I get thru my probation without any trouble then this felony will be removed from my record,and I will be able to get a job again.
So what is being proposed for Indiana is a godsend,but we all know it stands a snowballs chance in hell of passing and getting signed by prez bama
I would be happy to see medical get passed or decrimed here,but the ppl in power will not allow that even.So we just go on getting throwed in jail for non violent possession charges,losing our jobs becoming wards of the state and having a record for life,sounds like a good plan to me.(that last remark was meant to be sarcastic)Not inflammatory.Seems like we just need to see if it even gets out of the gate before we start anything.Yes I agree I think big pharma will put their dirty finger in the pie.

Roddy said:
I'm really hoping my terms and DC's terms are similar.....I can't afford to be an outlaw, too much at risk!

The Fed bill really has no "terms", all it will do is allow the States to govern themselves with thier exsisting MMJ laws.

I think it is the hemp market which will see the most attention by the states and the goverment if the law is passed, because billions opon billions of dollars will eventually come from the vast agricultural resurgance this country will experance. Not only the ag side of the market, but the manufactureing side as well, will see a boom in the flow of income due to the unlimited uses the plant has. Great fortunes will be made and lost by the chioces made in the years after hemp becomes legal again, but far more people will profit from the boom than will not, and I don't believe that big business will care as much about someone that is growing a few plants in their house, as they would about someome with a few acers planted. IMO

SensiStarFan said:
republicans dont control the house buddy. They control the senate. And in case you missed it the bill is being introduced by a republican and a democrat

-SSF-

Actually, it's the other way around. Republicans control the House while Harry Reid and the Dems control the Senate. But that's neither here nor there. What IS important is that someone, finally, is trying to move forward. Remember the old Chinese proverb: The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Yep, it's a start. Nothing is going to happen with this bill, but at least the elephant in the living room has been noticed.

I'd like to see something like they did with homebrew. It was illegal, then it wasn't with a IIRC 200 gallon/year limit, and absolutely no way to check on said limit. LOL

At first, it was big business, everybody wanted to brew their own. Then, they found out it involved a fair amount of work, or at least attention to details, and wasn't inexpensive to craft a decent brew. More than Bud, but usually less than most imports.

Along came the micro-brewers, the NCH's of beer. LOL Now the ones with more $$$$ than time or inclination, could get finely crafted beer without having to make it.

What was left were the people who really enjoyed crafting their own brew, to their exact taste and enjoying the process.

Sounds a lot like MMJ growers doesn't it?

Wet

One bite at a time,,and we can eat the whole elephant,,just gonna be alot of Crap in between.

Latest posts

Back