Feds are raiding left and right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thg we would not, but we also live in a country that is by most standards way better off than most. And the fact that our country was made to be a place for all ppl to come better their lives.

ChewbacaKz said:
Speaking of what this country was founded on, u wanna keep pot but not ppl on search of a better life? That is very sad.
There is a legal way to enter this country. The illegal immigrants pouring into our nation, are taking up jobs that unemployed Americans are trying to find, simply because they will work for less. They are one of the reason's our economy is in the hole that it is in now.

-nasty

The Hemp Goddess said:
I do not find it sad at all. We as a country cannot just keep allowing the influx of illegal immigrants over the borders. If they want to enter our country legally and be a constructive part of society, that is okay. Jumping "the fence" and entering illegally--no way. Would any law abiding citizen in the US believe that it was okay to enter Canada this way?

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

THG said:
Jumping "the fence" and entering illegally--no way. Would any law abiding citizen in the US believe that it was okay to enter Canada this way?

I don't know about jumping the fence, but I maybe about to start swimming.:)

ChewbacaKz said:
No thg we would not, but we also live in a country that is by most standards way better off than most. And the fact that our country was made to be a place for all ppl to come better their lives.

And they can....it just needs to be done legally. I cannot imagine that you are in favor of just opening our borders and letting anyone and everyone in...

If they wish to come, they should do so legally. Not doing this means they are a burden on all of us legit Americans who are now left footing the bills in many cases. If this continues, we will soon be in worse shape than many countries that are trying to come here.....

Someone wrote this on p.1 of this thread:

"I do have to admit that personally a TON of those 140 are super sketchy ghetto little settups."

That - obviously - is the reason for the Federal foray into what were once accepted and legitimate businesses.

Me, I am all for sorting the wheat from the chaff. Sketchy is not good. Professional is.

My two drachmas,

Word, I said that. Not saying they didn't follow protocol. Well, the few I've gone to and never returned. From the rest of that same post I said, I said that. And said it is not a good way to "advertise" the cause with thug looking young dudes hitting bowls in the lobby in your add in a magazine! Yeah, that looks great to the already anti people. The current spot I go is super professional. I hope the backdoor city council deal gets blocked for San Jose. Tomorrow is the day all dispensaries are supposed to close the doors, yet I've still received emails from the one I go to about new arrivals. Not sure whats going on, honestly. Haven't really had the need to go in since harvest ;)

i've always said that favor fortunes the bold. i'd bet this is merely a scare tactic to clean up the system. look, it's already worked in the feds favor like a match in a tinder box.

apparently tax payers have had enough of the wanton carelessness of rogue dispensaries in thier neighborhoods, and prefer to force regulation to clean up thier corners and make living more safer/cleaner for thier children.

i know i wouldnt want my kid looking at this as an easy life style to get ahead in life, over an education. now heres a bone, if mj advocates would start running ads geared towards young teens, and help them improve thier districts through these dispensaries, i believe it would be a good step at winning the peoples trust back. the message; 'we'll help, not hinder your education through awareness, and betterment programs'...

what exactly are the dispensaries doing for thier communities besides providing a service to score mj, and mj related products?

you have to work internally with the system already in place to make it better, not worse off, for the entire community. as it stands now, our neighborhoods are falling apart, when we can make a difference if someone stands up with an actual plan to better them, instead of the 'me me me' mindset taking place.

thats my opinion. in all the years california has had thier system in place, and fought to keep it there, what else was done in that time to make anything better for thier communities as a whole unit?

someone with such a plan i'm speaking of, will earn the favor of thier peers, and thier community. would be very hard for a fed op to tear that down i believe...you gotta walk the talk, and be sincere at it, or you are just another statistic...

favor fortunes the bold...:cool:

getnasty said:
There is a legal way to enter this country. The illegal immigrants pouring into our nation, are taking up jobs that unemployed Americans are trying to find, simply because they will work for less. They are one of the reason's our economy is in the hole that it is in now.

-nasty

I think you have it *** backwards friend. The agricultural industry is the only industry that gets a pass on fair labor laws. They are not required to pay overtime for time over 8 hours/day. There is not a minimum wage requirement. This is because we are soft on employers and hard on employees. This creates a scared and easily exploitable workforce. Crack down on Tyson Chicken, etc.. for their recruitment of illegals, etc... and you will begin to see change. Incidentally, have you read the news lately in Alabama where they began cracking down on illegals? They've lost at least 20% of their tomato crop this year and now must seriously re-think their strategy on illegal imigration. My solution would be to enforce fair labor laws and prosecute both employer and employees alike. With a decent wage you might actually get some Americans wanting those jobs.

My son picked peppers and pumpkins this year, his bosses were Mexican and spoke no English...hmmmmm They paid him $8/hr

Straycat said:
I think you have it *** backwards friend. The agricultural industry is the only industry that gets a pass on fair labor laws. They are not required to pay overtime for time over 8 hours/day. There is not a minimum wage requirement. This is because we are soft on employers and hard on employees. This creates a scared and easily exploitable workforce. Crack down on Tyson Chicken, etc.. for their recruitment of illegals, etc... and you will begin to see change. Incidentally, have you read the news lately in Alabama where they began cracking down on illegals? They've lost at least 20% of their tomato crop this year and now must seriously re-think their strategy on illegal imigration. My solution would be to enforce fair labor laws and prosecute both employer and employees alike. With a decent wage you might actually get some Americans wanting those jobs.

IMO that 20% loss is nothing more than a pile of liberal propaganda. I LIVE in a farming area, community and with the unemployment where it is, there is NO issue finding "legal" laborers..... NONE.
Georgia's unemployment rate us above the national average, at 10.8% and a full 2 points above ours in Co at 8.5%. If they lost their crops, it was because they wanted to. Insurance will pay for the loss, and it can be used, just as you used it. As propaganda against states "at least" doing SOMETHING about the plague of "illegal immigration"..
But I will agree with cracking down on the 'employers' not just employees. Years back when I was more deeply involved in the industry, they came with temporary work visas. They came, they picked crops, they went home and lived off of their small fortunes. Today they are in the skilled trades. Construction, masonry, fabrication, ect, and they are allowed "without" visas or documentation. Is it 'their' fault?.. Not hardly. If they are allowed to work without work visas or being citizens, of course they are going to take advantage of it.
European countries frown on illegal entry into their countries, but their penalties are a little more humane. In Italy[/URL], illegal immigrants face a $13,000 fine, and you can bet that if they don’t have the money to pay, they get to stay and work it off. In France[/URL], illegal immigrants either have to pay a $5000 fine or spend up to a year in prison or possibly both. In England[/URL], they can be fined up to 10,000 pounds. Once again, you can bet that in both of these countries any offender not having the money to pay the fine will get the chance to work it off.

but we're straying pretty far "OFF TOPIC" with a political discussion. Can we guide it back to MJ PLEASE. ;)

All I can say about da Illegal Aliens is Cali would rot under tons of produce and nuts if they didn't come here and work. Sad but True. Ain't no white boy pickin' grapes my friends.

CA unemployment rate..12.2%...:confused2: and :rofl:...

NorCalHal said:
All I can say about da Illegal Aliens is Cali would rot under tons of produce and nuts if they didn't come here and work. Sad but True. Ain't no white boy pickin' grapes my friends.

And if he did he would want 20 bucks an hour, so grapes would be 300 dollars a bunch, and dont even get me started on what the price of lettuce would be:p

Back to the original topic, San Jose collectives got 50,000 signatures to get a referendum. Dispensaries still open! WOO!

As to the other topic. Get paid 80 bucks to work the fields for a full day, citizens arent doing. They wont plain and simple. The saddest contributor is all of "us". We want our cake and to eat it too. Either it stays the way it is, and we get our "low cost" product, or we pull out our wallets and pay $6 a head of lettuce, instead of $1.99, to have it picked by a legal citizen making more $ than the immigrant.

*edit*HAHAHAHAHA, posted the same time dman. Exactly my thoughts

Latest posts

Back