"Female Growers Group"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbud

Reaction score
Hello, I am tcbud and while gardening this summer three or four women here started talking about starting a "Female Growers Group" here at MP. With SmokingMoms help we got the group formed. It came to my attention yesterday that I must accept or deny membership in this group. I had no idea, and wish to appologize again to the women who waited so long to become members.

As of now we have no agenda for the group beyond being woman as members. If you would like to join please do so in the group memberships part of this site. If you are male and wish to join I wont stop you but as I said, it is a Womans group. Somehow Painterdude became a member without my accepting him, so he is IN the group and wishes to stay.

I will in future try to stay on top of accepting members.
Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions about what we can do with this group (beyond recognizing women as growers) give me a PM and we can talk. I think a forum would be a good start, but as I am new to this, I have not approached MP on this yet.

Thanks for your time.
tcbud :D

Hey tc, I know I haven't been much help, sorry about that.

But what exactly happens when we become a member of the female growers group? There's not a forum just for us, so I don't understand the benefit.

If a forum was created, I could see the men saying, "Where's the mens group". :rolleyes:

Just trying to get a feel of what its all supposed to be about.

;)

Thats just silly!!!!

Why dont we make a "Mens Growers Group" and totally speerate the forum.

Just out of curiosity what as women growers would you talk about that would not benefit the rest of us. This is a "Growing forumn" ....

Pretty sexist if you ask me.....Been here a long time and really dont like the direction this forum is taking.....

While we are at it why dont we create a catholic growers group, and a muslim growers group, and a homosexual growers group, the list is endless.....:rolleyes:

I wouldn't have a problem with the ladies having their own forum. I know how you gals like to talk without us listening sometimes:D. How many female growers are here on the forums?
Been here a long time and really dont like the direction this forum is taking.
I've seen other forums do similar things for the female growers...it didn't result in a catastrophic demise of the forum:D.

I guess the group reccognizes women as growers. As I said, a few of us started talking about it last summer. One comment was "the men dont beleive I am female and I can grow". So, I saw the group memberships and started asking you questions about it. I asked the women I was talking to if they would join, and if they were interested, they said yes......
so here we are
not sure where to go past just the reccognition of growing and being female.
I did think a thread of buds/plants grown by women might be fun. Other than that, I also have no idea where this group is going. But "getting there is half the fun" I always say. Where ever "there" is.

Unfortunately, we all do live in a male dominated society.

I refuse to be a part of gender roles, but I would like to encourage females to grow as much as possible.

In Santa Cruz we have Wamm. First time I have ever seen woman go before man in ANY title.

Thats just the point SM. I thought this was a "Marijuana Growing forumn" If you get a stab or two because of a comment you made get over it....its a forum, if you think that men dont take stabs at each other on things like that your wrong. I can list out tons of comments that men have said then taken heat over.... Its all in fun i assure you and part of being in a community.....I would hope "everyone" and not just MEN understad this....

So now because a woman got a little flack over her time of month comment which she introduced into a forumn women want thier own space? Femminisim at its finest i tell you....

Okay, Not SEXIST at all!
The group is open to men if they want to join
look at the membership
Painterdude is a member, he says he is male.

I believe I said in the first post, I would not stop men from joining.

AND we do NOT have a forum for women, just thinking of asking MP about forming one. Have NOT approached him yet about it. And if there is objections to it, as I see, I prolly wont even ask.

and....
along lines of discrimination
Bong hitters club
dont you have to show a pic of a bong to join?????
lol....
remember we are here for fun...anyway I am.
wont be arguing with anyone,
have to go do some "womens work" now
lol....
got company comming for the holiday....
Happy Thanksgiving to all.....

Okay so my question is......and im about to piss off all the ladies but it has to be said....

So being a "Female" grower is different than a "Man" grower and the women want recognition for such??????:holysheep:

How does you being female rate special recognition and me as a man does not?

No manhood is not threatened in the least bit.... Just find it interesting that women want special recognition....

You want to keep in true frm for the forum,,, recognize ALL growers and not single out the sexes.....Female growers can do just as well if not better than any man here.....

So wait... you want a group called "Female Growers Group" and you dont care if men join? Whats the point?

I gotta agree with new2chronic on this one. Why do people choose to segregate themselves? I don't really care one way or another, but whenever a group who wants to be treated as equals start there "Own" groups, that defeats the purpose. There is no harm done here, because you obviously invited males to join as weel. But personally, don't take this the wrong way, but this looks like a "Look at me! I'm a girl!" type of thing.

Before I go, I dont seem to be able to thank anyone for their post's in this thread.
So I would like to thank everyone here for their input and comments.

We could always make you the mascot New 2...hows that sound?

(just trying to make light here. :p)

All the more power to ya'll. I think the thought of a female grower is hot! Never met one in person, look forward to the day. Do whatever makes ya'll happy. I would hope this idea doesn't start unnecessary drama. It's not like ya'll (i keep saying ya'll because i don't want to say you guys) are going to plot or do anything negative, just a club like the BHC that is inclusive to ya'll. Maybe something in your signature to distinguish yourself. I don't know i don't see any harm, and i think being that 98% of us are men it would be silly to get up in arms and want "a guys club". Good luck and have fun. Just my opinion though.

I know i;m notorious about saying dude.
but...hate to say it growing is like nascar male dominant hobby :p
be proud your a woman and grows :D
most of us dudes would be ecstatic about having our other 1/2 to be as into growing as we are. :D
be proud of being a feminine grower. :farm: your few and far between ;)
prolly check out this thread more so than other grow journals just becuase its all the women showing there skills off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back