Feminized vs. Autoflowering?/!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to just grow some decent smoke. Not to sell, just to use for a while and enjoy my hard work. I don't know if you know the 50 an eight club but that's what I've smoked a few times better I was not in the right condition to appreciate it. You have to ride the dragon sometimes. Do you think that a common sense intelligent person can home grow a good auto better that what you buy? I don't smoke schwag.
WDF

mmm nice to see you around wdf there are various opinions on autos dealing with potency size and being able to clone and things like that. Really i do truly believe its all opinion I have smoked autos that easily hung with some 12/12 strains out there. Now there are also different aspects dealing with the different plants. I have never had a autoflowering plant hermi on me just the way it is i have never had it happen it may happen and i assume it does but till this day has not happened to me. I am on a 12/12 run and was without light for a few days and I have checked all plants and out of five females it seems one did hermi on me and these are 12/12 genetics like i said not saying one is better than the other because i do love both and both are alot of fun for me to grow. But can you grow really nice nugs with autos and have a fun time doing it oh yea man hope this helps you a bit. :)

Yeah I am happy with good nugs, the finest will have to wait till I get a full time job. I'm starting school in this spring. If I run autos or good bag I can dial in my other ends ie, nutes, soil, lighting.
Thanks
WDF

I recommend going with photoperiod seeds, too. Understand that the only thing that makes the cannabis flower with any kind of light schedule is because quality sativa and indica strains have been crossed with ruderalis, basically ditch weed with little to no THC or other cannabinoids. You simply will not get the potency or the yield from autos that you will get from photoperiod seeds. I think this is more important when growing in a small space than a large one. With az small space and only 1-2 plants, you are going to want the best producing and the best potency you can get.

I have grown out several autos through the years that I have gotten as freebies. I have never been the slightest impressed with anything when compared with reg plants.

Thanks for the information. Quick=ehh . . .. , TLC=Goooooooood.
Do I got that about right?
WDF

mmm i do agree with thg though I have been growing for years and still havent cloned a plant yet because most of my grows were af's so 12/12 would train you how to do things right from the get go but nothing wrong with an auto here or there lol :)

Yeah I am happy with good nugs, the finest will have to wait till I get a full time job. I'm starting school in this spring. If I run autos or good bag I can dial in my other ends ie, nutes, soil, lighting.
Thanks
WDF

Actually, the finest will have to wait until you have experience under your belt--even the best equipment on earth will not produce dank unless the person growing knows what they are doing. While your equipment is very important, nothing can take the place of knowledge and experience. Conversely, even with the best equipment and tons of knowledge you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. In other words to get dank, you have to start with quality genetics. Right now, as you are just learning, we are trying to help you make your grow as fruitful as possible.

Running autos and dialing in your room do not exactly go hand in hand. Autos only live a specific amount of time. Any stress, anything that is not right in your growing space will affect the potency and the yield. Unlike photoperiod plants you do not have the luxury of time to correct mistakes and get the plant healthy again. Are you happy with buying new seeds every grow?

With bagseed, you take the chance (and they are great) of getting hermies and having a totally harvest totally seeded with worthless seeds.

When you consider the options, buying good genetics is well worth it. If you decide on going with autos, learn everything you can about growing them as they do not like stress.

Latest posts

Back