First closet grow with bag seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCBUDZ420

Legalize
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought i'd try growing one plant for starters, see how it turns out.Fingers crossed for female. My plant is currently 30 days old, I am using two 26w cool white cfls, Alltreat Farms premium flowering soil, and a lil Plant Prod fert. Any advice, comments, questions would be greatly appreciated. I love this site!:D

BCBUDZ420 said:
Hey everyone, just thought i'd try growing one plant for starters, see how it turns out.Fingers crossed for female. The plants are currently 30 days old, I am using two 26w cool white cfls, Alltreat Farms premium flowering soil, and a lil Plant Prod fert. Any advice, comments, questions would be greatly appreciated. I love this site!:D
well first of all welcome to MP. two good luck with ur grow. i hope u will put up some pics soon. if u can. would love to see the critters. u say ur gonna try one plant? cause u say in ur post plants and they are 30 days old do u have more than one lol well anyways good luck hope to see ya around peace

Hey StickyBudz, yeah it's only one plant. Here it is.

one.JPG

two.JPG

three.JPG

pretty darn nice for only 2 26w. If you can, maybe even add a few more. Are you going to flower under cfls or will you be buying an hps?

Don't know what kinda strain it is, just had some seeds from a good bag a while ago. I am going to flower under soft white cfls just because this is my first ever grow, and I already have the lights.

If anyone has experience flowering with CFLs please give me a holler

BCBUDZ420 said:
Anyone know when alternating nodes start?

I normally see them after 4-6 weeks of veg time. Some strains show sooner, others later.

If anyone has experience flowering with CFLs please give me a holler

What ya wanna know? I've never used them as an only light source but have added them to a 150 or 250 hps grow.

For every 2 bulbs of 2200k I had, there was 1 around 5000k-6500k. You can go with only 2200k bulbs, but I like the mixed spectrum idea.

CFLs dont have good penetration into the canopy, maybe 4" at the best (meaning beyond 4" from the tip of the plant, you'll notice a real degradation in bud density). Techniques like LST, topping or SCROG make the most of the CFLs light and tend to produce larger harvests under them.

Thanks for the good info NDS. How many CFLs would be sufficient to get me through the flowering stage? What do you think of my plant so far, growing at a decent rate??

Two 2700k cfls should be more than enough for one plant.:)

noodles said:
Two 2700k cfls should be more than enough for one plant.:)

Hey Noodles, so you think two will be good enough for flowering? Do you grow with CFLs??

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
I think you're going to need a lot more 2700k cfls than just two of them. Otherwise your buds wont be nice and tight. DKM flowered with 8 27w cfls between 3 plants. Just to give you an idea. Check the link below to see his results. The more light you have the denser, tighter, and bigger your yield will be.

here's DKM's thread
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10952

Thanks for the reply, DKMs buds didn't look too shabby, quite nice actually. So I guess side lighting whith CFLs while flowering would be quite benificial?

Here's a couple more pics of Mary Jane (wishful thinking) at 33 days old. It's really starting to turn into quite the bush, lots of new growth coming out of the middle. It's currently 7 and a half inches tall, and has 9 nodes.

2.JPG

3.JPG

prety nice plant props to you and i flower with cfl and it work very well before hid lights your parents and mines usto grow with cfl and they usto produce them good weed

3patas said:
prety nice plant props to you and i flower with cfl and it work very well before hid lights your parents and mines usto grow with cfl and they usto produce them good weed

What kinda lights do you use when flowering, cool white, soft white, or mixed?

Thanks for replying so quickly 3 patas. How many grows have you done?

Latest posts

Back