First Grow Big Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

ms_1

2 1/2 weeks from germination. What do ya think?

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Looking real good! How deep are those pots? Nice work,,,,55

looking nice and healthy. how tall is it? how many do you have? what kind of light and soil do you use? thanks and keep the pics coming!

They are about 6" tall. (the pics are 2 different plants) The pots are 10" deep. I'm using a mixture of top soil, potting mix, sand (sterilized),peat, and manure. I water every other day with light (1/2 strength) ferts every 4th day. Currently under Fluoro.

Good lookin plant you got on the go there, keep up the good work.

Thanks all for the comments.
I figured that since this will be a grow journal, I'd let you know how I started.
I decided to only attempt to grow 2 seeds this time since it's my first. (not counting a terrible attempt to grow bag seeds once)
I germinated the seeds with the paper towel/plastic bag method on top of my cable box. Both seeds had 1/2 inch roots in a little over a full day. They went right into the current growing pots. I mixed top soil with fine chunks of peat, a bit of Miracle Grow potting mix, steer manure (weed and seed free), and plain old playground sand that I microwaved to kill anything in it. All this was mixed in a 10 gallon tub. I didn't use specific amounts, I just kept adding different ingredients until the soil was the right texture. The soil mix was added to the pots and set on the heat regiser to warm up a bit before I added the germinated seeds to prevent shock from going into cold soil.
I watered with regular water for 3 days when the leaves started to show. My water sits at room temp for a day to let it warm and to get rid of the small amount of chlorine in it. I have added Schulz 10-15-10 at 1/2 strength every fourth day. I will increase the nitrogen once I think the nutes in the manure have started to decline.

Grow area is flat white on 3 sides with a foil curtain on the side for access. The walls and lights can move to create more room when needed. Right now I'm only using 4 flouro tubes about 3" from the top of the plants. once I have to increase the size of the area for the size of the plants, I'll add more side fill lights (CFL). The area is in a basement and is about 75 degrees at the plants. Ventilation into the area is good and there is a gas furnace and gas water heater close by for good CO2. Am I missing anything?

oh yeah, I forgot to add that the plants already have good aroma!

Latest posts

Back