First grow!! Check me out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmmmmm..I use the "weight" method pretty much exclusively on 3 gal. and smaller containers. No fumbling around, just grab the top edge of the pot, and pick it up just enuff to check the weight.
It takes a li'l practice, but it is the quickest, easiest method I've found. About 20 seconds to check 20 containers.

Well I am sure all the methods have their own upsides and downsides so I'll just experiment and see which one works for me. Well any ways I also started some bag seed before went to bed. Just wanted to make sure that I have a full grow box. None of the original seeds have sprouted yet though i must say 2 of them look like they are expanding. Hopefully in a day or 2 they will be ready! :)

Well personally I'm not a fan of the weight method, mainly because you're constantly disturbing your plants, which I don't like. My main 'bash' is that depending on your grow setup, it simply may not be practical to be constantly lifting up each pot. I know when I've grown in my closets that it would be quite difficult to reach the plants in the back corners and lift them up without disturbing or possibly damaging the plants in front. Check out some of my old grow journals and you'll see what I mean, still got a few kicking around in the early days of the grow journals.

And yes rickhunt I've tried the weight method and of course it works, I'm simply playing the devil's advocate here. Just a matter of 2 roads getting to the same destination, and based on personal preference, your grow setup, and so on, each grower has to decide which method works best for him/her.

I can see how the easy access of a larger room would be better for the weigh method. My grow box will be slightly compact but maybe it will still work, who knows. Well anyways im out to work on the box and hopefully finish it off today or tomorrow. Will update later if I got it done and if so I will throw up some pics. I have a friend helping me put it to gether because I don't have any of the needed tools. So I have to go over there on his schedule. Well guys talk to you later.

EB

Well so far so good I am half way done with the box justr another couple hours till i am. Now mostly justw aitng for the lights and all that!

Latest posts

Back