First grow for a newby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is an update. They are now 16 days old. The blue berry in the green pot had a tuff start. It would be around 23 days old now. I cant believe how hard and fast the two are coming along in the white cups. They are white widow and Jack Herer.

I have observed some brown leaf tips on a couple of then, any advice?

P7280199.JPG

P7280200.JPG

P7280201.JPG

P7280203.JPG

P7280202.JPG

P7280204.JPG

P7280205.JPG

P7280206.JPG

It doesn't say on the box it came in however I did a search on the makers sit and they listed it at 250w Power Plant Envirogrow CFL Cool White Lamp - 6400k.

They seem to be growing fast under this light.

Stufart

You need a fan on them, regardless of how cool it is in your room or not the fan provides fresh air flow to the plants and helps develop thicker stems & thus more adequate nutrient & water absorption. Also, how much water are you giving them? Not giving them any nutes right? It's too early for that. For now that 250 w cfl light will work but i'm telling you it will not work for two plants, you're going to at the bare minimum need 7 or 8 of those lights. A convertable MH/HPS ballast system works the best, can get a 400 watter for around $150 shipped. You can do it with cfl lights, but it's very tedious and can become dangerous & a nuisance as well. I know from personal experience.

Thanks guys. I was giving them some seeweed extract but like half a teaspoon in around 1.2 liters of water. Only once a week while every other day its straight tank water. I was going to buy a 600 watt HPS light for the three plants, would that be a good way to go in the next week or two? Im like a deer in the headlights right now, Im panicking a bit seeing a few dead leaf tips. I really dont want to loose my babies before they have given up there green gold.

What size fan? I was thinking one of those small ones. They take up far less space than a larger one. I think they are around 6 inches in diameter.

Stufart said:
What size fan? I was thinking one of those small ones. They take up far less space than a larger one. I think they are around 6 inches in diameter.
That would work just fine, you want enough air flow to where the leaves are slightly rustling and bouncing around a bit. The extra fan also helps with venting out the hot air by circulating the air in the grow area. As long as the wind speed in there isn't that of a category 1 hurricane then you'll be fine :D

Rodger that, thanks mate. Im going to buy one later today. What about the small dead patches on some of the leaf tips?

I also moved the light away so its now around 6 inches above the plants. I use the back of my hand to check the heat, and I can hardly feel any heat at all.

Sorry guys, but when should I begin transplanting these into large pots.?

just tip em over so they fall out into your hand lightly and look at the roots if there are alot xplant if not and all dirt should be good, what are they in cups? one in pot looks ok for now let it recover

the brown leafs is most likely from the seeweed and the soil and the water.

is called nutrient burn. if you are using soil pure water will do untill they look hungry in my case roots organic soil feed the plants for about 4 weeks.

use good water ...how is your PH?
when adding nutes read the back of the label and at first go light. what are your PPM's or EC? do you even have a meter to check?
you should wait about a week before the transplant they look small still.

use premium soil. you get what you pay for.
a 600 w would give you a large yield 400 will be alrite aswell

I wouldn't have a clue what the PH is, whats an EC and how the hell do I measure PPM? Im sure your shacking your head wondering how I haven't killed these up to now. I do everyday.
I have been searching for a good PH tester in Australia, cant seem to find any.
I guess I have a steep learning curve ahead of me in the next week then.

ebay they are like 10$ each for testers need a ppm and a ph tester battery ones not the strips

ph tests acidity of water ppm is parts per million i think and tells you the amount of non water elements in your water

like my rain water is 17ppm add nutes it goes to 700ppm or wtv

Whats an EC meter and how important is it as well as controlling it and with what, man my head is spinning?.

yes soil type is also a possible reason for the leaves if it had fert in it

Latest posts

Back