First grow for a newby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
air ventilation plays a big role on the size of your buds... see if you can get an exhaust fan and an intake fan and another fan that blows fresh air over your ladies D1 Out

even if temps are in the 90's you'll still get meds but a smaller yield then if you were running it say at 77

Its very cool in the shed now. I have a fan blowing fresh air in there 24/7. I have learnt what not to do, what to stop doing, and what to keep doing. Say that ten times whit out stuffing up. This site has been a god send along with Marijuana...yeh baby. Im going to pic up a few bags of horseshit, I will let that brew in my compost heap for a while. I have actually found it quite calming getting my hands dirty, watching the results of my hard work. I have never been a gardener in my life, I dont even consider myself one now. In fact, I couldnt really careless about gardens, but in some strange way, I have found some piece in growing these few plants. Im now growing tomatoes, potatoes and herbs. I find that I kind of loose myself, its a good thing. I will stop waffling now.

Stufart

Quick update, sorry for harassing you guys. I just picked up my blue berry plant, she is in a pot plant around 7.5 inches tall and maybe 7 inches wide and there is a single white root close to 5 inches long growing out of the drain hole. Its sitting on top of a large saucer which has some water in it. My guess is its a tap root. Is it time for this girl to go into a large pot for the final grow?

I will take a photo tomorrow for you guys to look at.

After i got busted the first time,i became extremely passionate about my vegetable garden.

You absolutely need to get a thermometer in there and see what your temps really are. It is impossible to judge temp by feel. If it "feels hot" it is most likely way too hot in there, like in the mid to high 90s. Temperature control is very very important.

A general rule of thumb is 1 gal of soil for every foot of height. Marijuana generally grows with a network of roots and doesn't really have a single tap root like some plants.

The temp inside the shed is 65-70f. Thats temp was taken in early afternoon. I will take the temps in the mourning then mid afternoon.

Directly under the light measured at the very tops of the plants is 98f. I can place my hand 6 inches above the plant tops and only feel warms, its not hot at all.

By the way, the root hanging out the bottom the pot plant is now 8 inches long with little fingers or roots growing out from that.

You need to keep track of your temp at all times. I just use a cheap indoor, outdoor thermometer. Like $10.00 bucks at Walmart. I set the thermometer on the floor and hang the outdoor probe up in the ceiling. You seem too hot under the light. With that intensity of light, air movement across the top of the canopy is a must. Here is a picture of mine in use. Those are the temps on the floor and ceiling in my tent running 600 watts

View attachment 208023

Far out, this is more involved than I what i thought. Whats the temp to aim for on top of the plants?

since no one is answering I guess I lll take this one. cuz of my wisdom and experience lol. some don't believe but you always have those...
so here we go insted of telling you all the numbers watch this 20 minute movie it cover all the basics.
copy and paste this in youtube. "Grow DVD - Top Quality Marijuana Growing"

thank me later StuFart

You will need to the top of the plants no higher then 86 degrees or so... Get some air moving in there.

Rosebud said:
You will need to the top of the plants no higher then 86 degrees or so... Get some air moving in there.

Rose Bud I saw some of your work here Im very impressed i was your pink momma pic of the month andmore :eek: :D
so StuFart I think you have an Angel is called Rose bud.;) MVP of marijuanapassion.com goes to : ..."Rose Bud" congrats.
common sense with education on books and streets Priceless.
thanks for helping R Bud
good luck StuFart I got a feeling you ll do just fine

I have since hung a thermometer exactly 19 inches from the top of the plants. So far the temp is around 86-88 degrees. They have since responded very well. They are now growing very fast, I wouldn't have thought heat stress could slow them down. I will take more photos today, but man are they thick with branches and leaves.

Stufart said:
... They are now growing very fast, I wouldn't have thought heat stress could slow them down. .
lol i know there so much to it. i like orgnic takes all the guess work out of it.
you should really watch the video I recommended REALLY. before you go any further. its only like 27 mins long or something like that. it tell's you just about everything you need to know.

can't wait to see your fat babies lol;) good luck friend:cool:

I watched thanks. Some great points I picked up, probably already had much of the same advice from this site though. I just finished setting up my large compost tea. She is bubbling away like a beauty. I started keeping measurement of my plants growth from yesterday, I measured again today and they have come up 1/2 inch. I know its not a scientific measurement but I figured each bit of growth is better than the alternative. The temps at the top of the plants got to 89 degrees today, I have a 5 inch electric fan which I will set up to blow across the the tops of the plants, should have that on Tuesday. Getting excited.

Stufart said:
I watched thanks. Some great points I picked up,.... ....Getting excited.

i'm glad you got tru the video.

getting excited huh well as you should you got a lot of weed coming a 600 w should get at least 8 oz and up to 18 oz depending on the strain veg time and how well you grow them;)
how much space you have? 4x4?
how many plants u growing again?
and also how long you're gonna veg for?

At present they are growing in a large shed I have. No tent or enclosure.
I have no idea how long Im going to veg them, thats the next question for the oracles of this site. I started a bit *** about face, excitement got the better of me. I will upload some more pics tonight then you guys can advise me which way to go from there. Im totally new to this so Im running on what I learn from this site, to date, that has been 100%.

Following on from advise I have already received from people on here, they are now growing strong and fast.

1 x Jack Herer around 8 inches tall
1 x White widow around 9 inches tall
1 x blue berry 7 inches tall
1 x Jack Herer just germinated
1 x Big bud around 1 inch tall

Stufart

Here are the photos.

P8240273.JPG

P8240275.JPG

P8240276.JPG

P8240274.JPG

P8240277.JPG