First Grow, take a look=)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job so far.

As far as yield, that's all gonna depend how it shakes out in the end. Most of the bud mass comes at the end.

Coupla suggestions:

Get a thermometer/humidity reader. They're cheap and if things start to go wrong you'll have some valuable info to share.

I also agree you need to make those jugs dark. For me, light equals algae or light-hungry organisms that will rob your plant roots of O2.

If you have a good draft, that's great! I love oscillating fans for circulation. I use Holmes 6" desk fans and they are awesome.

I'll try to get a thermometer/humidity reader as soon as possible. I've wrapped some tape around those pots and they're hopefully ok now.

Picture-001.gif

Picture-002.gif

Picture-003.gif

Picture-004.gif

Picture-005.gif

Picture-006.gif

Duct tape'll do just fine!

Yeah, you just get two very valuable pieces of information with the humidity/temp. Just essential dude. Esp if you start to have problems.

They look very healthy, nice deep green. Good for veg.

Whats up Witness. You are doing a great job. Your babies are looking great. Nice and healthy. Keep it up.

Very nice grow Witness, I gotta say this is one of the best looking first grows I've seen in awhile, great job! ;)

Like Zarnon says, having a good draft is important, and it's good to have a fan in there blowing just over the plants to give them a gentle breeze of cool air when the lights are on. Also, a high quality reflective material like mylar can also be very beneficial towards plant growth and in turn you're yield. Mylar is the most reflective stuff out there, and all you need to put it up is duct tape ;)

Hey guys. Thanks for following my grow with such interest.
Well, I do have a few fans giving my plants that gentle breeze. One of the can be seen in a picture somewhere in the journal. Insane; The fan/s should only be on during the light period in 12/12?
Second, I wondered if white cotton sheets will have any significant effect as a reflecting material in my growspace. If not, what kind of shops will sell mylar?
Don't tell me Wall Mart, we don't have any here^^

Thanks again.

flat white paint runs a close second to mylar in reflective value, and a hella' lot less hassle.

Mylar isn't too much of a hassle Hick, duct tape and imagination is all you need ;)

Of course, if the grow area already has a nice flat white surrounding it, I would also be inclined to stick with that. However, if you're going to add a reflective material to your grow, I think its almost silly not to use mylar. With the combined money and 'hassle' you already put into your grow, why not use mylar? Its still cheap, you could put up mylar in a room or for the same price you could paint it flat white. Putting up mylar is IMO an easier, faster process.

Witness, about your fan question, the fans should be going at least when the lights are on. The danger of running your fans during the dark cycle is that the grow area could potentially get a little chilly for the plants, so it's something to keep an eye on, and for that you need a thermometer, did you have a chance to get one yet? And where to find mylar..I found my roll of mylar at a local hydroponics gardening store. If there's anything like this in your area that's the first place I'd look. Good luck with your search! :)

Everybody has an pinion insane. I respect yours.
I've found mylar to be difficult to clean(start washing it down, it rips/tears), is always fluttering in the breeze of the fans. But I don't grow in a 'box'. The fan's will near take your hat off your head in my room.

I use mylar and it is not that hard...

BUT, what I used were those little velcro strips (the industrial strength) and made 'squares' out of 'em. I attached to the walls along with the mylar. It is really easy to move and adjust. I can't take a pic b/c it's 'nighttime'. :(

But flat white is perfectly acceptable. Hick is right. It will reflect almost as much light as mylar.

Just another case of using two roads to get to the same place.

For wind, I like to think of the favorite places I've been and imagine the gentle rustling breezes.

(pics - Sukothai, central Thailand).

Personally, I like mylar b/c it's bright and shiny and I'm easily amused. Now I'm gonna ride my bikey.

sukothairevised.jpg

Sukothai3.jpg

Those are good points about mylar, Hick. If I was growing in a large room I would most likely use flat white paint as well, but I think when I get the chance I'm going to try Zarnon's velcro idea, thats a really cool idea Zarnon!

Just another case of using two roads to get to the same place.
Absolutely. Like hydro, one day I will have to give mylar another chance. I was being "frugal"(cheap) ;), and didn't purchase the thicker mill, industrial strength stuff. I used duct tape, and before flowering was completed, the tape was coming loose and I had mylar flags rippling in the breeze every time I opened the door...hee hee.
Admittedly, my installation could have been better. It's just one of those things that I wrote off as too big a "PITA", and never looked back.

Hey you stoners. I've put flowering on hold for a few days as I still haven't got the reflecting surface, thermometer or a timer for my lamp/fans. I have a partner for the grow and we still argue on who's gonna get it all(yeah we smoke to much)^^
But I guess we'll manage to get everything we need quite soon.
As for the plants, they are now covering most of the pots and I can barely see the floor beneath them. Pics will come ASAP. Cee Ya

Yeah, Insane, I will post a pic....

The cool thing is, that with that velcro, you can make the sections almost without any ripples. You will need some stout scizzors to cut that ind. str.

Those heavy duty velcro will come off only if a chunk of your paint comes with it :) heh heh...

Witness: Dude, head to Home DePot and you can get going for about 40 bucks.

Zarnon said:
Witness: Dude, head to Home DePot and you can get going for about 40 bucks.

Ill figure it out. Home DePot is nowhere to be found around these parts, but surely something similar should exist=)

Witness, well.... I don't know your space, but for me, if I do not flower within a certain time I will have difficulties...

Just go to your nearest Home Improvement Center and get a grounded timer and also a cheap temp/humidity reader.

That is it, and you are ready to roll.

Damn, we're all hard-core, but do not waste the time you've spent on these plants.

Its a good thing to remember that some strains can more than double in size when put into flowering, so its always good to try and make sure you have more room than you think you'll need.

Like Zarnon says, you've put a lot of time and energy into these plants, and they look great, now all you gotta do is get that timer and temp/humidity reader and you're on your way to a nice harvest! :)

I have a partner for the grow and we still argue on who's gonna get it all(yeah we smoke to much)^^

Well, the good news is that you can grow so much herb in a relatively small space that you can have enuf for both! :)

If you can churn out 15-20+ z's of exceptional herb every 3 months , there are no worries for even the heaviest stoner. I took myself and my best friend 'off the market' over a year ago.

So I guess I'll have to get a temp/humi reader quite soon then=)
I won't let you down.

Latest posts

Back