First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool...with two 600 watt lights how many plants should you be able to typically fit during flowering?

It all depends. You push them together inches apart, all the lower stuff will be joint material and hurt yield. If you are gonna cram them together, I would lollipop them. If not, I would spread them out, pound them with light, enclose them in something.

I started with one 600 watt light and thought I'd do better with a light mover. Some may like them but it wasn't for me. It was right out of the box and no matter what I did it made noise. It screamed, your growing something down there. No matter what I did there was noise and vibration. Even took it all down and put rubber between the track and the joist. I even sent it back to the company to have them check it out. I finally, just called it a loss and bought a second 600 watt light. I'm much happier as is my better half.

On the other subject of small vs. large plants, I guess I rather get caught with 6 plants instead of 30. After all they won't weigh them. Least I don't think they will.

Thanks for all the conversation and getting me to think about doing things in different ways.

So I just bought and set up my second 600 watt light! Transplanted more of my plants into 10" buckets. Starting to use my CNS17 Ripe with Hydroplex. I'll post pics soon!!!

Ok so I now have both of my 600 watt lights up and running at 75%. I keep tripping the breaker at 100% on both. I also added bamboo sticks for support. It's so hard for me to imagine that these were only 5-6 inches less than a month ago!!! Let me know what you guys think so far?!

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

I think you need to find a separate breaker for each light first. That's gonna bite you sooner or later, guaranteed

And, you need to get some oscillation going in there if you don't have any. I never need supports until I'm budded out totally, but I run 12" fans on mine constantly.

All in all, you're looking good though, doc.

I have an 18" fan oscillating on them and I'm adding 2 16" oscillating fans today. How will running my lights at 75% come back and get me?

ssjric said:
I have an 18" fan oscillating on them and I'm adding 2 16" oscillating fans today. How will running my lights at 75% come back and get me?

No, no--using a breaker that keeps popping off will come back to haunt you. It'll go off while you're gone or at some other most inopportune time, or it'll get fried eventually and you'll have to replace it. Sorry about the miss. Still looking good though.

PencilHead said:
No, no--using a breaker that keeps popping off will come back to haunt you. It'll go off while you're gone or at some other most inopportune time, or it'll get fried eventually and you'll have to replace it. Sorry about the miss. Still looking good though.
:yeahthat:

Running that close to a circuit's limit is not a good thing and it will bite you in the *** sooner or later.

Much better to split the lights and be safe rather than sorry.

DD

Oh ok, so just run an extension cord from another breaker into the room for one of the lights. If thats right then sounds like an easy fix.

or use a circuit with more power. Extension cords are allright, just make sure you use a cord that is the right guage wire, you don't want a little wimpy cord

Ok, sounds likes it's easier and cheaper to buy a heavy duty extension cord and just run it from another breaker.

ssjric said:
Ok, sounds likes it's easier and cheaper to buy a heavy duty extension cord and just run it from another breaker.
You would also need another timer, yes?

DD

Yes, but luckily I have an extra lying around! Sweet!!!

So here is an update of my girls starting their second week of flowering. Some of them are almost two feet tall already!!! They've grown almost 6 inches in one week!!!

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0477.JPG

yep they really take off for a couple weeks after flipping to 12/12....you'll be showing us bud pics soon enough!

Bro, you're looking great there. Got pubes on 'em yet?

He said pubes :)

After I paid some guy to put in the new breaker and run the romex to the 4-gang boxes for the old room. I watched intently, I could totaly do that again. PM Viper he knows his electrical. Just safer than electrical cords and peace of mind. Also, is that timer you have Heavy Duty?

Latest posts

Back