First Indoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom thumb

Reaction score
Hi, I've got some pics of how things are going on my first time, These picx were taken this morning which is the begining of day 10 in flower, you will notice various containers, size of containers and also a dramatic difference in plant sizes, all of these are from clones, strains being (and I am not confident as someone got them for me, from someone I don't know), B.C God Bud, and Chemo (or Lady chemo?), there is also one Critical Mass which i'm certain of as I took the cutting myself from a plant grown from dealer seed (an eight foot outdoor monster i might add). The reason for the variances is because this is my first indoor grow but I've done some outdoor growing and wanted to try some things.
It went as follows:

I got permission for the wife.
I started to build the room in the basement, luckily my basement is framed but not finished yet. I started checking equipment prices and asked a friend if they could find me 2 clones
The clones came before I was ready so I used a 150w clf and a 70w hps patio light i bought at Home Depot for $80 (these are now my veg and cloneing lights) to keep them growing, which it did and then some.
Now I was sure I could get some clones (without pests,and healthy), I got 5 more which took about a week, in that time I finished my room and bought my first batch or equipment, a 1000w hps (switchable digital ballast)cool tube/reflector,a fan and filter (can/fan) with 6inch duct, I already had a dehumidifier.
I put the 7 clones I had 2 getting bushy (I topped them mercilessly to keep them short until i was ready) and 5 that were nice but needed a couple days in veg. The growth explosion when I switched to the 1000w was amazing, so I decided to grow some bushes and let them go for a couple day longer then was needed before triggering. In the meantime I asked my friend to grab me some more clones, he said he thought possibly 5 but no more then that, (i said fine i'd take up to 10), a few days later I got 12 ( 10 i wanted and 2 extra because 2 were "feable") I also started 2 seeds i found in my crop of outdoor from last year. So I have plenty of babies.

I put the first 7 in to flowering on the 17th of this month, and I've slowly added a few plants, but all small clones after the first week until you see what I have now. I wanted to see the variances between small and big plants,and containers, I even have one in crushed clay tile doing a wick thing with manual floodings twice a day (it was a runt, but in two days it's kickin butt) I'm using flora nova bloom by gen. hyd. for simplicity right now in a mixture of pro mix hp, coco coir, and bat guauna. Any how thanks for taking the time to humor me and read my thread. cheers

re1.jpg

re2.jpg

re3.jpg

re4.jpg

re6.jpg

re7.jpg

re8.jpg

You should LST some of those bad boys man. It will increase your yield. Pretty damn good looking plants. Are those bag seed?

Nice man your grow is looking amazing. I'm actually getting ready to start my first grow here in about 2 months once i get the money for all the neccessary equipment. Def looks good man. you should post some pics once you harvest =]

I was wondering if I could find out what nutrients you used for your grow?

well welcome to the great indoor looks like you have a nice setup goin there you might want to invest in a mh setup for your veg room not only will it keep you plants nice and tight but you should have a better female to male ratio going when growing from seed.

looking awsome keep it up good luck and also you can get some clf for veg. if mh is not available

Very nice bushy plants I dont see any need for LST or any other lighting, especialy if you have started flowering.

Great job

thanks for the comments, my ballast is switchable between hps/mh so if i use my big room for veg i just switch bulbs

you got one nice set up and some healthy looking plants if you got the hight i would not LST. enjoy

Latest posts

Back