First successful grow - Need an opinion(s) (pics included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weed power

Reaction score
My first grow was not successful. I over watered my plant and covered it in pesticides to kill off the knats. (poor lady)

This is my second attempt and I am more conservative on watering and I DO NOT use pesticides anymore.

I started with four plants (all bad seed). I already sexed them and removed the one and only male. My friend brought over a female (in flower) so I’m back to four plants again.

Specs
Grow room - height: 5ft, width: 3 1/2ft
Lighting - 6 cfls (3 in blue spectrum, 3 in red spectrum) 18/6
Co2 - coke bottle with water, suger, and yeast
Fert - some blue **** (20 – 20) 1/4 teaspoon per 2 liter of water once a week split between all 4 plants.

Here are my pics. The plants range in size (14 – 24 inches)

100_0943.JPG

100_0945.JPG

100_0946.JPG

100_0947.JPG

100_0948.JPG

100_0949.JPG

100_0950.JPG

100_0952.JPG

100_0953.JPG

100_0954.JPG

hey for that co2 how much suger an yeast do ya use n how often do you change it

healthy looking grow ya got going there, they look real nice.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Nice job, plants look awesome. You said for Co2 your using a bottle with sugar, water and yeast? Does that create C02 by just being in the room?

I use room temp water and fill the 2ltr 3/4 full. I put about a 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon yeast into it and shake it well. You can get yeast anywhere and it’s cheap as hell. I change it every week although you could use it for up to 5 weeks if you use less yeast and more sugar. I use allot of yeast to produce more C02 so I have to change it every week.

Here is a good link, you can find allot of articles on it since people use it for aquarium plants.
http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/DIY-Yeast-CO2/7/
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/DIY_CO2.htmlhttp://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_co2.php

100_0956.JPG

thanks for that link. im going to try that as well. your grow looks real nice man

wow i just made this c02 thing with a gallon milk jug, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbls of yeast and man..... i am growing in a 1000 sq ft garage and within an hour my whole garage is stanky as hell. im going to assume since im smelling this stuff its really working. if i shake up the jug it instantly pressurizes with gas so i know its doing something. how do you know when to change it???
are high levels of c02 bad for you??? i thought i read that somewhere

1000 sq ft garage? Holy s.h.i.t! That’s a big area. I would assume most of the C02 is being spread out way too thin in such a huge area. Do you have a smaller enclosed grow room within the garage or is it out in the open? If it’s open then you will need more than one milk jug.

The more yeast you add, the quicker you need to change the solution; although you will make more C02. You will know once the foaming action stops. I would stick with 1 tbsp of yeast for every half cup of sugar. So you should add another half cup.

C02 has no odor. The pungent smell is the yeast itself not C02. If you hear it fizzing (when shaking) and see a top layer of foam...then you’re making C02. You only need to shake it once a day. This allows the settled sugar to remix with the water and yeast.

High levels of C02 are bad for you. But, I don’t think you making enough C02 to asphyxiate to death or encounter any health problems. You breathe higher C02 concentrations inside your normal living area. Enclosed grow rooms need C02 since they are sealed off and segregated from everything else

thanks for the info. i actually have a 7x12 grow room in my big garage but my grow room vents out into the garage because its cold as hell up here this time of year. so thats why i smelled it so strongly. im anxious to see if this c02 makes a difference. thanks for putting it up

added c02 can only be util;ized by plants at high temps, above 90F. AND in a "controlled" environment. Where it is administered at a constant and beneficial ppm, not vented out too soon, and at temps are coordinated to allow it's uptake....
C02 is also "heavy" meaning it must be distributed above the plants, or be circulated up into the canopy/foilage., or it lies on the floor and does nothing.

Yeah i only introduce C02 with Carbonated water, and i feed it too them directly, just no where near as much as i would with regular water, just a couple splashed on them, and in the soil.. but whats the point if its not 90f? i dont even bother doing it anymore now.

AWESOME PLANTS MAN! Good job keeping your babies happy and healthy! I am interested to see if your CO2 makes a difference or not - keep the pics coming! Here is a bit o' the MOJO for ya! :farm:

Nice plants, looking good. I use home made co2 also but what I do is make it in a 3 gal. bucket with a lid. I put an airstone in it and put a 1/2" hose coming out the lid. The other end of the hose has a nylon over the end and secured to the back of a fan blowing through the plant canopy. The airstone keeps things mixed up and the hose and fan put the co2 where it is needed.

Just an update with pics. (2nd week of flower [12/12])

I might have one hermi. I’m not sure yet. I have labeled the pics that show the possible hermi.

Oh yea, how much yield (grams, ounces, etc) should I except from these four plants?

I have about 7 weeks left for flowering

100_0963-1.JPG

100_0970-1.JPG

100_0971-1.JPG

100_0972-1.JPG

100_0973-1.JPG

100_0974-1.JPG

100_0975-1.JPG

100_0976-1.JPG

100_0977-1.JPG

100_0979-1.JPG

100_0985-1.JPG

My bet is on hermi, saw hairs and balls...sorry man. Don't wait too long to find out for sure, you need to get it out of there.

Latest posts

Back