FIRST TIME BUGS!!!! help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkram22

Reaction score
ok so i have 8 afgans and 8 blue mystics that are about three weeks old everything has been goin great so far... they are strong and very healthy looking.. yesterday i went into my closet and noticed little things flying around by the lights.... they look like little black or brown nats so i immediatly freaked i have some organic insecticide soap spray i sprayed that on all my plants and im hoping that will do the trick... i was just wondering what u guys think would be best for me to do... they are tiny little flying insects that look like gnats... i also have sticky paper and have caught 2 of them... i would say theres probably only 4 or 5 in the room... is this a threat?? im worried this is only my second grow and my first was in the winter and had no problems with insects.... any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks u guys are great

Are you growing in dirt or hydro? Is there any standing pools of water around?

For every insect you see, there could be 30 eggs waiting to hatch, do they look like this picture?

gnat.jpg

i am growing in soil.... i hadnt realized it yet but there was standing water in the bowls underneath my pots so i quickly got rid of the water... they kind of look like the insect in the pic but they are very tiny... they look like some type of gnat to me.... idk what should i do?????

bkram22 said:
i am growing in soil.... i hadnt realized it yet but there was standing water in the bowls underneath my pots so i quickly got rid of the water... they kind of look like the insect in the pic but they are very tiny... they look like some type of gnat to me.... idk what should i do?????

Sounds like gnats just keep it clean in there, dont over water.
Dont worry regular house gnats i dont believe will hurt anything, prob that standing water was the problem.

If your over watering root rot can accur and cause fungas gnats to come up out of the soil because the larve live in the soil and eat the roots

Just make sure any spray you buy is safe for fruits and veggies and keep on top of it.

I will be sure to do that... the insecticide soap spray i have is organic its called earth tone... i have been spraying the plants every other day and i have sticky tape in the room with the plants... i was really getting worried about it thanks for everything guys.... I have also noticed one other problem ive been having that i havent had before... im in week 3 of vegging and the very bottom leaves are turning a very light green to yellow color... i am using all organic soil and i was using blood meal for nitrogen... i just yesterday recieved the 3 part fox farm nutes i ordered them... i am kinda scared to use them tho for i dont want to burn my babies.... any guidance would be awesome....

Im a hydro grower, so dont know much about the probs encountered with soil, but i would add nutes at half strenth and keep an eye on your plants and adjust as needed.

i had some weird black gnats too, they didnt seem to affect the plants at all but they were irritating to look at in my beautiful grow room. i just bought those sticky papers and put some on the walls, it helped the problem a lot.

Latest posts

Back